Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Archmage: The Blood of Magic  (Read 13123 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage: The Blood of Magic
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2017, 09:47:24 pm »

Damn, I thought they were all power level one. Alright, that changes some things. Would you be opposed to spending years 6-9 exchanging spells? I feel like our spells could work very well together.
Sure, I'd suggest on also creating a heir on year 9
Edited: It doesn't have to be another PC, you can just reproduce with a NPC
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:08:45 am by Shadowclaw777 »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2017, 10:35:25 pm »

Too bad we're both dudes -_-

One last thing before I make my turn.
@Kashyyk, at their current power level, will my walls be semi-permanent, or do I need to concentrate to keep them up?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2017, 02:04:49 am »

Quote from: Taricus
Casting spells is effectively instantaneous right?
During these types of turn, yes. During a crisis casting time may be important.

Quote from: shadowclaw
If two Archmage decide to reproduce, than which family is the child decided on? Is it going to be alternating?
That's entirely up to the players involved.

Quote from: shadowclaw
Also if I'm correct after I'm done getting my base power to 4(+2 from artifact) than I can start researching a spell with power 6?
You don't actually need to be powerful enough to cast the spell in order to research it. You do however, in order to teach or learn it.

Quote from: S34N1C
@Kashyyk, at their current power level, will my walls be semi-permanent, or do I need to concentrate to keep them up? 
They are  pretty much "fire-and-forget" lasting a few hours if left alone. If they get put under stress,  such as by sometime trying to get through,  their duration will reduce slightly. Repeated attempts to break through will eventually drop the remaining duration to zero.

I'm on my phone at the moment, but once I've got a computer I'll do a write up of your existing spells, and your proposed ones.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2017, 02:50:07 am »

So, to be clear, if you are taking care of children, you cannot do anything else?
Long Live United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2017, 02:56:37 am »

So, to be clear, if you are taking care of children, you cannot do anything else?
To add to that can a NPC (like let's say your Significant Other, who you had your offspring with), can't take care of them right? Also can one person take care of multiple children, if so what's the maximum they could take care of?. Finally, let me just assume it's a bad idea to not be spending your time to care for your newborn (Maybe you can hire someone else to do that, while your doing anything else, don't know) Ignore this, should of read on taking care of magical children rules before posting this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 03:07:26 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2017, 06:10:46 am »

Correct. Magical children occasionally generate random bursts of magic, especially when emotional or stressed. This is too much for a non-magical babysitter to manage, and as is to distracting for a mage to do anything else whilst minding them.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2017, 06:59:43 am »

My civil works will take the form of helping out the local prison and/or just making sure people don't go in restricted areas.
Spoiler: Lucio (click to show/hide)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2017, 07:56:12 am »

Well then. I'd be willing to split the upbringing of two kids with someone; I could spend the first 5 years taking care of them, then hand them over for the next 5.
Gotta get those heirs, you know?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2017, 02:02:56 pm »

Okay, this is what I've got for each of you so far:

Spoiler: Sara Galliene (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leotherm Hatio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Count Tridian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lewis Lumiere (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raellius Rennin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Antonius Lucio (click to show/hide)

Below are the specifics of the spells you are developing the turn. If it's not what you meant, let me know and we'll fix it. The spells you already know have also been added to the first page.

Quote from: Vampirism, Greater (5)
[Moderate Sacrifice][Ritual Cast] At the cost of five pints of blood from another mortal, the subject will have the effects of ageing reduced to one tenth the natural rate. Additionally, they will appear more youthful, feel more energetic and have a generally improved constitution. The effects will last for one month.
Quote from: Efficient Spell Slots (3)
[Meta-Magic][Theory] A mage may combine two lower level spell slots to create an additional spell slot one level above. A mage can not use this technique to cast a spell of a higher power level than their own.
Quote from: Proto-Projection (1)
[Ritual Cast] A training spell, allowing the user a safe position to practice casting spells whilst astraly projecting.
Quote from: Void Knife (3)
[Melee][Short Cast][Spirit] A very short range spell, designed to harm riftbeasts and disrupt the soul.
Quote from: Long Lasting Wall (2)
[Ritual Cast][Warding] Bolsters a wall, barrier or other defence, be it physical or magical, increasing its resistance to attack and the ravage of time

Thirdly, spell slots and casting. In situations where it actually matters (such as certain crisis') you will be required to allocate spells to your D'n'D style spell slots. Each mage has one spell slot of their level, two of the level below, three of the level below that, etc. To have a spell available, it must be in a slot of equal or greater power. You can choose the same spell multiple times if you have the slots for it. Whilst this is not quite as literal as having only one use per spell slot, it is a good guide to follow. Various spells have tags associated with them, hopefully self-explanatory, but feel free to ask questions if you are unsure.

Finally, Nuke: I haven't received any actions from you yet. Do you have any more questions, or anything else you need from me to help you make your turn?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2017, 02:05:48 pm »

Looks good, though given the effect it currently has I might drop the greater off of the name. And given those effects how long does lesser vampirism last?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2017, 02:07:36 pm »

Lesser Vampirism also lasts for one month. As you will see, the effects are comparatively reduced as well.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2017, 02:08:38 pm »

And is it assumed that I'm using the spells as much as practically possible?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2017, 02:11:11 pm »

I was going to assume you will be using the spell once a month, to maintain it's effects. When practicing, you could be casting it for friends, family members or paying customers in order to work the magic muscle as much as possible.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2017, 02:12:18 pm »

Hmm. I guess I'll just do this for now.

Year 1: Research Healing Touch (1). A simple cantrip that allows the user to heal minor injuries or accelerate recovery from disease.
Years 2-5: Research Regeneration (4). An advanced healing spell that can regrow lost limbs and cure even the most dire injuries in minutes.
Year 6: Recruit some soldiers.
Years 7-9: Travel the country casting Rains of Life, ending famine and curing disease, to ensure the land is healthy and well fed when it faces whatever threat approaches. (Level 1 -> 3)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2017, 02:41:32 pm »

So how long would one of these walls last without anyone trying to get through it?

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12