Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: The Necromancers (8/8)[FULL!]  (Read 9219 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
The Necromancers (8/8)[FULL!]
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:47:36 pm »

Your master, Lahkmet the Eyeless One, was a lich of no mean talent. A surprisingly proactive teacher, as well, eager to share his secrets on life and death with his many apprentices. You are among those fortunates, able to bend flesh, bone, and spirits to your will with mere thought.

Unfortunately, a deadly attack by your master's old enemies forced your training to be cut short; along with his "life", such as it was. Before he was finally destroyed, however, he managed to send you and a handful of his other handpicked disciples into a small, secure demiplane of his own creation, which currently amounts to little more than a lesser corpse storage site that's definitely seen better days. With some time and effort, however, you may just be able to make use of it with your... unique talents. The world will yet learn to fear the dark powers of undeath!

Quote from: RTD Standard 1.0 ruleset
Simply post an action and I will roll for it, based on a scale of 1-6 in terms of success.
[1]: Critical failure. Your efforts only worsened your situation. Attempting to shoot at a target only to have the shot ricochet and strike an ally falls under this category.
[2]: Failure. You failed to achieve whatever action you attempted, though you may not have made things worse in the process.
[3]: Meager success. You may have progressed a little or saw something new, but usually nothing close to what you were hoping.
[4]: Success. You achieved your goal more or less in line with average expectations.
[5]: Epic success. You went above and beyond achieving your goal, and usually got very lucky, as well.
[6]: Overshot. You achieved your goal, but your efforts were so much that collateral damage or the creation of additional problems is likely; i.e, "You leap to attack the creature on the cliff ... sending you both flying off the edge!"

If at any time something threatens a player (i.e. being attacked), that player may make a roll to avoid the threat. Damage incurred or inflicted is also calculated by dice, though the rolls are reversed (lower rolls = higher damage). Certain abilities, items, and effects can influence the roll positively or negatively.

When you attack an enemy, you make an Attack roll to determine accuracy; the higher this roll, the better. If your attack lands, then the enemy makes a roll to determine how much damage it takes; the lower this roll, the more damage is taken. So having + bonuses to your damage rolls means that the enemy takes a penalty when they roll for damage; i.e, a +1 to damage from a weapon results in a -1 penalty on damage rolls for your target. Having + bonuses or - penalties to damage resistance affects a creature or object's rolls accordingly.
Quote from: RTD Advanced Rulings
For each action, any number of rolls may be made, as determined by the GM.
Primary causes for multiple rolls include, but are not limited to:
  • Actions explicitly composed of multiple actions
  • Actions that imply other actions that are not declared free
For every dodge roll, any number of additional rolls may be made, as determined by the circumstances, and any skills or special effects applied to the player.

If you post two turns worth of actions, they will be done in order:  The first happens on that given turn, and the second action will be carried out the following turn (assuming it still can be, or nothing changes to make it impossible). Players can use this to post directives for their character to follow automatically if they cannot be present to post an action for their next turn.
Quote from: RTD Extended 1.3 Rules
Each successive dodge roll during a turn, unless it is a dodge against the same object or character, will get a cumulative -1 penalty.

If you are Stunned, Dazed, or otherwise receive a temporary penalty to overall or individual rolls, this penalty lasts until your next action is resolved, and not through the whole turn.
If you receive a long-term effect that has the potential to alter itself, you get an Effect Resistance roll immediately after your action is resolved to determine the spread and consequences of the effect.
If you are Unconscious, whatever penalty you receive will be under Failguard -- it cannot reduce your roll score below 2, unless stated otherwise.
If you receive a mortal wound but are not killed outright, you need to pass a roll to dodge Death at the end of every turn. Only bad rolls here will provide penalties to survival rolls.

You can spend your turn to help another player achieve his goal. If your roll is higher, it is taken as the success roll for the action.
You can also spend your turn to botch another player's action. If your roll is higher, its opposite is taken as the success roll for the action.
In both cases, individual player rolls determine what happens to the players in the course of the action.

Playerlist: [8/8; FULL!]
Kevak
Xantalos
ziizo
Dustan Hache
Mallos
NRDL
ATHATH
7thOutpost

Pick a character like this:
Name:
Race: (You must have a living, breathing race with blood. Humans, elves, lizardmen, etc. If you want undead parts, you can get those later.)
Gender (if applicable):
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:09:26 pm by Xvareon »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancers (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:26:16 am »

Oh, fukkin yeah!

Name: Zal-hasar
Race: Lizardman (link just to give a general idea of appearance)
Gender: None really, but use male pronouns for the sake of convenience. It's not like it's going to matter come lichdom.

Would this be acceptable?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:17:31 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:01:55 am »

Name: Zu Rua
Race: Beastman
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:36:26 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 03:10:20 am »

Name: Zakir Varuk.
Race: Kitsune-Tsuki.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:05:12 pm by Kevak »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 03:46:25 am »

Name: Nix
Race: Human
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 05:09:47 am »

Name: Froza.
Race: baby blue dragon
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:12:56 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 07:22:05 am »

Name: Vaeran
Race: Human with traces of elven blood
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 07:30:58 am »

Name:Urist mcNecromancer
Race: dwarf
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 09:07:29 am »

Wow. Should've signed up last night. Another RTD gone by that I would've been interested in  :-\
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 09:09:45 am »

He didn't say first come first serve. You might have a chance. At the least you have waitlist.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 11:59:34 am »

Name: Zu Rua
Race: Beastman
Any specific kind of beastman? If not, I might just default you to a minotaur-ish template or something.
Name: Froza.
Race: baby dragon
Color/type of dragon? Black, white, blue, etc.? Any of those is pretty thematic for an evil dragon who dabbles in Necromancy. I'm just curious, mostly.

Anyway, I'm probably going to hold back on revealing any specific bonuses or penalties for races until the context of a situation would make it relevant. Cleaner to keep track of that way, and offers me more options with rolls.

Also, yeah, this isn't first-come-first-serve. I'll pick a handful of folks I like and kick things off from there. Permadeath will be in effect because I don't believe in "Ghost" mode, but you can circumvent this somewhat with the right abilities; you are Necromancers, after all! Waitlisted players will have the opportunity to join in after a "mainline" player kicks the bucket.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 12:08:02 pm »

Let's go with blue.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 12:10:10 pm »

Let's say....crow. I'll also change my name to Hannach Karoue
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 12:17:20 pm »

Name: Victor Superbia
Race: Black Dracon (humanoid dragon)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 12:26:55 pm »

Name: Xalatos Xueron
Race: SnakeMan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10