Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fallout Equestria (0.3c) for 43.05  (Read 4320 times)

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fallout Equestria (0.3c) for 43.05
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:52:10 pm »

Hello all!

I've been annoyed waiting for an update that isn't coming, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and port Fallout Equestria to 43.05. Here's a link to the original thread with all the guides: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.0

Currently, I've added in all the new items and jobs, added in all the new trees and minerals, fixed the scrap so it no longer spawns as large trees complete with scrap leaves, added five new instruments (trumpet, piano, guitar, flute, drum), and some other behind the scenes fixes.

However, I've run into some issues; I can't get new creatures like Pegasi to spawn. The code is already in this version, but for some reason, they won't spawn. Additionally, I can't get procedural instruments to work either, but I've also added manual instruments so it's probably okay for now.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12783

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria (0.3c) for 43.05
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 07:30:04 am »

Hey! That's great, honestly. Never thought I'd see another revival of the mod. Hopefully it'll all end up working! I can't give it a run now, but I'll give it a go later today(hopefully) and letcha know if it breaks horribly.

Senteth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 10:48:24 pm »

Interesting, will keep an eye on this. Unfortunately I probably won't be much help in tracking down bugs due to the fact that I'm both new to the original mod and hopelessly out of date with Dwarf Fortress itself. (coming back after a looong hiatus)

jele155

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 12:00:26 pm »

Works very well so far, color me impressed
Although i have to ask, are the earth ponies supposed to have wings? That's a bit odd

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 11:29:40 pm »

Works very well so far, color me impressed
Although i have to ask, are the earth ponies supposed to have wings? That's a bit odd

Wait, you got them to appear with wings? That's something I need to hear about. Can you send screenshots? I tried to implement Dashites, but it didn't work I though.

jele155

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 02:33:09 am »

Here, http://imgur.com/a/ehKCb

I haven't modified any of the games files apart from the INI
I'm not sure whether they actually fly or not

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 10:14:22 pm »

Here, http://imgur.com/a/ehKCb

I haven't modified any of the games files apart from the INI
I'm not sure whether they actually fly or not

Awesome, this is exactly what I needed to see. Now I know where to start looking for the problem. Thanks a ton dude.

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 10:08:51 am »

Nice to see this mod is getting a little bit of attention, it was left in a decent state the last time but it was getting a little old.

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 09:10:43 am »

I decided to play some DF after a long pause, and my favorite mod ever gets a revival? Sweet!
This day going to be perfect!

jele155

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 10:25:09 am »

Any progress? Don't mean to rush you, just curious

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 08:30:08 am »

Wow, nice work! I've been wanting to get back to do this for the longest time, even have a half-finished version, but nice to see someone else is interested!

However, I've run into some issues; I can't get new creatures like Pegasi to spawn. The code is already in this version, but for some reason, they won't spawn.
I haven't checked your version, but in the original one the pegasi were set to be DOES_NOT_EXIST, so they would show up in pictures and the like but not actually physically, cos they were all in the sky and Enclave content hasn't been done yet.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:48:36 am by UnicodingUnicorn »
I do stuff, I guess

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 11:17:25 pm »

Any progress? Don't mean to rush you, just curious

Sorry, I've been busy with work and getting ready for the school year, so I haven't gotten any further.

Wow, nice work! I've been wanting to get back to do this for the longest time, even have a half-finished version, but nice to see someone else is interested!

However, I've run into some issues; I can't get new creatures like Pegasi to spawn. The code is already in this version, but for some reason, they won't spawn.
I haven't checked your version, but in the original one the pegasi were set to be DOES_NOT_EXIST, so they would show up in pictures and the like but not actually physically, cos they were all in the sky and Enclave content hasn't been done yet.

Weird. I'll have to check that as well then when I get around to fixing this version further.

jele155

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 11:10:02 pm »

No pressure man, i know how tiring modding can be