Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC) - Chapter 2!  (Read 22459 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (IC thread!)
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2017, 08:26:06 pm »

"Something hears, comes, I kill. Perhaps dinner. Not a problem."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2017, 08:29:54 pm »

"If you must sing, do so. But not like those two, or I vill hit you."

"It would be difficult to sing like them. I do not have a malady of the throat... or the brain."

The general's fiancee spoke up for the first time.

: "Is that truly wise? What if something hears you?"
"I'm sure the forest would swallow any sound, if they hadn't already heard a dozen or so steeds hard-riding into the clearing, darling. Listen, you'll enjoy it."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2017, 08:31:06 pm »

The Captain shrugged.

: "Just remember that we'll be riding again before you know it, and we won't be making camp again until near sundown. Don't use too much of your energy. Do as you will."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2017, 08:31:54 pm »

"Come now, I'm sure whatever she sings won't even compare to the ear piercing screeches those two make." Aaron spoke condescendingly, taking a jab at the two men as he got off his horse and tied up her reins so she wouldn't run off. He sat down and leaned against a tree. Hearing the general's fiancee's concern he spoke up. "Like the women said, I'm sure a bear or two is no match for all of us. Even a couple of stray undead. I say let women play her song, I'm quite looking forward to it."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2017, 08:53:45 pm »

"This is the magic of my song. It needs no scrolls or spellbooks, and yet you will find yourself... refreshed. Anyone can pick up a flute or... warble, as our friends so aptly demonstrated earlier. But I am a bard."
She hummed the opening bars. Shame she hadn't picked up a instrument that didn't require her mouth to use, but such is life in ex-prisoner empire.
"Seconds march into the past
The moments pass
And just like that, they're gone

The river always finds the sea
So helplessly
Like you find me..."

Ghamina knew how to sing well, and she did. Indeed, those who listened to her voice, low and slightly husky, would find their tiredness melting away under the slightly mournful song.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2017, 09:24:22 pm »

William had slipped from his horse, rolling his eyes and shaking his head in amusement at the mockery of the others.  It wasn't as though they were the worst comments he'd heard about his singing, after all.  There was always the one time the Chair of Anatomical Sorcery tried to brain him with a cactus after the faculty's winter solstice party.  Though that may have been more about the content of the song...

The shaman settled himself down on a suitable patch of grass, a small charm serving to provide enough light for him to peruse the tomes he'd taken from the armory as the woman prepared to sing.  Once she began, he actually managed to find himself distracted enough to look up and listen.

: "Well.  Terribly rude as you all are, I must admit, I find myself humbled.  You have quite a talent."

: "And I have the odd impression you weren't exaggerating when you spoke of magic in your song.  Very impressive."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2017, 09:24:58 pm »

Yara reached up and patted the neck of her wyvern as he began to tilt his head upwards at Ghamina's song - interrupted, he examined her curiously instead. Just as well. She had a feeling wyverns weren't meant for sing-alongs. At least not good ones.

Still, that was a thought. People were distracted by the performance, as it washed over them and eased their fatigue. So... after a moment of hesitation, she touched her forehead to her wyvern's, whispering softly.

"I missed you, Langor. ...Sorry for getting caught."

All right. That was more than enough. She wasn't in the habit of making apologies to anyone else.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2017, 09:30:08 pm »

Aaron closed his eyes and enjoyed her singing. He slowly started feeling invigorated as he listened. As her song finished he applauded her performance.

"Bravo, Bravo, you are truly talented with your voice."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2017, 09:55:02 pm »

"...Pozdravleniya. You vill remain unhit for now."

It was probably the closest to a compliment the bard was going to get from Wolf.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2017, 10:03:36 pm »

"Indeed. I've heard of this sort of song before, but never experienced it myself. You have my compliments as well." She inclined her head toward Ghamina briefly as she herself settled into the grass, somewhat near William.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2017, 10:17:50 pm »

Alain largely watched the performance in silence, still tending to his mount. The woman hadn't been lying when she said her song was magic, he'd started to sense a signature almost as soon as she opened her mouth. It had always been a queer sensation, the spells that bards and their ilk wove, one that was unmistakable to him at that point.
       And he sensed yet another signature, now that he thought about it. He didn't have to look over his shoulder to know someone was using a cantrip, nor was he surprised when he did and found it was the one charged with illegal tome possession. He turned his gaze right back around without a word. Blood arts, Necromancy, all of it, nasty stuff from what he'd seen. Sneaking by and occasionally having to stave off the assaults of ungodly beasts and shambling corpses alike had been enough first hand experience to know exactly why the arts were banned to begin with. Calling their usage crimes against nature itself was as big an understatement if ever there was one.

"I'll keep on guard, around that one..." he said to the steed in a low voice, receiving little more than a snort as he tied the beast to a low hanging branch. He had to admit, it was of far better temperament than the mule they used to plow the fields, back in that god-forsaken dust bowl. It was nice not having to watch for snapping jaws or a wayward kick whenever you so much as got close. Almost as nice as not having to waste energy zapping the damn thing into submission, just to show how easily you could match it's spite "No telling what might be going on in his head. And I don't care to know either"
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:22:08 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2017, 10:24:06 pm »

The shaman glanced over at the mountain princess, still humming a bit of his earlier song under his breath.  HE still thought it was catchy.  But at the very least, he wasn't inclined to burst out into outright song again.

Without the threat of imminent axing hanging over his soon-to-be-severed head, it seemed as fine a time as any to indulge his curiosity instead.  And there were a number of curious people in this little band of criminals.  The girl near him included.

So he cleared his throat and spoke up, trying to ignore the mage clearly glaring daggers into the back of his head.  The reason for that was obvious enough to him, and didn't really need investigating.

: "Excuse me. It was Gawen, wasn't it?  Of the Cawallader family."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2017, 10:33:31 pm »

"Yes." She couldn't keep the guardedness out of her tone; it's not like she was incapable of dealing with someone nettling her all night, but that didn't mean she wanted to. Gawen wasn't quite sure what to think of him; he hadn't bothered to deny the charges against him, which could mean that he was innocent. . . or that he simply didn't care.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2017, 10:51:22 pm »

: "Oh, there's no need to glare.  I'm not going to bother you."

: "...Well, actually, I suppose I probably am.  I'm not going to nettle you, at any rate."

The man shrugged, indifferent.  So long as she answered his questions, he was satisfied.

: "If you'd allow me, I'd like to ask about your homeland.  What's the region like?  More importantly, the culture and traditions?  How long has your family been in power, and what has their rule been like?  Simple things like that."

: "Provided you are who you say you are, of course.  But you have hints of the accent, and I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2017, 10:58:14 pm »

PTW, just like I did in the OOC thread.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33