Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (OOC thread) (Dead)  (Read 27315 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Okay folks, I'm afraid I'll have to hold off the first map until tomorrow. You can RP if you want, or just let the thread idle. I will not be available to do much for a long time due to sleep and work.

If you want to RP with the NPCs, bear in mind that it might be some time until I can respond.

also if you start singing again some trees might just decide to fall down on some annoying heads :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well what are we going to sing in the middle of the forest anyway? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:54:41 pm by Lucus Casius »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Just read most of the roleplay.

How do you folks do this stuff? The backstory, the jokes, the song, everything?

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hive mind.

Edit:  A lot of stuff is coordinated through PMs and irc and whatnot.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I dunno about everyone else, but I've been RPing online on and off, mostly on, since I was 12 and I enjoy writing. I like the exercise of getting in someone's head and figuring out why they do what they do and how they'd react to what the other characters do and to the twists in the story.

Also I'm rarely ever on IRC and the only two people I talk to on even a semi-regular basis via PM are Tiruin and Taricus, so I'm not doing much coordinating. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heya. By the way, I think it's usually considered bad form to post in the IC with a PTW since it interrupts the flow of the RP - I think you can click the notify button to be notified of new replies.

As for the rest of the stuff you asked, uh... I'll mostly defer to someone else, like everyone who answered before me.

But my take on them: for characters' backstory, I think you just imagine up a character that fits into the setting you're given and go from there (or repurpose an existing character you've come up with so that they fit in the world you're given).

Not completely sure what you mean by jokes, but I'm guessing they just come from character interaction. If you think of a joke relevant to the situation and your character would be the kind of character to say it, then there you go. No planning or set up involved, really.

For the songs, I imagine people just decided it was a good time for a song. These songs aren't original, pretty sure.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

you also have to not cry when you aren't accepted
Black lives matter.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

pat pat.

I don't think that's what they asked about exactly, though. ^^;

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Heya. By the way, I think it's usually considered bad form to post in the IC with a PTW since it interrupts the flow of the RP - I think you can click the notify button to be notified of new replies.

I'm pretty sure the last time I tried that, my email inbox got (even more) filled up with said notifications.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha, that's all I know, then. Would still probably not recommend posting in the IC without permission from the GM. :/

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure the last time I tried that, my email inbox got (even more) filled up with said notifications.
NOTIFY fills your EMAIL or other associated area up--by default, it's the email :P
You can easily have the OOC in check and click the OP for the IC link though!

you also have to not cry when you aren't accepted
* Tiruin cries with you, because we're on death row and all.
I'm just a farmer! D:

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Just read most of the roleplay.

How do you folks do this stuff? The backstory, the jokes, the song, everything?
NEWBIE :D
I see you in other places on Bay12! ^ ^ Welcome to FEF!

It, as far as my whole experience here is as far, is from natural communication--you be your character, and you act how you'd act :O Usually it just spontaneously happens. As Bay12 is my first ever forum and I got wrangled into the RtD boards (and that's the start of everything forum gaming with me) because of the awesome storytelling and the RP.

It's like 'picture what you can be' from the GM's OP--the Original Post is like the fertile soil to grow your plant of imagination. There is something to be responded to! \o/ There is no pre-set way to play, and you're free to grump or have fun around the other folks.

Now hear us wail on death row thank you.
:P

But in all seriousness--it has a great deal of familiarity to it; play the Fire Emblem games! Play OTHER Roleplaying games! The people you see in FEFs are those that can RP very well. I'm biased that way because I've seen it! :D

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will keep an eye on this thread, just in case you end up opening a waitlist.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

* Haspen keeps lurking with VIGILANCE :V
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30