Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newtonian Alchemy (IC) [4/4]  (Read 1461 times)

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Newtonian Alchemy (IC) [4/4]
« on: May 09, 2017, 04:46:08 pm »

After his theory of universal gravitation and invention of calculus, Sir Isaac Newton made an even more groundbreaking discovery. Magic is real, and some Alchemists can tap into Alchemical Energies. A century after his death, these theories are uncovered by the British government and a corps of armed alchemists is formed to fight the dangerous creatures that have recently started arriving in the Mortal Realm, just as Newton predicted. You and three colleagues are one squad of this Alchemist force. Your commander calls you into the breifing room to tell you about your next assignment. A minotaur has been terrorizing the grounds of Buckingham Palace, and you four are the best squad available. You immediately gather your weapons and mount your horses. After arrival, you see the minotaur, and he charges ot the four of you. Only Auriel is quick enough to respond.
OOC
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Long Live The !!sand pear wood throne!!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Newtonian Alchemy (IC) [4/4]
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:18:00 pm »

Auriel, long dismounting her horse before investigating the scene, had walked carefully and quietly to the scene with the rest of their group, or as quiet as quiet could be. When the Minotaur appeared, she swiftly leaped to the right, firing the crossbow on instinct and following it with the sharpest bolt of fire she could muster in such a short notice.

Sweep to the left. fire the crossbow. Spend 50 fire mana shooting a shoddy bolt of quickly made fire.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 07:44:07 pm »

Seeing that this monstrosity has already made it to the group by now, I decide to extend the ground beneath my feet upwards in a spire about five or six meters made of the palace's floor. Making sure that I draw my falchion of course. Can't forget that.

Spend 75 Earth Mana making an elevated platform beneath my feet. Draw falchion.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »

Draw pistol, spending 100 Mana to inspire terror.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 05:08:50 pm »

Spend 300 wind mana to give my mates a speed buff due to wind moving very quickly with their movements

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 07:18:51 pm »

Auriel, long dismounting her horse before investigating the scene, had walked carefully and quietly to the scene with the rest of their group, or as quiet as quiet could be. When the Minotaur appeared, she swiftly leaped to the right, firing the crossbow on instinct and following it with the sharpest bolt of fire she could muster in such a short notice.

Sweep to the left. fire the crossbow. Spend 50 fire mana shooting a shoddy bolt of quickly made fire.
The bolt hits the minotaur square in the shoulder, causing him to bellow in pain. After this wound, the minotaur angrily swings his axe, but Auriel's quick dodge evades it.
Seeing that this monstrosity has already made it to the group by now, I decide to extend the ground beneath my feet upwards in a spire about five or six meters made of the palace's floor. Making sure that I draw my falchion of course. Can't forget that.

Spend 75 Earth Mana making an elevated platform beneath my feet. Draw falchion.
The earth beneath Arthur's feet rises a meter as he draws his falchion from its sheath.
Draw pistol, spending 100 Mana to inspire terror.
Stuart draws his pistol, and as he does so inspires terror in the minotaur. The beast's eyes briefly light up in  terror before fading to a dull remnant of the anger before, but he is too stupid to run even from such numerous foes.
Spend 300 wind mana to give my mates a speed buff due to wind moving very quickly with their movements
The wind quickens Sheldon's speed, bringing him at the ready.

Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Long Live The !!sand pear wood throne!!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 07:42:37 pm »

((Wanted to boost Team speed not just me. ..))
pull out musket and shoot minotaurs leg

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »

Auriel, deciding enough was enough, glows briefly as the primal magikas flow outward from the tips of her palms into a very, very fast and deadly bolt of fire, powered by fire and thrown with air magicks, the bolt is searing hot for just a few seconds, a candle twice as bright for half the time, but all it needs was a few seconds to hit the Minotaur and deal the deathly wounds cinder and ash.
As an after thought she yells, "Watch out!"

50 Fire Mana, and 60 Air Mana in creating the searing bolt directed to the Minotaur.

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 11:47:31 pm »

I see everything going on and decide to jump off the platform and use a bit of Mana to boost myself into the Minotaur. I then stab at it repeatedly​.

Jump in towards the Minotaur. Spend 50 Air Mana to assist my jump to the Minotaur. Begin chopping at it with my Falchion.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.