Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What funny, brutal, insane, or just flat out violent ways have you died lately?  (Read 3740 times)

Gamerguy247365

• Bay Watcher
  • Is it not yet apparent I'm an an idiot?
    • View Profile

Come one come all and share the glorious demise of your brave warriors.
Well then, its would appear I've died.

GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

I used DFhack to enter the HFS in adventure mode. That was Fun.

In other news, I learned the hard way that dragonfire isn't as laughably easy to block with a shield as it used to be. You now have to face the dragonfire to block it. Rip me.

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile

I dodged an angelic swordsman made out of some gem; fell into the lower level's rough slade floor and my upper body split into gore.

I then later noted myself to set combat preferences to stand ground near ledges
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:34:41 pm by BadCompany141 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

I once fell down a waterfall chasing a flatfish.

That was an embarassing way to die.
One wheel short of a wagon

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Funny?

(bled to death in mid-air while testing a version of launch that lets you ride people like Zangief)

Brutal?

(was trying to make a hotkey-friendly bodyswap script from scratch and copied myself)

Insane?

(it took a while to figure out how to not copy myself, but until then I needed to get rid of them somehow)

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fought a goblin hammer man of with a knife while  on a tree, lost the ability to hold the knife, then lost the ability to hold tree fell and died instantly

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, yeah, always make sure you have the high ground when fighting on a wall/cliff/ledge, if you fall then you can make sure you've got a hold of your foe and take them down with you!

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, yeah, always make sure you have the high ground when fighting on a wall/cliff/ledge, if you fall then you can make sure you've got a hold of your foe and take them down with you!
Wait Thats a Thing?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quite, I like to call it Anriznil, the Skyhammer.

Grab enemy while they're below you and you're both climbing > aim a takedown > lay down to let go of the wall > laugh and laugh and laugh.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Grab enemy while they're below you and you're both climbing > aim a takedown > lay down to let go of the wall > laugh and laugh and laugh.

That sounds incredibly hard to set up and impractical.

I love it.

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, The goblin was a tile south and below me and I couldn't climb because of injuries so no sky hammer for me

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds incredibly hard to set up and impractical.

I love it.
It helps if you get enemies to start chasing you and then get a head start up like the wall in a town or something, but yeah, it's impractical, can be dangerous to YOU, and even then it really doesn't do as much as something like throwing them would.

So much more fun though.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Maybe it's a bit mundane, but I was raiding a camp of saberon and pygmy bandits as a goblin swordsman - I managed to kill most of them except the leader, a saberon swordsmaster.

Oddly he wasn't using a shield, only a steel sabre - no metal armor either.

After a somewhat prolonged "fight" which consisted of me and him missing each other, he eventually slashed my throat open. On the next turn he just decapitated me.

I sorta imagine my adventurer falling over on his knees, choking on his blood, before the boss chopped his head off execution-style. One of the few times I was impressed with a bandit leader.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One of those night beast things came along and I bashed away. It couldn't touch me. I misclicked and laid down. knee joint was locked and bent in one turn. After that it was over pretty fast.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Bidyhackier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I were at the wrong side of a canyon,the dire wolf was closing in, i were a human and talented wrestler, and as such Tried to throw him, the throwing roll threw the Wolf on me, because of the Wolf size his flying body propelled mine and both fell.
lol why is patience the key characteristic to defeating an elephant? I can just imagine years of psychological torture and mind games until one of you just takes their own life.
Pages: [1] 2