Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: TWBT Next  (Read 31118 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TWBT Next
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2017, 09:37:01 pm »

Sorry, I must have read that wrong.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2017, 03:36:47 am »

Forget about resume. I don't know why I did not see it before but it is fixed now.

Here is an archive with modified mayday and meph's items tilesets. I included the xcf (gimp image files) if you want to tweak them (I simply paint the masks and export the layers).

In case you don't have the overrides for the items, here they are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2017, 07:05:37 am »

New build is available (for 0.43.05-r2) which hopefully fixes most of the issues.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2017, 08:09:04 am »

Thanks for the new version.

My remarks after a quick test:
  • Stockpiles look fixed for me (both item type and view position related bugs).
  • Transparency for workshop tiles used to work, but does not any more (black background instead of ground tile).
  • I forgot to tell it before: the trade depot is not drawn below the items it contains (in addition to the old issue of overrides not working for these items).
  • resume and automaterial plugins are not present in the new archive. Are they no longer necessary?

I don't know how this works, but would it be possible to draw more than two tiles (as a configurable setting maybe)? I liked how drawing items over one another made some tiles feel cluttered (and they actually are). Ideally, I'd like to have: ground/construction + stockpile/building + a few items, but I don't know if it is possible or easy.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2017, 08:53:47 am »

• resume and automaterial plugins are not present in the new archive. Are they no longer necessary?

They shouldn't be: https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/pull/59
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2017, 04:29:19 pm »

• Transparency for workshop tiles used to work, but does not any more (black background instead of ground tile).

Yeah was experimenting with this and disabled it. I was going to maybe make it configurable as I'm not completely sure transparency for workshops is required. The problem is that tiles used in workshops will most likely have transparency as they're used in other places, but this makes it difficult to notice workshops on some backgrounds - unless tileset provides overrides for all workshops. But probably I shouldn't have disabled it in the build, right.

• I forgot to tell it before: the trade depot is not drawn below the items it contains (in addition to the old issue of overrides not working for these items).

I'll check again, I looked at depots briefly and didn't notice.

I don't know how this works, but would it be possible to draw more than two tiles (as a configurable setting maybe)? I liked how drawing items over one another made some tiles feel cluttered (and they actually are). Ideally, I'd like to have: ground/construction + stockpile/building + a few items, but I don't know if it is possible or easy.

Well, as it's implemented currently, it's two layers only. However I'll probably try other ways later. Game draws (i.e. calls the draw function for) all the items anyway, and OpenGL performance isn't a problem nowadays, so we should be able to draw more stuff.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2017, 05:44:43 pm »

How progress with background colors?

vvAve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2017, 02:47:20 am »

Any tilesets to test new features?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2017, 09:05:51 am »

All the Next features have now been merged into the main branch (version 6.21).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]