Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Let's make a Random Spell List.  (Read 13845 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's make a Random Spell List.
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2017, 11:01:08 am »

Preston's Glorious Pompadour

Flip a coin, for either yourself or the targeted.

The afflicted will immediately gain a voluminous, bright blue pompadour on their head or head-equivalent. such a pompadour is so large that unless the national treasure is unwound, the afflicted can no longer wear helmets unless they are specially designed for the pompadour in mind. The Pompadour is so glorious that many will be in awe of it, and can be distracted by attacks against the target. It also makes the target more persuasive, some how.

It requires extensive maintenance to keep, and if the maintenance is not done, it will wither and the target is left with a large amount of dyed blue hair on their head, so heavy that it can affect their chances of hitting the enemy.

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2017, 11:04:00 am »

Living Spell: Takes another spell and gives it a living, sentient form that can cast itself at will. The form of the living spell is based upon the spell itself. If it would summon/create a living entity, it will probably be similar to the entity. If it would summon/create something nonliving, it could be a golem or other construct made of the same material.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2017, 07:24:48 pm »

Mercy of A Fireball(Enchantment, Alteration): For 2d6 turns, hot projectiles around where the caster currently is become unwilling to do people harm. They will attempt to avoid hitting living or conscious beings, and if they do hit, they try not to hurt them badly, causing  their targets' dodge and defense rolls to increase by up to 2. If forced to hit someone, they will try to hit the least people , the healthiest people, the most evil person, then people who deserve to die, in that order of priority. The spells affects also affect spells that are direct variations of the Fireball spell.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2017, 06:06:16 pm »

Expecto Patron(conjugation, destruction):target shopper is killed. The end.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2017, 02:33:44 pm »

Skullion Skull bash.

A wave of skulls is flung at the target, rattling and shattering on impact.

Healing Hammer

A hammer is summoned, of the Warhammer variety. when a target is struck by it, they are healed rather than bruised up.

Healing Maul

A larger, more meaty hammer, bereft of the name "Maul" with just that much more healing power.

Riping Ectoplasm

A bolt of blood red ghost powder is summoned and promptly thrown at hte enemy. it will continiously rip and tear at the enemy as if it were sentient claws until the enemy is dead, then it will move on to another target. It will last until either it is dispelled or around 40 seconds.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2017, 10:33:18 pm »

Ripening Ectoplasm(conjuration/alteration): Creates an amount of fruity ectoplasm that will eventually be fit for consumption. Can be fast on already existing ectoplasm to make it fruity and eventually edible. The amount of ectoplasm made/altered in measured in servings (1-2 cups), and the amount of servingsBefore the ectoplasm is ripe, it will be firmer and heal 1/10th of the user's health, or heal a minor injury, per serving. When ripe, it softens a little, tastes like miscellaneous fruit, and one serving heals 1/5th of HP/moderate injury, as well as recovering 1/5th of mana/2 turns of fools own on a spell. Afterwards, it rots away, smelling terrible (forcing the smelters to roll to resist being knocked out) and making the consumer puke. It then slowly fades away. The ectoplasm has double the effect on a piritual entities (like ghosts).

(Just a reminder, 1 spell per post.)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #306 on: August 02, 2017, 12:47:28 am »

Simple Curse: spells with less than 1/20 chance of success can't be cast be target.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2017, 01:09:41 am »

Paradox fireball: Destruction

Magic is used to draw nearby heat energy from the environment, and concentrate it inside a tiny point at the tip of the caster's finger. The spell prevents this energy from being released until it collides with either a solid or liquid mass, at which point it violently releases the energy collected in a fiery explosion. When the caster is ready, the tiny ball is fired from the tip of the finger at very high velocity.  It is said to be difficult to aim, but with sufficient charge time, causes sufficient splash damage to not be that important. If held for extremely long periods of time, enough thermal energy is collected and sequestered to cause the material overlapping the concentration point to undergo spontaneous fission reactions, which are likewise contained until released.  MP cost increases the longer the spell is held/draws heat from the environment. Heat energy is drawn from a [10*spellLevel]-foot spherical radius around the caster, but does not affect the caster him/herself. This effect can extinguish sources of open flame, as the heat needed to sustain the fire is pulled away magically.

Components--
Visual: Small orb the size of a small pebble is suspended about 2 inches in front of the caster's index finger, which glows brightly. Curls of frozen water vapor drip from around the orb, as all heat energy is drawn into the orb.

Auditory:
A faint hissing to a loud crackling noise is emitted from the orb, as it gains energy/is cast at higher spell levels

Somatic:
Caster must be able to point the finger at the desired target to cast.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]