Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gor - The Pit  (Read 1459 times)

SteelZsar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Gor - The Pit
« on: March 24, 2017, 04:41:40 am »

So I decided to start a major project, dig a fifty by fifty hole from surface to magma next to a river. Then re-direct the river to flood the magma sea. Then I thought it might make an interesting story. We shall see how this goes...

From the Diary of Id Rulushdegel
Initial Record
I have received permission from the royal court. After working for so long, building a reputation as a polymath and developing technique after technique it's finally come to fruition. My very own site, not just any site mind. Any geographer worth their salt might just settle for some marble and iron and call it a day.

No, there is no ambition in that. After presenting my plan, arguing for it's value and the cost of the resources, assuring my benefactors that there would be a pay off greater than any that had come before and gaining the permission of the court of Barons, it's finally time for my project.

I intend to flood the magma sea.

I understand this to sound like madness at first, I've had to explain carefully to each and every stakeholder the very same thing. With the right site and the appropriate strategy, it can be done. It's the very reason that I have chosen to write down my very thoughts so this can be compiled for histories sake. This will be like no other pit dug to the magma sea (an achievement, yes but not uncommon among the dwarfs) nor is it the first time water has been introduced (a greater achievement, certainly but still within the realms of current thinking.) No, I intend to flood the magma sea at a scale hitherto never seen before. To redirect a river to it's very core.

This undertaking will be the greatest of Dwarf engineering feats, one no other will match or best. This will be my legacy.

With the money in hand I sought out a tavern, this is the first time I have been able to have my fill of food for a long time. The life of a scholar is one that is perhaps not as filling as one might think. Then with the remainder in hand I found six willing volunteers, it would seem that there is a long list of Dwarfs willing to strike out from their homelands. Then, after securing cart, oxen and tools we set off. A predetermined site has been located and the adventure begins.

I shall attempt to keep this diary updated seasonally. Between my duties overseeing this great project, it might prove tricky but I will endure.

This cannot fail.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Gor - The Pit
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:51:30 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 10:19:39 am »

Hohoo ! I like it already :)
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 12:43:00 pm »

Whelp, I'm interested, PTW
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 06:58:46 pm »

PTW! Let's do it.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 02:33:52 pm »

May I be one of the miners?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."