Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: TWBT Next  (Read 31115 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: TWBT Next
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2017, 01:07:43 pm »

Suggestion, if you manage to implement tall tiles, so to speak:

Have lower levels be offset on the Y axis.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2017, 03:59:09 am »

Mifki, I keep getting certificate errors both accessing your site and downloading via WGet. You have any idea why?

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2017, 08:49:31 am »

In addition I seem to be getting a completely black screen rather often. For instance, if I visit the Z (Status) screen and switch back to map view, it'll be completely black and won't come back unless I do something to update the window size (such as restore and maximize the window again).

Running on Archlinux x64 with Nvidia prop. drivers 381.22-2.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 04:48:06 pm »

Mifki, I keep getting certificate errors both accessing your site and downloading via WGet. You have any idea why?

Because when I created that server there was no Letsencrypt, and then I never bothered.

In addition I seem to be getting a completely black screen rather often. For instance, if I visit the Z (Status) screen and switch back to map view, it'll be completely black and won't come back unless I do something to update the window size (such as restore and maximize the window again).

Yeah, I know, try the previous build https://build.mifki.com/download/937/artifacts/twbt-next-6.15-linux.zip There were some changes in the latest one that are not fully tested.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2017, 07:04:28 am »

Because when I created that server there was no Letsencrypt, and then I never bothered.

Yeah, I know, try the previous build https://build.mifki.com/download/937/artifacts/twbt-next-6.15-linux.zip There were some changes in the latest one that are not fully tested.

Gotcha! I'll check that. Thanks!

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2017, 04:16:34 pm »

Gotcha! I'll check that. Thanks!

Well, it's been fixed since then, I hope, so now try the latest one :)

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2017, 03:56:16 am »

Anyone have any idea as to why this keeps happening?

http://i.imgur.com/JEdzVMr.png

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2017, 03:08:49 am »

Hi, I've just discovered this version of TWBT and I was testing a quick conversion of Mayday's tileset.

In normal mode, planned buildings (table and chair) are replaced with green X, but it is drawn correctly when I switch to look mode. Any idea why?

By the way, if you look at the booze stockpile just below, there are tiles with goblets that have a black background. I think it is because you only draw the two top objects (two goblets), it may look better if the top and bottom objects were drawn instead (or all of them, but I guess it is bad for performance).

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2017, 05:25:42 am »

In normal mode, planned buildings (table and chair) are replaced with green X, but it is drawn correctly when I switch to look mode. Any idea why?

Isn't this what "resume" plugin does? Anyway, I don't think TWBT can do it.

By the way, if you look at the booze stockpile just below, there are tiles with goblets that have a black background. I think it is because you only draw the two top objects (two goblets), it may look better if the top and bottom objects were drawn instead (or all of them, but I guess it is bad for performance).

Hm, I thought I had some code to avoid this, I'll take a look. Thanks for letting me know, that's basically why I still haven't made Next the main version, I want to give people time to discover what special cases are causing troubles with the new multilayer rendering.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2017, 06:22:54 am »

I think it is the "buildingplan" plugin. It allows to build suspended building without having the furniture ready and then automatically resume them when the furniture is available. It displayed correctly as inverted tiles with the previous version of TWBT. The bug does not appear with a normal suspended building, it may be related to the "unknown" material.

I forgot to get out of look mode after suspending the normal building. You were right, it must be the resume plugin. It must be a new feature from when I updated dfhack, I did not have that before. Solved with "resume hide".
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:34:31 am by Clément »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2017, 08:48:46 am »

My black background problem may be more complex than I first described.

In both armor and weapon stockpile, there is only one item per tile (item + stockpile + ground, as seen in the look window). But armors have transparent background, weapons don't. The weapons in stacks near the top left corner of the weapon stockpile have transparency (you can see two items), so I think my tilesets are done correctly (I can upload them, if someone wants to check).

There is a similar problem with the block stockpile: some of the blocks with black background are alone on their tile. The block over stockpile background in the top left corner is actually stacked with several other blocks and a bin.

I think my bags are also victim of this.

There is also the same problem as Obsidian Soul, where a few tiles may have a black background depending on the position of the view, but it is more rare (the top left and bottom left blocks in the stockpile may have stockpile or black background depending on the position, other tiles don't seem to change).

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2017, 05:25:38 pm »

Yeah I mentioned in the first pos I might have forgotten to handle some item types, that's the case with weapons at least. I'll fix this and check other problems on you screenshots as soon as I can. If you could upload your tileset that would help as it likely has more properly done tiles than my test tilesets, so I'll be able to spot more issues.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2017, 08:27:53 pm »

I think it is the "buildingplan" plugin. It allows to build suspended building without having the furniture ready and then automatically resume them when the furniture is available. It displayed correctly as inverted tiles with the previous version of TWBT. The bug does not appear with a normal suspended building, it may be related to the "unknown" material.

I forgot to get out of look mode after suspending the normal building. You were right, it must be the resume plugin. It must be a new feature from when I updated dfhack, I did not have that before. Solved with "resume hide".
Try replacing your resume plugin with the one included in TWBT.
More: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.msg7492491#msg7492491
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2017, 09:07:39 pm »

Try replacing your resume plugin with the one included in TWBT.

No it's not this, he was talking about the normal plugin behaviour he wasn't familiar with, as I understand.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5