Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Dungeon Race: Goria Thread (Need More Players!)  (Read 5338 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Race: Goria Thread (Need More Players!)
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2017, 10:42:00 pm »

Oh, so when I propose researching burrowing slimes, everyone ignores me, but when Tyrant Leviathan does it...

It's fine, I'm just trying to be comical.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:43:58 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2017, 10:52:31 pm »

What if we tried combing slime and the leather armor?  Cut the hide into small pieces and use the slime to bind it to the armor. Hopefully it would retain the durability of the leather while also allowing greater flexibility. 

Good idea, what if we used slimes to add a second layer of padding to our officer's ringmail?

Oh, so when I propose researching burrowing slimes, everyone ignores me, but when Tyrant Leviathan does it...

Oh, I hadn't realized you were the first to suggest it. Sorry 'bout that.  ;D

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2017, 10:59:43 pm »

I voted for you...
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2017, 12:17:27 am »

Yeah your idea was good. Only difference was the Slimes I have in mind have limbs. So they can be melee or star craft lurkers.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2017, 05:18:03 pm »

I Shall Now Join This Side!

Also for my suggestion, we should upgrade the Slime Wizards so instead of just throwing sticky slime at enemies, they can throw smaller slimes that then try to eat the people they landed on. You know, sometime in a future turn.

For now though...

+1 To Revise our Leather Armor.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2017, 05:20:37 pm »

Also to change appearance from borrow Slimes. Calling my Slimes. " Predator" Slimes.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2017, 01:18:36 am »

[9] Revised Armor

For some reason you feel as if you have been frozen in time. A thick layer of dust coats you and your fellow summoners. One summoner happened to be speaking and it seems as if a spider built a nest in his mouth halfway through his word. Rather unpleasant for them. Rather stunned at this random hiccup in time, you decide not to think about it too hard, as the more you do, the more your head begins to hurt due to the incomprehensible nature of time. Vowing not to dwell on this inexplicable anomaly, you resume working on revising your armor.

After a few rather awkward attempts at fixing your boxlike armor, you manage to make it actual human shape. Its nothing particularly flashy or stylish, but it does get the job done. It no longer hinders movement or has sharp edges. The process of creating the armor is slightly simplified as well, not enough to make it any cheaper, but it does make up for the added steps required to make it actual armor instead of hard leather boxes.

I'm implementing an experimental additional phase: The Strategy Phase.

Basically during this phase you decide which units will go to each theater. Furthermore, this will be the time for you to give any orders/strategies that you'd like to use in that theater. Order rules are changing a little bit due to this. They will get two effectiveness rolls, and will take the average of the two, plus a modifier based on how reasonable I think it is (so an order like "use our archers/[inert ranged unit here] to take our supporting troops" would probably get +2 to +3 because its a simple strategy, but an order like "have our soldiers use their weapons to break shit and litter the battlefield with debris" likely would get a -1 or something like that). I'm still a little iffy on this bit, especially the orders section, but I really wanted to give the players the ability to strategize their actual combat instead of me just doing it for you. So we're gonna give it a go for a turn or two and see if you all like it, or if we should not fix-what-isn't-broken.

It is now the Strategy Phase.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:41:07 am by Roboson »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2017, 11:17:11 am »

Someone ke our ice dragon boss to do something would be nice.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2017, 11:47:23 am »

Have the brick slimes form up into a wall and attach leather shields to the face facing the enemies for some extra defense.  Use the moving wall as mobile cover in order to block against Vunico exploding crossbow bolts.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2017, 12:01:19 pm »

I approve of the above

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2017, 01:33:26 pm »

This is what the other side set up for this phase and so if you're interested in filling this out for the strategy phase that's fine. Otherwise I'll do it for you like I normally do during the combat phase. The reasoning section is extra optional.

Quote from: 10ebbor10
As far as I understand, we're supposed to be making attack plans, and deciding what troops should go where.

The Boiler Room
Cheap :
Expensive :
Very Expensive :
National effort : 

Reasoning :

The Expanse
Cheap :
Expensive :
Very Expensive :
National effort :

Reasoning :

The Mushroom caverns
Cheap :
Expensive :
Very Expensive :
National effort :

Reason:

Frozen tunnels.
Cheap :
Expensive :
Very Expensive :
National effort :

Reason:

Orders:
I removed their responses, for obvious reasons, but thats pretty on point for the sort of thing I'd be looking for. Not sure if I'm going to do this phase again however.

Also, don't forget:
Strange glowing symbols have appeared in the expanse. They are on the walls, the floor, and some even float midair. It seems some long forgotten artifact is activating in the Expanse next year. You have no idea what it means, but some of the symbols are similar to those you found in your notes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2017, 02:07:15 pm »

Nah, you can do it as normal. Or at least, that's my vote.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2017, 05:59:17 pm »

The Boiler Room
Cheap : Infantry Troops+ Improvised Leather Armor, Kamikaze Wyrmlings, Slime Knights
Expensive : Dragalos, Military Officers, Flying Slimes
Very Expensive : Slime Wizards
National effort : N/A

Reasoning: Mobilize the Ice Wyrm to a more contested region. Swarms of infantry with improvised leather armor and military officers provide bulk of the forces. Slime Wizards and Kamikaze Wyrmlings provide ranged support, with the Kamikaze dragons also providing infantry clearing powers through icicle explosions. Slime Knights also bring mobility and flanking.

The Expanse
Cheap : Infantry Troops+Improvised Leather Armor, Kamikaze Wyrmlings, Brick Slimes, Slime Knights
Expensive : Dragalos, Miltary Officers, Elephant Slimes, Flying Slimes
Very Expensive : Slime Wizards
National effort : Ice Wyrm

Reasoning : The Demon Lord is a very fierce enemy, I expect them to add new demons to their arsenal. I really think we're going to need our Ice Wyrm their so we don't get overrun. Also Brick Slimes and Elephant Slimes will provide tanking for the bulk of the forces. The area is also pretty open for the Slime Knights and Flying Slimes

The Mushroom caverns
Cheap : Infantry Troops+Improvised Leather Armor, Kamikaze Wyrmlings, Brick Slimes.
Expensive : Dragalos, Military Officers, Elephant Slimes, Flying Slimes
Very Expensive : Wizard Slimes

Reason: Dragalos can still provide support here, its really a fight of numbers here. Elephant Slimes and Brick Slimes provides cover for the bulk of the infantry. Range support through skirmishes here is also needed through our slime wizards and kamikaze wyrmlings. I expect no progress made here, maybe even losing ground.

Frozen tunnels.
Cheap : Infantry Troops+Improvised Leather Armor, Kamikaze Wyrmlings.
Expensive : Military Officers, Elephant Slimes, Flying Slimes
Very Expensive : Wizard Slimes

Reasoning: Ice Wyrmlings are at home in this area. Elephant Slimes are our greatest asset here and they should be more focused in this combat zone. Also Flying Slimes are needed counteract those mechanical spiders.

Orders:
-Mobilize the Ice Wyrm Mother where the Demon Lord is, we need more contention against the scary demons their.
-Have brick slimes support Elephant Slimes against their flame bolts from their crossbows, the brick slimes can still give a minor defensive boon for the infantry as well.
Is this what your looking for in strategy phase?.

Edit
Spoiler: Innovations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 07:34:33 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]