Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Archmage: The Blood of Magic  (Read 13130 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage: The Blood of Magic
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2017, 06:22:11 pm »

Sadly, converting outsiders into thralls while splicing magic potential into them won't really work for me. If void-wrongthings eat my mind, minions probably get corrupted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2017, 06:25:07 pm »

Fair point, but you're best not barking up this tree :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2017, 06:34:27 pm »

If two Archmage decide to reproduce, than which family is the child decided on? Is it going to be alternating?
Also if I'm correct after I'm done getting my base power to 4(+2 from artifact) than I can start researching a spell with power 6?

Permanent Enchantment Theory: Develop a magical theory on how to establish permanent enchantments onto living and inanimate things, whether it is to give sentience to an inanimate object or to give a holy buff to a soldier. Switch from researching this spell to learning a already known spell
Spoiler: Hatio's Legacy (click to show/hide)
My life is dangerous, and I'm going to get started on that dynasty immediately. Anyone want to swap kids around each year? I'll take the first year, since my magic would be less useful for this first challenge anyway.

Roboson: If you're willing to give Laser Beam away, I'd like to learn it so I can do something useful during the first challenge.
I can do this child sharing thing, if you spend one of your free turns creating a kid than sure.

Edited: Year 7-8 anyone can get Earth Elemental lessons from me
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:51:38 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2017, 06:37:31 pm »

I think the power level is only needed for casting, not researching.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2017, 06:50:26 pm »

attempt to form a theory of magical efficiency to make our casting quicker and less taxing on us for three years, then build a fort around the site of the seal/rift so that it can be guarded against inside and outside assault for the rest

Edit: Teach the other archmages who want to learn the barrier spell for three years, after trying to form my theory.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:42:19 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2017, 07:32:30 pm »

House Lucio humbly requests that House Tridian share their knowledge of Conjure Barrier. Archmage Antonius believes it would be a natural pair to his Spirit Wall.

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2017, 07:35:11 pm »

Archage Lumier spends the next few years doing things in the following order:
1) Work to help build a great house for the arch mages around the riff mostly using my laser to cut large stone blocks and timbers.
2-3 Research how to make a shield of solid light
4-9) Dungeon crawl and fight in any wars that are going on at the tim

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2017, 07:40:22 pm »

Archage Lumier spends the next few years doing things in the following order:
1) Work to help build a great house for the arch mages around the riff mostly using my laser to cut large stone blocks and timbers.
2-3 Research how to make a shield of solid light
4-9) Dungeon crawl and fight in any wars that are going on at the tim
why not just learn my spell? I am willing to teach it to you, I just need some time to do so.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2017, 07:43:57 pm »

I'd be fine with that. How about in the third year?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2017, 07:46:27 pm »

I'd be fine with that. How about in the third year?
I intend to spend three years forming a theory of efficiency. I'd be happy to teach on the fourth through the sixth.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 08:02:43 pm »

That would be fine with me.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2017, 08:07:45 pm »

why not just learn my spell? I am willing to teach it to you, I just need some time to do so.
May I join in on those lessons? It might be useful beyond the rift.

Spoiler: Rennin Turn (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2017, 08:19:24 pm »

So, it takes half a year to teach each other one of our basic spells, right? If that's the case, I might spend half a year learning Conjure Barrier and the other learning Summon Earth Elemental. Would that be acceptable to you guys, Dustan and Shadowclaw?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2017, 08:37:40 pm »

So, it takes half a year to teach each other one of our basic spells, right? If that's the case, I might spend half a year learning Conjure Barrier and the other learning Summon Earth Elemental. Would that be acceptable to you guys, Dustan and Shadowclaw?
it takes a year and half to learn our current spells, their all power 3, which divided by 2 means it's 1.5 years. I'll spend two of my years instead of starting researching my new spell for anyone wanting to learn my spell. I'm doing the first 6 years to beef up my character to the most effective magic skill.

Edited: Also to anyone not producing heirs, their is no drawback except for the decade you got to spend babysitting them. Producing a heir is a free action, so to everyone I would suggest reproducing on year 9. Let me guess their going to be a dedicated wizard to babysitting...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:53:29 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2017, 09:45:09 pm »

Damn, I thought they were all power level one. Alright, that changes some things. Would you be opposed to spending years 6-9 exchanging spells? I feel like our spells could work very well together.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12