Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Daily Doodles  (Read 6851 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Daily Doodles
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2017, 05:49:37 am »

Krita sounds nice. I like Photoshop, but I've never been able to figure out a good way to use it for drawing. Downloading now. Will try it out today, assuming I find time to draw. :)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2017, 06:35:21 am »

It does present quite a few options, but they're quick to get the hang of by and large, and most of them are unnecessary for quite a while.

I thought it needed an appropriately weeaboo name. I still suck at foreshortening, in other news.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2017, 08:19:46 am »

Today's prompt comes from the humorous fantasy class generator:

Samurai-Beekeeper
A really dwarfy warrior, I wish you posted these earlier, cause they show up and when I see them I already ave to go to bed because school.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2017, 08:24:11 am »

Samurai-Beekeeper
A really dwarfy warrior, I wish you posted these earlier, cause they show up and when I see them I already ave to go to bed because school.

You can always do them a day later, since you seem to be pretty far ahead time-wise. I really can't post them any earlier - I already usually get them up in the morning for me (GMT+1). No reason you can't do them the next day, and you'll probably still get them up before I post the new prompt. :) Really, I wouldn't have a problem with people using older prompts if they are particularly inspired by one or running late for whatever reason.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2017, 10:03:17 am »

Samurai-Beekeeper

You can always do them a day later, since you seem to be pretty far ahead time-wise. I really can't post them any earlier - I already usually get them up in the morning for me (GMT+1). No reason you can't do them the next day, and you'll probably still get them up before I post the new prompt. :) Really, I wouldn't have a problem with people using older prompts if they are particularly inspired by one or running late for whatever reason.
I guess bee samurai it is tomorrow. Also @Arx that's pretty awesome.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2017, 12:21:55 pm »

Just for kicks:

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2017, 05:38:12 pm »

Every professional artist I know of uses PS, and it looks pretty powerful to me. What version were you using? Admittedly, I haven't used it personally.

I mean, if you want to see image manip with painting tacked on, take GIMP for a spin. It hurt me to leave it for Krita, but GIMP is really bad for painting by comparison. Excellent for manip, of course.

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2017, 11:56:24 pm »

I don't know what version of Photoshop you were using, but it doesn't normally have a monthly fee, at least not in any version I've used. Usually you just buy it and its yours, though it's not cheap. Maybe they've changed business models? I have no idea. I've certainly never paid for it. It was always, as you say, either available to me or given to me by someone who already had it. If I had to pay for it, I'd certainly never use it. I don't use it professionally, just for hobby-type stuff, so it wouldn't be worth it. I'll be trying out that Krita program today after work.

Didn't wind up with any time for drawing yesterday, too much other work to do. Hopefully today! Speaking of which:

Manatee of the Apocalypse

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2017, 02:27:58 am »

ANYway, enough digression of the abusive customer policy variety. I'll definitely do today's prompt... after I've had a chance to sleep.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2017, 03:21:43 am »

ANYway, enough digression of the abusive customer policy variety. I'll definitely do today's prompt... after I've had a chance to sleep.

Ugh. I have an older version. I would never subscribe to something like that. I've used Photoshop mostly for image manipulation for a long time now, so I'm used to it and I like the tools it includes, some of which I miss when I use other programs. But yeah, it's not designed for drawing. I'm looking forward to trying the new program. Thanks to all for the info and recommendations.

I expect to finally have time to draw today. I'll do today's prompt and possibly one or two previous ones I've missed.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2017, 07:43:56 am »

So it turns out I don't have time to draw during the week, but I'm slowly gonna work every day by drawing some concept art on a character that I can finish during the weekend. I found a random generator and I got "a time-traveller who is actually a unique supernatural being" . Any ideas what a unique supernatural being could be?

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2017, 08:36:01 am »

So it turns out I don't have time to draw during the week, but I'm slowly gonna work every day by drawing some concept art on a character that I can finish during the weekend. I found a random generator and I got "a time-traveller who is actually a unique supernatural being" . Any ideas what a unique supernatural being could be?
That'd be the Doctor, I reckon.

Apocalyptic manatee incoming tonight if I can make it work. I have a decent idea, all that remains to be seen is if I can pull it off.
Also maybe a beekeeper samurai. I kinda got distracted drawing a proper Tosei gusoku and forgot the beekeeper part in the process, got frustrated and deleted the whole thing >.< If I'm motivated, I'll remake him properly.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2017, 10:22:43 am »

So getting in on this when I wake up tomorrow!
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2017, 12:15:40 pm »

Now presenting my

Drawn with Krita. I like it! I can really see and feel the difference with the drawing tools.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2017, 03:00:11 pm »

Neat, Sappho!

and mine...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7