Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: gobbos or kobolds wont come (42.06)  (Read 568 times)

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
gobbos or kobolds wont come (42.06)
« on: March 24, 2017, 04:47:37 am »

i'm kinda perplexed, I been tryin to figure out why I never see any goblins or kobolds

I still see forgotten beasts

I checked map, there is goblins in area

I have tampered with some of the raw/objects/enity_default.txt

I doule checked and I put back in ambusher for goblins and whatnot, but still(after now world creation) do not get any ambushes or sieges

you all know of anything that could be doing this in those files, or mayby somewhere else?

btw playin 42.06 as that's the only one that the newest and I can get Dwarf Therapist to work on

any ideas or whatnot where I should look?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: gobbos or kobolds wont come (42.06)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:52:24 am »

Tis not a glitch, it's the fact that the sieges are real now, now historyless blobs sent at you with no thought about where they came from or if they could reach you at all.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:09:36 am »

That and unless you changed the siege triggers, goblins won't come until you pass population 80. Wealth triggers are disabled by default. Check their setting in entity_default.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:12:54 am by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 06:21:35 am »

They are probably busy fighting other people (humans/elves/other dwarf civs, sometimes other goblins) if they lose badly then they can't get the forces out to attack you.

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 11:32:57 am »

thanks for the info

is there any way to tell if A. the gobbos or kboldies have been wiped out while I am running my outpost?

what about the baby snatchers and the ambushes as I did settle in a place where there is a goblin prescence.

any sure fire way to get them to show up to the "party" (besides what's already been stated)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 11:44:40 am »

thanks for the info

is there any way to tell if A. the gobbos or kboldies have been wiped out while I am running my outpost?

what about the baby snatchers and the ambushes as I did settle in a place where there is a goblin prescence.

any sure fire way to get them to show up to the "party" (besides what's already been stated)

Embarking directly on top of them is one. Suicidal, in both life and FPS, but hilarious as you'll get to see utter chaos for a few short minutes, or long hours, depending on how good of a PC you have.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.