Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mortal Dwarf  (Read 7366 times)

pumicolas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mortal Dwarf
« on: March 23, 2017, 11:53:17 am »

What are your favorite "finish him/her/whatever they are" in the game? (enemy stunned or passed out)
I like scratch the throat and leave the target bleed to death.
If I can, I kick the target in the head to make it explode (can only do this against kobolds right now)

But I want to hear your flashy and brutal fatalities (to ensure you get the kill, so your companions doesn't steal the kill)

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 02:10:34 pm »

doing the "controlled throw" (jumping at an enemy right before you grab at them so they fly off) and flinging them off into the night as they fall down
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Tyjid

• Bay Watcher
  • I once killed myself on a carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 05:20:22 pm »

I cut off their hands/feet/stumps and then let them bleed out from their various wounds
I'm not sure being slapped around by a slab of metal on a lever being bad for your spine is the game's worst sin on the realism front.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 05:40:01 pm »

Honestly? I try to get most adventure mode battles finished as soon as possible by sneaking and aiming for the head or neck with an iron axe. If the enemy has already seen me though, I usually try to aim for whatever hands are holding its weapons. Things get more complicated when playing as a vampire though, because of the fact that vampires need to feed off of unconscious victims. As a vampire, I typically try to train wrestling so I can choke out opponents. Maybe I think this stuff through too much, but I am a tactician at heart.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 08:42:41 pm »

Destroy the eyes then drink the blood because i'm a bit thirsty  :P
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 06:20:59 am »

I generally just slash the throat, because it's guaranteed death when the strike hits. With headshots, you can be there for ages before you get through the skull. I tend to keep around an axe or spear. I'm not big into drawing out deaths, as it just increases the chance for a sniper to get you or a companion to steal your kill.

There are exceptions to this. I once found a master so powerful, he one shot killed 4 of my adventurers with a spear to the head. I made an adventurer just to kill him, and trained for several IRL days. When I finally found him and killed all of his goons, I crippled him by piercing the motor nerves of his right foot, and then disabling his hands and eyes. Every adventurer I had from that point onwards paid him a visit and took several parts. He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 06:40:54 am »

I currently do kisat dur adventurers because they are op and I just finish everyone with my bare fist. I finish them off by either punching, wrestling, kicking or biting them to death just to improve my martial arts.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 05:33:37 pm »

Sword to the head. If it kills them, great. If it just breaks their spine, autoattack until they die. Training!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 05:54:43 pm »

I remember a low-level adventurer I had who killed goblins by running straight up behind them full sprint while sneaking then slashing the necks with a silver halberd.

Gotta get those grim reaper vibes.

I remember one time an axeman of mine killed someone by slashing their chest open, grabbing their heart, and squeezing.
One wheel short of a wagon

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 06:14:42 pm »

1. You can interact with a minecart more often the faster you're running.
2. You can jump out of a minecart and, as long as you don't land in the minecart's path, not die.
3. Minecart collisions can happen at speeds high enough that people explode.

MINECARTALITY

I.M. Err0r

• Bay Watcher
  • Keas are just misunderstood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 02:40:59 am »

1. Slice the victim's lower body with a sword or axe to spill their guts.
2. Target the now exposed guts to cut them out entirely.
3. Wait for the victim bleed out.

What's funny is that the message usually says that "The (unfortunate creature) looks sick!"  Yeah, i'd be pretty sick too if someone suddenly surgically removed my intestines with a battle axe.

For bonus points, pick up the severed guts and throw them at the victim.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 12:22:23 pm »

Beat them in the head with their own severed arm until it caves in.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 02:12:33 pm »

doing the "controlled throw" (jumping at an enemy right before you grab at them so they fly off) and flinging them off into the night as they fall down

I did a bit of testing in arena mode with this, and kobolds can send humans flying with this technique. It's insane.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 04:45:42 am »

Damaging their weapon arm so they drop whatever they're wielding, then cave their skulls in with it.

Alternatively, simply slashing repeatedly at the upper body until it's either cloven asunder or they bleed to death.

Beat them in the head with their own severed arm until it caves in.
That's also fun - I once jammed a wild pygmy's severed leg into their own torso.

Gamerguy247365

• Bay Watcher
  • Is it not yet apparent I'm an an idiot?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 05:35:07 am »

The last few goblins I've killed I removed the feet then hands, blinded them, then cut them in half.
Well then, its would appear I've died.

GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: [1] 2 3