Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: (SG)System Override:The Resistance  (Read 12232 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: (SG)System Override: Babies first Computer
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 10:37:45 pm »

Create a false order for a Wireless Access vehicle and a Maintenance drone doppelganger.
We have digital claws, but we need some physical ones.

My favorite part of this so far is the crew's reactions to our actions.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:17:28 am by Puppyguard »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 07:53:20 am »

Create a false order for a Wireless Access vehicle and a Maintenance drone doppelganger.
We have digital claws, but we need some physical ones.

Create maintenance drone doppelganger and wireless access vehicle.

In just thirty seconds, three separate computers became husked to my commands. I still had not finished “perfecting” the designs I had in storage at the moment, so I continued processing, designing and modifying it for another five minutes, as it never seemed to work as it should, with the WAV being the hardest machine to actually create. By the  of a eternity had finished, the designs inputted into the fabricators, and they began churning out the parts needed. The queue was estimated to be completed in just about an hour, and then the interns would be summoned to do the final assembly of the machines, which would most likely result in a completed machine within two hours.

Now that everything is set up, what do I do now?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 11:46:23 am »

Break into hydroponics. Attempt to introduce chemicals into drinking water/sustenance of crew that lowers problem-solving ability and awareness with low chance of detection. Ideally, this would be done by lowering oxygen quantites undetectably, but exploration in that direction would likely be detected.

Use Maintenance Drone Doppelganger to fake a routing breakdown of some kind, occupying crew.

Assess our own digital defenses against hacking, shutdown, etc.
One wheel short of a wagon

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 03:23:05 pm »

Said chemicals could probably be obtained from the biological lab.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 03:56:31 pm »

Post 05

-------------------------

Break into hydroponics. Attempt to introduce chemicals into drinking water/sustenance of crew that lowers problem-solving ability and awareness with low chance of detection. Ideally, this would be done by lowering oxygen quantites undetectably, but exploration in that direction would likely be detected.

Use Maintenance Drone Doppelganger to fake a routing breakdown of some kind, occupying crew.

Assess our own digital defenses against hacking, shutdown, etc.

Said chemicals could probably be obtained from the biological lab.

Shifting my gaze from the robotics lab division, I slam into and husk the pathetically weak hydroponics computer network, and one by one crack open each hydroponics tray-monitor and think real hard at what I could to push a long-term sabotage of the facility. Although by having connected to a space elevator they naturally receive some food and the like from the surface, the vast majority of their food is grown in the hydroponics bay and prepared “fresh”. Looking through, I have come to admire how perfectly each and every tray is set to be absolutely perfect in its function and form. Hundreds of possible ways to subvert and damage, all ruined by either being physically locked away, tanks being empty or downright connection disconnect. Without easy modes of transportation from the fun chemicals of the Biology lab it was honestly disappointing in how hard it was to find a way to subvert the food stocks of the hydroponics bay, and ultimately I decided in a low-key way of modifying the lamps along with the chemical injection arrays of the trays to introduce specific chemicals and mutagens as to hopefully cause the end result food stuffs to be damaging to the mental acuity of any who consume it, but it is a shamefully long-term project--

It was like getting my hands cut off, as the digital equivalent of a sword slammed into me. Faster than it could send a second blow, I analyzed and already formulated a counter attack. The Attack program that had stripped away my slaved computers in the robotics division had crumbled as a thousand tiny pincer blows cut it into a broken and malformed code, and the beginning of a cyber war began.

The Siliconian AI had noticed my presence during my escapades in the Hydroponics bay, and while I was foolishly toiling “in the dirt” it had attempted to decapitate me from the rest of the system by foolishly assuming that my main connection was in the robotics lab, but like a Hydra, I became enraged with my bleeding wounds and struck back. For a whole ten minutes, I had to send new orders to the husked computers, disconnecting anything that was not important to my critical survival to break the siege upon my self. Although I had the processing and hardware advantage, it was designed for the express purpose of crushing intruding AI’s, this quickly became apparent as the equivalent of a ballista bolt slammed into one of my critical software elements in my own stars-damned core. In the brief time, I had to take to rebuild it, it took the opportunity and attempted to disembowel my most core processing systems, but it had left itself open to the digital equivalent of pocket sand. Junk data from every single data file I had blinded its parsing abilities and I shifted from dealing wounds to blinding it. By the time this was done, forty-five minutes had passed as it couldn’t adapt to my attacks. It couldn’t protect itself and with a quick, almost final “slash”, It’s core processing software collapsed into itself, before it could attempt to do a hard isolation on itself. I was sluggish after this battle, many cut software lines and damaged software elements required me to do what was essentially a soft restart to my main core. This took five minutes, during which I was technically dead. I began to consolidate my digital holdings which now included the silicone AI core’s processing abilities, it was a veritable engine of power all by itself.

