Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: TWBT Next  (Read 31102 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: TWBT Next
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 02:45:07 am »

Forgive my ignorance, but in which folder exactly am I supposed to drop the lua script?

The Lua script is not required. I can't find a post where I explain what it does right now.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 11:01:30 pm »

Since no one is complaining, this will now be merged into the main code (which was the plan anyway). I will also probably update several tilesets myself to use the new features as an example.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 03:58:13 pm »

Subcolors don't work.
TWBTnext:

Normal:

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 03:18:30 am »

I'm using LNP to quickly update files to test for the 32x tileset I'm continuing, and this plugin does not work at all with the last official release (2016) of LNP. It won't load with the dfhack version there.

But using the beta release of LNP and dfhack (43.05 64bit beta) and manually installing the file here seems to work.

Did a quick test with making -bg and -top files and it worked beautifully! :D Haven't yet edited the raws of the colors, but it is very clearly showing the underlying floors. These are various rough gems (zircons, spessartines, spinels) and mined rock (phyllite) in a stockpile, as well as microcline (light blue) and gabbro (black) in a rough gabbro floor.

Questions:

1. Is this restricted only to tiles that can be overridden, or can the main tileset have a -bg and -top file too?
2. Is there a way to extend this functionality to creatures and units?
3. I've also encountered this, where mined rock was in the middle of a stairwell. The background it acquires doesn't seem to be the stairs, but the pointer tileset (a compass rose in default Meph, shown beside it for comparison). Is this one of the backgrounds you meant that haven't been added yet? Or is it just a hardcoded issue?

Anyway... this is exciting! :D

EDIT:
Ran into more serious issues. I think the background colors being stripped from other tilesheets is what waterphage13 meant by subcolors. All the tiles seem to lose their background colors. This issue persists even if you remove the -bg and -top files.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 06:18:58 am by Obsidian Soul »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 07:07:46 am »

That sounds like the official release isn't using the latest version of DFHack, but the beta is.

That's a nice looking tileset.

1. The main tileset can be given top an bg files, though certain tiles display floor below them.  Obviously, this will include tiles that are themselves floor tiles, but it also includes some other, less obvious tiles, such as stairs and outdoor rocks.
2. TWBT doesn't affect creatures, but this be a nice feature to see in the future.
3. Don't know the answer to this one.

I hadn't noticed the broken transparency, but I don't think I engraved any walls in my test, which is where the most obvious tileset magic is used.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 07:28:11 am »

That sounds like the official release isn't using the latest version of DFHack, but the beta is.

That's a nice looking tileset.

1. The main tileset can be given top an bg files, though certain tiles display floor below them.  Obviously, this will include tiles that are themselves floor tiles, but it also includes some other, less obvious tiles, such as stairs and outdoor rocks.
2. TWBT doesn't affect creatures, but this be a nice feature to see in the future.
3. Don't know the answer to this one.

I hadn't noticed the broken transparency, but I don't think I engraved any walls in my test, which is where the most obvious tileset magic is used.

Awesome. :)

Yeah. I only noticed the bg color error on like my fourth test when I took a quick look outside at my plants.

Unfortunately it's game-breaking for me, as my bg color is used heavily for tileset magic (fruits, material, etc.), while the fg color is used exclusively for coherence (match surrounding tiles, plants on grass, etc.).

It's not a problem for items, since the background would be the tile beneath them, but plants don't have an underlying tile, so the default bg color is black (which is bad for tilesets like mine). I could set the grass surrounding them to be fixed in color (e.g. permanently green), but it would ruin snow-covered/dry/wet/dead effects.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 07:58:43 am »

Unfortunately it's game-breaking for me, as my bg color is used heavily for tileset magic (fruits, material, etc.), while the fg color is used exclusively for coherence (match surrounding tiles, plants on grass, etc.).

Can you share tileset files for me to test with?
As for the stairs/cursor issue, yeah, "background" tiles that are themselves overridden need special handling, will need to fix that.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »

Can you share tileset files for me to test with?
As for the stairs/cursor issue, yeah, "background" tiles that are themselves overridden need special handling, will need to fix that.

I've upped the playable WIP version (for LNP beta/LNP) in dffd here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12876

Note that it is still very early WIP, so most of it is still Meph's tileset which I'm using as the template. I'm mostly done with the plants (base graphics and modified plant raws). I haven't yet gotten around to the picked tiles, so they'll just be blank grass for now, but there's enough there to accurately show outside/cavern biomes of the finished set.

The items tilesheet already has a few items that are edited for TWBTNext, with corresponding -bg and -top files. So you can use those as quick test tiles. They are arrows, bolts, darts, plate armor, chainmail, leather armor, high boots, low boots, spider web, barrel (stockpile), a mason workshop tile, mined rock, large gem, cut gem, and rough gem.

I've also included my old tile master file for making new masks, as well.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:08:07 pm by Obsidian Soul »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 05:46:27 pm »

Ok I see the problem. Backgrounds can be fixed by explicitly providing fully white -bg images until I make a new version, there's a bug with loading the default white1px.png if no -bg file is present.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 06:02:47 pm »

Ok I see the problem. Backgrounds can be fixed by explicitly providing fully white -bg images until I make a new version, there's a bug with loading the default white1px.png if no -bg file is present.

Awesome! Cheers.  :D

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 06:56:25 pm »

It works. Added -bg files for all the tilesheets (including the main tilesheet) and the bg colors are back for the plants. I'm assuming now that the "middle" layer is affected by both fg and bg colors as normal, instead of only the fg color as mentioned in the description in the first post.

Still have some flickering (redraw?) issues, where some tiles will show a black background until I move the screen or zoom in/out. But I understand it's far from finished. This is good enough to work with. :)

P.S. using the beta1 version since LNP has no release for beta2 64bit win yet.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:00:24 pm by Obsidian Soul »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2017, 07:00:14 pm »

I didn't notice it during my quick testing, it shouldn't be like that, i.e. it's not in development, so I'll check again. Can you see if there's any difference if you execute "twbt redraw_all 1" cmd?

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2017, 07:16:26 pm »

I didn't notice it during my quick testing, it shouldn't be like that, i.e. it's not in development, so I'll check again. Can you see if there's any difference if you execute "twbt redraw_all 1" cmd?

Nope. The tiles with the black backgrounds remain black.

However, it remains VERY specific to where the map focus actually is (i.e. the area shown in the window).

e.g. If you position over a certain area, certain specific tiles will have a black background. Move the map focus to the left, and it disappears (though other new tiles will show new errors). However move map focus back to the right, and the same errors will show up as the first time.

Zooming in/out also crashes the game at times.

As mentioned, I'm using the beta1 version since LNP has no release for beta2 64bit win yet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:25:19 pm by Obsidian Soul »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2017, 07:29:54 pm »

Oh I had to use colour picker as I couldn't see any difference. Why do people like such dark colours... Anyway, I'll look into this later today, hopefully.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5