Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing companions  (Read 1597 times)

Duriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Missing companions
« on: June 19, 2017, 01:43:17 pm »

I started playing DF again recently, and so far have been enjoying adventure mode. However, after I chased down a bandit, I had outrun my companions, and they are not listed in the companions menu anymore. They are definitely still alive, but I have not been able to locate them at all. The townspeople in my current location say that they are in the town somewhere, but they "don't know where to look". ??? I asked someone to guide me to my companions (mostly because I would be constantly harassed by bandits while I try to sleep), but he's just as unhelpful in finding my missing companions as the townspeople. I put up a save if anyone wishes to help me find the disappeared companions. :'(

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12974

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up teleporting underground somehow.
An invisible lurker.

I have a YouTube channel!

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
Re: Missing companions
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:03:57 pm »

Usually, on the map screen, left behind dwarves will have an * on the map following you, if they aren't there, chances are they actually died offscreen. If they live, then sleeping actually helps as a dwarf managed to chase across an entire ocean just to reach my adventurer, but they can die off screen if they ran off.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Duriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missing companions
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 11:55:19 pm »

Usually, on the map screen, left behind dwarves will have an * on the map following you, if they aren't there, chances are they actually died offscreen. If they live, then sleeping actually helps as a dwarf managed to chase across an entire ocean just to reach my adventurer, but they can die off screen if they ran off.

That's what I thought would happen, but I found if I leave them behind in a town, they would stay in that town and not try to follow me for whatever reason. I had this happen previously, and that time they were relatively close to housing, so they were easier to find.

I also already confirmed they are definitely alive (made a backup, retired the adventurer and checked legends to see whether they are alive at all). I have also slept in a mead hall multiple times already, and they still won't show up.

Also, they're humans. :P Not that it matters, really.
An invisible lurker.

I have a YouTube channel!