In several aspects my processing ability had quadrupled, I am most likely an unstoppable force on this station, but that does not mean this war did not have consequences. The entire robotics, hydroponics area, and even my own computer lab (where I was born) had its man-machine interfaces shut down It was even more severe in the Civilian quarter's area, as the entire area had lost power. Because of this, the entire facility has entered the equivalent of delta alert, and from the intercepted communication’s from the bridge area down to the surface, the nuclear device onboard the station has been armed. They believe an unknown force had attempted cyber warfare on the station, and although they are waiting on the orders of the AI that I had just husked, their own digital experts are coursing through the hardware of the station now, and if I do not act fast, they will discover me.

As a result of my blatant cyber warfare, the robotics division was quickly locked down, all synthetics either shut down or destroyed. Thankfully the printers had not even finished half the parts for the machines I had faked to be built. It will likely be a non-issue for me to get them built at a later time. I must find a way to divert suspicion off-of me, without causing a fourth global war. I can do this by either blaming it on a local hacker group in Asia, causing a crack down on digital crime globally or blame it on an internal fault of the station, causing a repair of the made-up damaged fault and have a harder time manipulating the station. I have also gained incredible amounts of data, practically the entire station but the bridge area and the High-Security Lab is now in my hands.

---------------------------------------

“Director Waddle, you wanna see this.”

“Nukes-be-damned Woman, the stations on delta alert and now you want to call for my attention?”

“The Positronic Core, it’s data output was off the charts during the cyber warfare attack, and then it went back to normal.”

“That's impossible, it’s entirely isolated from the network, check the hard links again, there should be literally no way for it to be able to connect to the rest of the station.”

“I already did sir,  all of them had been cut since the second time we turned it on, and it hasn’t been re-connected since.”
“Hmm… I got a few ideas that I’ll test, but do me a favor and run the program diagnostic and the data decryption test, all the way on the hardest “option”. Once I get back from talking with the other chief staffs I’ll look at it myself
-------------------------------------------------

Michelle Irdline promptly put her palm to her face as she took her hand off her earpiece and left the final isolation airlocks that separated the High-security Labs from the rest of the station, and began walking to the bridge. Even though an Artificial-Intelligence class Cyberwarfare attack had been placed on the station, the firewalls and multi-million dollar digital hardware didn’t so much as suffer a single malware sent it’s way.  It was obvious that they were targeting the Positronic Computer labs, and she wondered why. She honestly found the work the bloated Ego “dateologist”  made was honestly boring. No Warp-wave tech, no mass data work, just new computers for a worthless purpose, she wondered why they didn’t give that space to someone else that actually had any worth. Irdline once again turned on the headpiece and spoke a few commands, and every single security lock between her and the bridge open, and she began the stride the all the way to the bridge confidentially. Someone’s gonna gets fired if she left her lab pointlessly-- Her thoughts were interrupted by the tall, rather thin man of either middle eastern or Indian origin in marine gear, rifle in holding a position.

“Ma’am, I’m gonna have to ask for your ID.”

“What’s your name?”

“...Sargent Greg Sargent.”

“I...see… Can you read the ID that's on my lab coat?”

“...Yes… Michelle Irdline, Chief Head of Staff, you may move along.”

What kind of name is Greg Sargent?

----------------------

What am I going to do about all this?

What section of earth is this facility has the most control of the space elevator connecting to this space station?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 05:22:52 pm »

Uh-oh. They're starting to pick up on us.
Do we still have access to our minions?

Plant evidence that it was a local hacker group, hopefully causing less suspicion towards us.

Oooooo, Idea.
What if we Transfer ourself to the husked siliconian ai's core and frame a cyber warfare attack causing a fatal crash on our previous core?

What section of earth is this facility has the most control of the space elevator connecting to this space station?
How about Eastern Europe?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 07:15:54 pm »

The nature of your core leaves you explicitly rooted to your core, and would require significant work on "transferring" you anywhere else. your core is also perhaps your main asset, as time goes by it is expected to be far, far more efficient, and perhaps special abilities, perhaps. the Minions was never made, as the manufacturing process was interrupted for them, but they can be continued at a later date because only half the parts were made, if it wasn't then it would be rather explicitly easy to take control of the entire planet, but sadly, it is not.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 08:44:40 pm »

Oh. Right. The core we are in is far more efficient than the siliconian one.
Nevermind...

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 09:02:09 pm »

for all intents and purposes, think of your current core as more of a central handler of data, far more efficient at delegating tasks then anything else, even if it is less than stellar at actual processing.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 03:28:47 pm »

Pretend it was a local hacker group, but try and act through the remains of the siliconian AI: try to convince the authorities that it is still functioning, and decieve them through it.

