Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: TWBT Next  (Read 31103 times)

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
Re: TWBT Next
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 07:40:44 pm »

LOL. sorry, it's WIP, I haven't adjusted yet. The dark bg colors is primarily to mask the backgrounds in tilesets like mine, which is why this plugin would be awesome for finally removing that requirement. Here's one with a lighter stockpile tile:

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2017, 12:38:15 am »

It seems to only be affecting certain tiles, so I have a suspicion it's because the -bg mask isn't 100% opaque white vs. transparent (i.e. it has aliasing). I'm gonna a bit of experimentation, will get back with results.

EDIT: Nah, wasn't it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:23:32 am by Obsidian Soul »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2017, 01:21:10 am »

I'm curious, does twbt currently allow more than the 16 default colors for materials? Either as overrides or by using the state colors?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 06:24:03 am »

I'm curious, does twbt currently allow more than the 16 default colors for materials? Either as overrides or by using the state colors?

Yes. If you set material basic/build/tile colour to value >= 100, it will use colour from df.global.world.raws.language.colors[value-100] instead. No one is using this feature as far as I know so it didn't get developed further.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 10:07:16 am »

In that case, I'm going to make a script to convert all the colors I have to language colors.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2017, 09:38:45 pm »

This is really impressive! With the addition of transparent buildings I think you've solved the last big issue facing Dwarf Fortress graphics. PTW

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2017, 02:40:40 am »

Yes. If you set material basic/build/tile colour to value >= 100, it will use colour from df.global.world.raws.language.colors[value-100] instead. No one is using this feature as far as I know so it didn't get developed further.

This is actually rather unsafe, because it depends on the color definitions never being modified, which is not guaranteed. Simply adding a single extra language color would mean that everything is changed.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2017, 04:02:53 am »

This is actually rather unsafe, because it depends on the color definitions never being modified, which is not guaranteed. Simply adding a single extra language color would mean that everything is changed.
Rather than complaining that the dog speaks poorly, we should be amazed that it speaks at all.

The caution is valid, of course.
If I understand it correctly, tile set installations tend to do a lot of things to files, and locking down descriptor_color_standard.txt would be rather reasonable when the tile set depends on it (in particular if it also adjusts color values to match the tile set theme).
If we're not talking about a tile set, but rather a tool, I'd consider doing the translation on tool startup/connection to DF/loading of a save, or just a straight comparison and refusal to work (with an appropriate error message, of course) on a mismatch.

I have to say this TWBT Next thing looks rather impressive, both additional colors and more power for tiles. The concern I have is if it has a significant FPS effect (I've made some DFHack scripts that became rather sluggish even though the only thing happening was rendering).

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2017, 04:43:39 am »

It's supposed to be used with a script setting these values somehow. Of course no-one is going to use "100+" values in raws. In fact, there's a script included in twbt package that sets basic/build/tile colours of materials equal to their real state_color values.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 07:52:33 am »

Came here from the mainline release note - PTW, so I can switch over the Starter Pack when this is stable.  It looks fantastic!

Of course no-one is going to use "100+" values in raws.
You're an optimist  :P
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2017, 07:27:26 pm »

100+ values... I would...lol
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2017, 06:59:38 am »

Since no one is complaining, this will now be merged into the main code (which was the plan anyway). I will also probably update several tilesets myself to use the new features as an example.

So mifki is twbt next in the current version of twbt or is still a separate package? Is it something that will have to be switched on?  I really enjoy this, and I'm watching a couple of artists who are working on the tileset...  just making sure I don't have to do a complete rewrite of my pack to get it to work, lol.

cheers on your work, I really don't enjoy playing DF anymore without you.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2017, 07:43:02 pm »

Since no one is complaining, this will now be merged into the main code (which was the plan anyway). I will also probably update several tilesets myself to use the new features as an example.

So mifki is twbt next in the current version of twbt or is still a separate package? Is it something that will have to be switched on?  I really enjoy this, and I'm watching a couple of artists who are working on the tileset...  just making sure I don't have to do a complete rewrite of my pack to get it to work, lol.

Currently it's separate but I'll merge it into the main branch once I have time to fix last couple things. There are no new options or anything, it should work just like the old twbt with existing tilesets that don't have -bg & -top files, and will enable the new features if these files are supplied.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2017, 08:46:45 am »

Currently it's separate but I'll merge it into the main branch once I have time to fix last couple things. There are no new options or anything, it should work just like the old twbt with existing tilesets that don't have -bg & -top files, and will enable the new features if these files are supplied.

awesome, I can't wait to hear it's ready.  I've tried it some and it seems great, but I don't want to push it into mainstream MW until you say its ready.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

daagar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2017, 11:54:05 am »

This is phenomenal. The 'black box' look due to replaced backgrounds was a definite eyesore, and one I assumed we were simply stuck with. I really can't wait to see tilesets support this, especially with the current 'cream of the crop' tilesets under active development right now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5