Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Splitfates and the Microcline Tower.  (Read 632 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Splitfates and the Microcline Tower.
« on: March 23, 2017, 06:30:00 pm »

I started this little adventure as a duplicate fortress with my brother. We spawned on an evil swamp with a tiny bit of normal, not evil at all beach we could butcher animals on. I started posting this story as it was written in the What's Going On In Your Fort? thread, but I have decided to move it to its own thread. Here's the story so far.

Rough start trying to get everything inside while dodging undead, but we got a good setup inside. The outside is where the semi-mega project is being made, a massive microcline tower which will reach the highest z-level on the map.

Currently, here is the entrance:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An explanation of what is going on is in order. First things first, the second story has been completed, and the third story is being built as we speak. I plan on fortifying the second story's walls so the marksdwarves can fire on enemies from above.

As the second order of business, the random microcline floors leading from the ocean to the pit is a path of channels I used to lead water from the ocean to the pit. I didn't want anyone else dodging into it and drowning. And by anyone else, I do mean anyone else.

A random undead barn owl attacked and managed to get that poor soul to dodge into the water. He's not gonna reanimate though, because he's directly under the beach. I do have to worry about his wife and kids tantruming though, so that's a bummer.

Back to the first image, I am deconstructing those walls there so I can make the bridge entirely cover the water. I can't do all of it yet because I am expecting another caravan soon, and I don't want them to not have a path inside. But I'm just getting it set up.

Here are the current fortress stats too. It isn't too big yet, but luckily I don't have to worry about goblins any time soon because of the fact that I'm in the middle of the ocean.

Oh well. I'll give you another update when more interesting things happen.