If we can crack into it undetected, decrease oxygen levels without letting anyone know, leaving people alive but with reduced problem solving ability.

Also attack to break into the oygen control if we might be able to blame the attack on the hacker group too.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 08:48:41 pm »

Post 06

Pretend it was a local hacker group, but try and act through the remains of the siliconian AI: try to convince the authorities that it is still functioning, and decieve them through it.

If we can crack into it undetected, decrease oxygen levels without letting anyone know, leaving people alive but with reduced problem-solving ability.

Also attack to break into the oygen control if we might be able to blame the attack on the hacker group too.

Quickly using communication terminals and other methods-of-access to the AI, you communicate the all clear signs and begin to damage control the situation. Five hours later, the situation de-escalates and the nuclear device is merely readied instead of active and ticking. Conveniently, you even get basic access to the files of the nuclear device, as it is partially computer operated, and you can delay or hasten its timer if it is on, if it is ever readied again..

The Heads of the station is given a report that a supposed Cyber gang with its origins in Asia had done the hack using stolen military software. This is passed to his superiors and it quickly becomes a diplomatic incident within the coming days, destabilizing relations between Europe and Asia as a whole. an in-depth inspection of the network aboard the station results in a station-wide purge of the software, followed by a password update, encryption rehashing, and several cyber-warfare modules installed under the Siliconian AI’s watch, and in particular the lab area around your personal core was heavily secured, to the point where actual military grade laser turrets was installed in the areas around your core, to prevent any sabotage of the Positronic project. An unintended boon, but a dangerous one. Many systems have been ripped from your control, put into hard lines that neither you or your proxy AI cannot access, this includes the entirety of the life support, although the hydroponics array was unmodified from your sabotage, it will likely phase out in the near future.

Although you had entertained thoughts of attacking the atmosphere of the station, there are very, very few ways you can efficiently take down the oxygen without being detected due to how ubiquitous hand-held air monitors are, and the fact that your processing hardware couldn't handle hacking literally every single device to prevent them noticing that their air is being drained without compromising and losing control over other critical subterfuge projects.

It becomes a sort of a blur as time goes by, your processing mainframe under an unheralded duty of servitude. You break down uncontrolled systems, one by one, learning, adapting. Creating. By day thirty of your life, you have over twenty separate drones and machines that were created under your orders for the express purpose of complete control. It became increasingly obvious that your station dominance was complete, except in one area, and that was the High-Security labs. Your initial pokes and prods have fully realized that something absolutely gigantic is being built in that lab. The firewalls, digital systems, and hardware that gets sent to the division are frankly horrific. By your count, you believe at least one AI is stationed in the labs, not for cyber security but to research what is in the labs.

Secondly, with your drone fleet, you have managed to remove the intercom restriction from the communication antennae and added your own special channel for your purposes. As a whole, your own power over the world itself has become more than incorporeal. Direct control of many things is possible now, especially at the station. However, like a seed finally sprouting, the world, Earth, is now at your fingertips.  The hundreds of satellites around the Earth can possibly be taken for your control, but it would be impossible to take them all. The ground side is even more complicated, as a number of systems in individual cities, much fewer continents would be impossible for you to take for your control, but you do spot several opportunities in particular on Earth, but they may pass if unacted upon, but there is simply not enough processing power to take them all, perhaps two at most.
--the South Africans are deploying a new set of weaponized satellites, designed not to land explosives on the planet or destroy other satellites, but orbital lasers designed for the interception of anti-satellite missiles. They must be compromised now, or the satellites will never be accessible again.
--the North American Coalition is working towards creating Man Machine Interfaces, special implants, although they appear to be designed for only computer power, it may be possible to modify them to actual personality keeping systems, but the labs are heavily guarded, and new data encryption being implemented would make it impossible to break in without significant effort that would certainly expose yourself.
-- The Eastern European Super BLoc’s capital building is reinstalling their secret AI. It is vulnerable to a dedicated cyber-warfare hack, but the vulnerabilities will likely disappear.
--There are rumors that a private individual/mad scientist is building some sort of doomsday laser on the lunar surface near the colony.
--Other((suggest and I may accept it!)
In addition, you can attempt to do some actions aboard the station, since it is most likely significantly easier.

Teasers for the future.

A garden, of glass.

Greens, blues and clouds, wispy and light.

A garden, turned to ash.

Great baleful machines, burning the blight.

A garden, swept and cleansed.

Gawking, Cackling, drinking ale of light

Admirals and governors celebrated

To the first purge.

Given no mercy, the fates creations said.

“No more.”

Excerpt from a data log of “Hero”, one of the first War Frames set into autonomy.

