Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wanted: an emptier tavern  (Read 2883 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: an emptier tavern
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 12:33:57 pm »

I agree with Lozzymandias that taverns in themselves are fine: it's staffing them with poisoners and possibly allowing the neighbors in that causes trouble. Not having taverns leads to unfulfilled socialization needs, which isn't critical as dorfs do not tantrum without hard and persistent work to get them to do so (as far as I've read: I've never tried to achieve it and have never had a tantrum, apart from failed moods and a chained goblin).

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2017, 07:14:39 am »

never had a tantrum, apart from failed moods and a chained goblin.

I miss .34.11
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2017, 12:20:21 pm »

It is done! They were thirsty so i gave them something to drink. A lot to drink. It would appear there were no vampires among them...

If someone else was a bartender, and handed the vampire a drink, the vampire would apparently drink it, according to what I've read so far.... I've given up on taverns, myself. A meeting hall around a set of tables, with a mug stockpile and a booze stockpile, is enough for my dorfs.

I think you misinterpret what I mean by "lots to drink"

My map has aquifers. Vampires do many things but they don't drown, and the "lots to drink" plan was successful with no survivors.

I use taverns but i don't assign bartenders. My map is reanimating and unsupervised alcohol corpses tend to multiply.

Everyone is dead. -1000 dorf points

You have saved everyone from the threat of vampires. +2000 points.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 06:34:30 pm »

It is done! They were thirsty so i gave them something to drink. A lot to drink. It would appear there were no vampires among them...

If someone else was a bartender, and handed the vampire a drink, the vampire would apparently drink it, according to what I've read so far.... I've given up on taverns, myself. A meeting hall around a set of tables, with a mug stockpile and a booze stockpile, is enough for my dorfs.

I think you misinterpret what I mean by "lots to drink"

My map has aquifers. Vampires do many things but they don't drown, and the "lots to drink" plan was successful with no survivors.

I use taverns but i don't assign bartenders. My map is reanimating and unsupervised alcohol corpses tend to multiply.

Everyone is dead. -1000 dorf points

You have saved everyone from the threat of vampires. +2000 points.
I think you have a sign error on the first one :P
Pages: 1 2 [3]