Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mortal Dwarf  (Read 7367 times)

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal Dwarf
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 12:51:43 am »

Im a fan of cleaving heads asunder myself - love the image of a head, cloven right down the middle with chips of bone flying forward, the brain in two pieces and the ragged, torn flesh that used to knit together into a face, the missing teeth and the blood, oh the blood... simple, tactically viable, and brutal as all hell. When im fighting, i tend to stab the guts many, many, many, many, many, many, many times. So they are usually disembowelled as well. And yes, i am a fan of DOOM, why do you ask?

For cruelty, i like to slowly punish my victem - sneak up while they sleep, cut off a hand and run. Return later, remove other hand. Then left foot. Then right foot. Then i save, backup my data, and reload attacks to the head until i get non-lethal attacks to hit the eyes or teeth. I did that to an elf who i hated once. The real clincher is that, once they are blind, hobbled, handless and missing teeth, you leave them to live out their worthless life - if you can call it living.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
----------------------------------
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 07:23:27 am »

Im a fan of cleaving heads asunder myself - love the image of a head, cloven right down the middle with chips of bone flying forward, the brain in two pieces and the ragged, torn flesh that used to knit together into a face, the missing teeth and the blood, oh the blood... simple, tactically viable, and brutal as all hell. When im fighting, i tend to stab the guts many, many, many, many, many, many, many times. So they are usually disembowelled as well. And yes, i am a fan of DOOM, why do you ask?

For cruelty, i like to slowly punish my victem - sneak up while they sleep, cut off a hand and run. Return later, remove other hand. Then left foot. Then right foot. Then i save, backup my data, and reload attacks to the head until i get non-lethal attacks to hit the eyes or teeth. I did that to an elf who i hated once. The real clincher is that, once they are blind, hobbled, handless and missing teeth, you leave them to live out their worthless life - if you can call it living.
Amm you can punch out the teeth and wrestle-gouge the eyes.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 02:49:45 pm »

I often find myself opening a fight against night creatures with a grab to their head, followed by poking their eyes out, and then tossing them to the side. Doesn't usually kill them, but it does severely cripple their high accuracy. Now, if I were to pick favorites...

doing the "controlled throw" (jumping at an enemy right before you grab at them so they fly off) and flinging them off into the night as they fall down

Mostly this. But, I more prefer chasing and "bouncing" on (ie repeating a controlled throw against) a hurled victim before they can even recover from their flight. It's, appropriately enough, akin to doing a fighting game air combo.

A close second would be falsely retreating to higher ground against a flying/climbing opponent, disabling their respective limb, and watching them go splat. Perfect for especially irksome night creatures and HFS.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 08:04:17 pm »

Mostly this. But, I more prefer chasing and "bouncing" on (ie repeating a controlled throw against) a hurled victim before they can even recover from their flight. It's, appropriately enough, akin to doing a fighting game air combo.
I really wish you could hit them while they're in the air.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 11:33:50 pm »

I really wish you could hit them while they're in the air.

I remember one time I jumped into a guy. While he was flying I took down one guy with a punch, than second guy with another punch. Wrestled away a hammer from another guy, threw it at the flying guy, who just landed, and killed him. Took down the last guy with my instrument.
I love Dwarf Fortress.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

uristjack

• Bay Watcher
  • The God-Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 05:46:31 am »

I'm personally rather cruel, I'm afraid.

I'll choke them out, then cut off their fingers and toes one-by-one.

Usually, they bleed out :( by the time I get to their fourth fingers...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 07:14:31 pm »

I usually like to implant my sword into their head, pull it out, and then triumphantly enjoy the fountain of blood.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 10:59:16 pm »

Wild great axe attack to the dome. Often powerful enough to kill unarmored opponnents in one blow either by cracking the skull open or knocking the head clean off.
Either that or biting the enemies throat out which is slow messy and demoralizing

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 01:17:25 am »

Usually my adventurers get so powerful that I just sever the heads of any creature that decides to fight me.
However if I'm feeling particularly vengeful, I'll gouge out the eyes of the creature, steal all of their clothes, break their arms and legs with wrestling, then slice their throat, and if I'm feeling even MORE vengeful, I'll go find their family members and kill them too, usually less painfully though.

But that very rarely happens.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 08:02:20 am »

If you play as a rhinoman as I usually do, a swift kick to someone's head when they are on the ground ALWAYS collapses their skull, almost no matter what type of creature they are. They are also somewhat impervious to arrows, usually only taking bruises from them.

BlackBronze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 11:43:51 am »

One of my most common kills involves having the enemy chase me around a tree/pillar so that I can slice their head of from behind. And then there's forcing enemies to dodge backwards into the massive pit commonly found in pre-generated fortresses. I like going for easy kills, but I typically lack the common sense to go after weak enemies first, so I always resort to cheap maneuvers

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2017, 05:12:15 pm »

I always initiate an attack on the right foot, which is almost always 'o' on the menu. So they fall over.

Then I hit the lower body until they become nausated.

Then like others I'm a fan of heavy kicks to the head or neck.

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 04:50:54 am »

I like punching my victims into the teeth, to throw them back it in victim's faces. Not exactly that deadly, but good enough for me. Occasionaly, i use bitten off fingers instead of teeth, while the victim is bleeding out.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2017, 05:26:41 am »

Stomp their upper body until it literally explodes.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

TheVulture

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently on a strict diet of dwarves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 11:47:04 pm »

i usually run an archer so there's no need to torture an oponent, however if they spot me or if i run out of ammo i wait until they attack me to catch their weapons in mid-attack, then "gently and nicely" punch them in the face till they drop and/or use their own weapons against them, the best part is that i get skill in almost every weapon.
"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a King of an infinite space"
Pages: 1 [2] 3