Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding Interactions  (Read 718 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Modding Interactions
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:41:52 pm »

So I am messing with the interaction example files, and I am having trouble. The problem is that I don't know how to test it in the arena.

When spawning arena creatures, you can press U to change the effects they have. But I added a new one to the interaction_secret file, and it isn't showing up. How can I change this?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Interactions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:29:19 pm »

The files in the interaction examples folder are just that - examples. They aren't read by DF. Interaction files need to be in the objects folder to be read.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:49:58 pm »

The files in the interaction examples folder are just that - examples. They aren't read by DF. Interaction files need to be in the objects folder to be read.

I had a feeling that was the answer. But the question of the hour is this: where are the interaction files that are read by the game?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 02:59:59 pm »

I had a feeling that was the answer. But the question of the hour is this: where are the interaction files that are read by the game?
The ones you see as examples are hardcoded into the game. If you want to add any, you'll have to create a new file.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:29:59 pm »

The ones you see as examples are hardcoded into the game. If you want to add any, you'll have to create a new file.

Thanks for the help!

I do have another question though. I know that titans and forgotten beasts can use randomly generated syndromes. Can you mod in a creature that has a venomous bite with a random effect? Or perhaps a spell used by necromancers that cast a random syndrome on a target?