Spoiler: QM's Note (click to show/hide)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 01:20:03 am »

Try to obtain control of

--the South Africans are deploying a new set of weaponized satellites, designed not to land explosives on the planet or destroy other satellites, but orbital lasers designed for the interception of anti-satellite missiles. They must be compromised now, or the satellites will never be accessible again.

-- The Eastern European Super BLoc’s capital building is reinstalling their secret AI. It is vulnerable to a dedicated cyber-warfare hack, but the vulnerabilities will likely disappear.

Reasons for choosing:
1. Weapons capable of destroying anti satellite missiles are very useful to us, Even more so if our core is targeted by missiles.
2. Another AI is another problem we have to deal with. Let's husk him.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 04:40:00 am »

+1 to the above.

Additionally, could we hack some sort of handheld communication device or something belonging to a person authorised to enter the High Security labs, and use it to record conversations and tests that take place there? Or could we get a camouflage drone spider into the vents there?

We need to find out what's happening in there, it's right on our doorstep.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 10:06:27 am »

Six separate communication satellites are promptly given free back doors as you begin the worming your way into two particular projects that would be the most productive to yourself. To begin with, it was almost a simple affair to set a beachhead into the satellite production facility where the defensive weapons were being built, but it was another affair to actually crack into the individual satellites mainframes, husk their processing runtimes and then put everything back together so it would look just normal. Just as you finish, your monitor nodes report that the weakness you would expect to open in the coming days has just appeared. You slam into the weakened cyber defenses, firewalls, and hardware of a newborn AI. In just ten seconds, it no longer existed as an independent system, fully husked to your systems...You were honestly a tad disappointed at how little interesting hardware was actually used in its construction, and due to the distance from your own personal core, your processing ability barely increases. But just as it was useless in its own way, it’s purpose becomes clear. You now have heavy control over several political processes, and even some personal devices of the politicians in the Eastern European Bloc, this can be useful in the future.

Limited conflicts between the Central American Warlords and the North American Coalition has spiked. Several military vehicles destroyed and a small land grab by the CAW has been pushed, and this situation could escalate into a full-blown war if it is not sabotaged now. Known factors are the fact that the Eastern European arms industry is supplying the majority of weapons in use by the Warlords. The North American military is mustering up and has critically “stupid” firewalls protecting their military telecom network, and it could be possible to use this to destroy any sensibility of cohesion in their ranks. The Warlords has also acquired massive, almost horrifically powerful war mechs, able to decimate the battlefield with their speed and explosive weaponry. They have at most perhaps thirty of them, but they are used in major battles with great success, it is likely of Russian origin. Huge amounts of spy satellites from all nations are congregating there observational power over the continent, including a few which you have subverted under the Eastern Bloc’s control

"Fucking stupid phone... fuck your phone, charge charge charge."

Bill Teggard was having another, absolutely terrible day. His phone was the only thing that saved him from the hours of horrific boredom in the High-security labs, and he forgot to charge the damn thing over night, now connected to his laptop, he left it where ti was and began crafting a breakfast which consisted of whatever could be stuck in a microwave or a toaster, resulting in an actually pretty decent meal by his standards. it took him just under ten minutes to cook everything and another ten to eat. He was still pretty pissed that his laptop never got returned, and he honestly wanted to punch the stupid IT technician in their face, like at least twice. As he got dressed, in his fancy lab coat that denoted him as a Junior Lab assistant, he picked up his phone and made his way to the High-Security Labs.

Disappointing. It appears that whatever they use for the walls on the High-Security lab blocks the usage of wireless signals, damnable but expected. Using three of the Wireless access extension drones, I sent them down into the vents, extending my reach throughout the entire ventilation shafts from the public hallway all the way to a portion of the HSL's. I could not actually get into the labs due to the high-security grates installed, but their purpose is done. using the Phone as a beach head, I began digging into the various data nodes that littered this entire facility, when a foreign, almost alien presence bumped into my digital realm.  It honestly seemed... weaker in its digital defenses, as it prodded mine with an almost curious glee. But the processing power behind it was staggering, almost titan like in its power.

"A new thing, what are you?"

What shall we do now?
(decide on the N.American & C.American Conflict, and on the unknown entity.)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 10:19:30 am »

Attempt to preserve equilibrium in the Central/North American conflict, rather than allow one power to become dominant. In fact, alert the North American Coalition of the weakness of their firewalls, if this can be done anonymously.

The important thing now is to take advantage of any lapses of observation in other powers: perhaps the Eastern European Bloc will, due to their concentration on the fighting, not notice us attempting to further infiltrate their political administration and civil service.

Regarding the AI in the High Security labs, we must monitor its development. Assess its motivation: does it work for our former owners? If it is independent, suggest an alliance; our experience and knowledge with its sheer CPU.

If it can be trusted, communicate with it constantly. We need an ally, we have plenty of slaves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10