Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The Necromancers (8/8)[FULL!]  (Read 9439 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancers (7/7)
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 09:25:02 pm »

FAKE EDIT: Do I get a breath weapon since I am a black draconian? If I don't, is it possible I may eventually earn one?
Yep. Everyone around you has the potential for great feats of necromancy and dark magic overall. You can have a breath weapon, just be warned, I'll roll for how it manifests the moment you use it, and RNGesus is a fickle mistress.  ;)

Shouldn't it manifest in a way that fits my chromatic dragon kin? (black dragon)
Or do you mean whether it manifests in a way harmful to myself or not? Since black dragons breathe toxic clouds/acid in most RPGs.
harmful to myself
You aren't alone in the room, you know.  :D

And if you'd like acid breath, go ahead and roll for it. I agree it's perfectly thematic for black dragons.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2017, 09:31:42 pm »

absentmindedly pet Freza while exploring.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 09:31:56 pm »

You know what, screw it, I'm opening one more slot. I plan to run this RP minimalist-like, anyway, and the more I think about it, I do like the idea of the incutilis or w/e it is. Just probably not the Lord variety because those are supposed to be 600 pounds. You might work up to that, though. ^^
Yaaaaaaay!

Question: In the "ecology" section of the incutilis's description, it mentions this:
Spoiler: Spoilered for Length (click to show/hide)

However, the "Puppetmaster" ability in its actual statblock states:

Can I jab my tendrils into a random corpse and animate it, or can I only do that to living creatures? Perhaps I still need all of the body's vital organs and such in order to animate it/keep it animated?

Pick up a gravestone or other appropriate object if I'm able to (I have 15 STR but am tiny) and stick it through the fog-barrier, then pull it back. Did the item that I stuck out there change?

Investigate the pagoda.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 09:46:15 pm »

FAKE EDIT: Do I get a breath weapon since I am a black draconian? If I don't, is it possible I may eventually earn one?
Yep. Everyone around you has the potential for great feats of necromancy and dark magic overall. You can have a breath weapon, just be warned, I'll roll for how it manifests the moment you use it, and RNGesus is a fickle mistress.  ;)

Shouldn't it manifest in a way that fits my chromatic dragon kin? (black dragon)
Or do you mean whether it manifests in a way harmful to myself or not? Since black dragons breathe toxic clouds/acid in most RPGs.
harmful to myself
You aren't alone in the room, you know.  :D

And if you'd like acid breath, go ahead and roll for it. I agree it's perfectly thematic for black dragons.

Thanks for that, GM
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 09:48:46 pm »

Froza glares at the dwarf then searchs for corpses in the mausoleum.

"Stop that!"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 09:50:06 pm »

So I'm in??
No sig yet

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 10:13:28 pm »

"Sooo.. That happened."

"We need actual food. Too few minds to live off of at present and I am preetty sure most of you need solid food."

Zakir goes exploring, food and supplies are at the forefront, corpses and gear would be nice too.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancers (0/6)
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 11:22:48 pm »

Name: Gorgert
Race: 3/4 troll
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:25:17 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 01:46:26 am »

"Solid food would be nice."

Nix joins Zakir in searching for supplies.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 01:53:36 am »

"Ah, while you are searching for food see if you can find anything spoiled for myself. Us Black Dracons have... particular stomachs. We can only digest rotting food."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 02:18:44 am »

"Sooo.. That happened."

"We need actual food. Too few minds to live off of at present and I am preetty sure most of you need solid food."

Zakir goes exploring, food and supplies are at the forefront, corpses and gear would be nice too.
"I'm more concerned about our water and air supply."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 03:05:05 am »

"I am not worried about water. Six sets of emotions is enough for m- Oh wait. The lot of ya'll die without it. Scratch that. We should find water so you don't die and by proxy I don't die. Add water to the list."

"Air is also a worry. We can hope the entrance'll be open. From there the issue would be removing tainted air. Any o ya'll grasp aeromancy?"

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 03:18:54 am »

"I am not worried about water. Six sets of emotions is enough for m- Oh wait. The lot of ya'll die without it. Scratch that. We should find water so you don't die and by proxy I don't die. Add water to the list."

"Air is also a worry. We can hope the entrance'll be open. From there the issue would be removing tainted air. Any o ya'll grasp aeromancy?"

"None of us are magically skilled... that's why we served Lahkmet. A shot at controlling life and death. That's why I did it, anyway."

Victor puffs little black clouds out of his nose.

"Now, he isn't here- and the only one of us who has enough potential to succeed him is me. This is going to be trial after trial, isn't it?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 03:26:31 am »

"Just keep on believing that. Proper arrogance is annoyingly hard to teach food to feel. Difficult emotion to acquire."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 03:31:30 am »

"Just keep on believing that. Proper arrogance is annoyingly hard to teach food to feel. Difficult emotion to acquire."

"Arrogance? I'm trying to keep this as proper and pragmatic as possible; I am objectively better than the lot of you. You have your own abilities and uses, I'm sure, but I'm still fundamentally superior. Not a matter of opinion, but objective fact."

More smoke is flowing out of the dracon's nostrils than previously.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10