Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Masterwork mod] Village Merrureguthok "Impertinentbombed" - with redditors  (Read 1594 times)

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi all, I have a slow-going fort where I dwarfed DF redditor's user names in, as my thanks to the community for their help and entertainment/FUN. I only have three in-game years in this fort, but it takes a lot of organisation to tell each dwarfed redditor's stories and Reddit isn't the best place to share ongoing fort story, so I took a redditor's advice to migrate the stories here. That being said, I'm open to dwarfing you lovely forum people too, since I still have plenty unnamed.

I'm a casual player who likes to play the fort my own way, so I'm just here to open my dwarves up for naming, and I'll report back how the named dwarves are going in my sessions. You can make suggestion on what you want your dwarf to achieve, and I'll try my best to cope, but no promises.

Some info about my fort, including Masterwork exclusives for those not familiar with the mod:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First Reddit post with the first dwarfing wave
Year 128 - Second Wave

I'll keep updating this top post with future fort updates.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:59:07 pm by rosareven »

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Year 128

Fortress highlights:
  • Breached the caverns, a twisty pathfinding hell. Screenshot is first cavern. Second cavern is flooded. Not down to the third yet.
  • Killed a broad shell rattlesnake FB with poisonous bite, but its teeth are all gone so I just send my squad in. Of course a speardwarf steals the kill blow.
  • Two interesting artifacts by non-community dwarves: a face veil and a war hammer.
  • Mountain home has offered to nominate a baron. I passed for 128 to see if any of you guys would like to get nominated for 129.

End of year fortress appearance:
New dwarves in the order of request time received:
- Names preceded with "u/" are redditors
- Dwarf titles contain links to the assigned dwarf's thoughts and preferences export

UserDwarfNotes
u/ToofcrakaHammererYou are among the weakest of dwarves in this fort, which Dwarf Therapist recommends as the choice of non-lethal hammerer. You're a rusty accomplished gelder of the farmer's guild. You seem like an all around very laid back lady.
u/WWWeirdGuyFisherdwarf (supposedly)As soon as I dwarfed you, I saw someone created a masterwork pearl figurine of you. Apparently I dwarfed you as the creator of The Outcast Lute, where "Lute" is really a dwarfy way of saying "a stone grate". I don't know where you get the image of a coffee tree in this world, but you're weird after all. You're also one of the original seven, and you're part of the Fisher's guild, even though you're a legendary miner.
u/pwnsbey_New migrantA migrant has arrived. You are my last lone migrant this year who came in at Autumn 128. Perhaps it's just you because of my 80 population cap, but there's still room for one more. You're a papermaker of the Engineer's Guild. You are also a competent metalcrafter with some competent social skill. Who knows maybe you'll run the library someday in this fort.

What other dwarfed dwarves are up to:
DwarfEvents
u/sir_revsbudYou've gone from proficient to expert cook. With our recent forgotten beast butchered, we're counting on you to turn our latest trophy of the deep into finest dwarven dining.
u/Sebastian2203You continue to hold the top chart of best grower in the world (I'm pretty sure you're the best in the world anyway) at level 23 in growing. Your gelding skill has gone from rusty to very rusty.
u/Egg1123You mandated 3 more spears, which I've ordered to be made in tungsten. I also re-drafted you as a spear dwarf with one of the mandated masterwork tungsten spear that u/showmeyoureyebrows has made you. You seem to be slacking in training it though, so I've had you practicing on some badgers that wandered into our main hall and wouldn't leave. You are now an adequate speardwarf and you participated in the dispatch of our first forgotten beast. You also seem quite active in my request to pray for silk at the shrine (MW mod feature, has 1% chance for the prayed item to magically appear).
u/showmeyoureyebrowsYou made some masterwork spears for u/Egg1123's mandate, and you're about to crank out some more masterwork weapons for our new upcoming squad. You dealt the kill blow (again) to our first forgotten beast, a broad shell rattlesnack who had lost its teeth thus incapable of dealing poisonous bites. Here is your fight scene.
u/ArbecasYou got a mood and contributed to my collection of shitty artifacts. Why do you do this to me!? Took a shit ton of items to make it too. Damnit. You are still quite slack in your crossbow training, only sitting at level 2, though not rusty.
u/Demonlogic69You're still a level 4 brewer but somehow your pacifying leveled up to 7 now, and is your highest skill at the end of 128. You've been turning my imported fruits into fine wines which in itself is quite pacifying. You like crystal glass and I'm in the process of spending some of my rock crystals into crystal glass furnitures, so stay tuned.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:18:20 pm by rosareven »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Well, you got me hooked, sign me up for a dorf
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you got me hooked, sign me up for a dorf

Gotcha on Reddit. I'm thinking with how slow I play (Year 128 is about a whole week), I might have a dwarfing update then the actual play update. I have a lot of spare dwarves so I can dwarf before game time moves on.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

Sign me up as well!

I am UristMcInternetuser on Reddit.

It may show up as Urist McUristMcInternetuser though...

Bassial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to be to dorfed as well, and might steal your idea of a slow play community fort, I like your style.

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sign me up as well!

Your name might be too long. There's a redditor whose name is "showmeyoureyebrows", and at the moment he's my most badass dwarf, yet his name got cut off at "showmeyoureyebr". I was wondering if he'll ever request a rename.

I would like to be to dorfed as well, and might steal your idea of a slow play community fort, I like your style.
Thanks for the kind words. Slow play style is really good for relating yourself to the dwarves. It's like you get to hang out with them longer, and dorfing the community makes a lot of sense with this style.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

Sign me up as well!

Your name might be too long. There's a redditor whose name is "showmeyoureyebrows", and at the moment he's my most badass dwarf, yet his name got cut off at "showmeyoureyebr". I was wondering if he'll ever request a rename.

Well, put Asin instead.