Deep Ones awaken
- 3 (27.3%)
Haunted manor
- 3 (27.3%)
Other
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Horror Time: Lone cabin in the woods [6/6] Death count: 1  (Read 10739 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Horror Time: Lone cabin in the woods [6/6]
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 12:33:02 pm »

Awakening from his previous stupor, Happy looked around the log cabin
"It's gonna be a long, long night... We are surrounded, outnumbered, underequipped, scared and unprepared. There is almost no chance of survival. We are most thoroughly fucked.

Fun time 's a-comin' and "Fun"'s my second name."

Happy foraged around the cabin for a few sturdy, heavy sticks. Better than nothing, he thought. An idea came to his mind in an instant. He lit one of his many cigars and puffed once before setting a few distant bushes on fire with his lighter. Hopefully IT is scared of the dark. Happy needed to drown out his fear if he wanted to make it through the night. He swallowed a mouthful of of booze before taunting the unseen creatures of the night.

He returned to the cabin and sat on the table, seemingly resting, before suddenly standig upright. There has to be a gun here somewhere...
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 09:26:24 pm »

"Hey William, you mind sawing this chair leg off for me?"

"Y-yeah, sure. I'll saw all the legs off and you can distribute them to the others." William said, somewhat startled.

Saw off the legs.

"Does your phone have a signal?" he asked, directing his question towards Amelia.

Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2017, 09:57:22 pm »

"Thanks, friend."

Jeremiah gives everyone a chair leg, as a backup weapon.

"In this topsy turvy world one can never be too prepared."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 10:02:05 pm »

"Hey William, you mind sawing this chair leg off for me?"

"Y-yeah, sure. I'll saw all the legs off and you can distribute them to the others." William said, somewhat startled.

Saw off the legs.

"Does your phone have a signal?" he asked, directing his question towards Amelia.
Check if phone has signal.
"CHECKING!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2017, 06:29:29 am »

Climb to the top of a nearby tree.(use hookshots to help climb)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2017, 01:23:34 pm »

The Horror Begins

The rays of sunlight that broke through tree tops and slightly lit the inside of cabin suddenly disappeared and the sun hidden behind tall trees. The wind has stopped blowing, and lack of noisy woodland animals or even those quiet ones became much more noticeable. A strange, eerie and depressing pressure coming from within forest surrounding the cabin could be felt, a force somewhat shrivelling through the very essence of human soul...

The pressure made Happy Chappy awake from previous stupor, he looked around the log cabin and said: It's gonna be a long, long night... We are surrounded, outnumbered, underequipped, scared and unprepared. There is almost no chance of survival. We are most thoroughly fucked. - everybody stood in silence, kinda surprised by his sudden awakening. He then added: Fun time 's a-comin' and "Fun"'s my second name - and went outside through the window to forage around the cabin. A few sturdy, heavy sticks are better than nothing. - he thought.

[4] There were a few heavy sticks laying close to the cabin. Happy picked them up, and an idea came to his mind in an instant. He took out one of his expensive cigars and puffed once, then started setting bushes distant to the cabin on fire.

[5] They excellently went ablaze, suggesting that it wasn't raining here for a long time. Strangely, the fire didn't spread to foliage or trees. Hopefully it is afraid of fire. - he thought. Happy needed to drown out his fear if he wanted to make it through the night. He swallowed a mouthful of booze, before taunting the unseen creatures of the night: Be damned, mo********ing night creatures! You, you.... YOU! - his shouts were gibberish after the booze quickly hit in.

[6] Next he tried to climb back inside, but when getting in he flipped, smashed the table and hit the ground, heavily bruising his back! There has to be a gun here somewhere... - he thought.

Back in the cabin, Jeremiah was still trying to recover from his cramp in right arm: "Sturdy ass chair... - forming a fist with his other hand and waving it menacingly. Then he looked out through the window to check what's the source of sudden pressure.

[2] All he saw was Happy Chappy, foraging for heavy sticks.

Then Jeremiah looked back inside the cabin and saw William coming, a wood saw in his hand. He asked: Hey William, you mind sawing this chair leg off for me? - after a while he replied: Y-yeah, sure. I'll saw all the legs off and you can distribute them to the others. - his voice somewhat distant.

[2] William took the chair and used his saw to cut out legs from chairs, but it only scratched surface of the wood! Uhm... thanks, friend... - Jeremiah said, both surprised and disappointed. In this topsy turvy world one can never be too prepared...

Skeliborn moved to the second room, opened window, moved into the frame and taking out one of his hookshots, he shot it at one of tall trees and tried to climb it up.

[1] The hook landed perfectly on the tree top, lodging between a few branches. Suddenly Skeliborn felt an ominous force dragging him! He tried to fight it off, but he was too weak! The force dragged him along the rope from hookshot and smacked him into a tree! He fell down, this probably ended with more than a few bruises!

Amelia looked at the nailed boards and fidgeted nervously. The windows were still undone. Hopefully that other....um dude girl.. - she thought, she wasn't really paying attention to really... much of anyone. For her, everyone's faces kinda meshed in a blur and she had already forgotten everyone's names in a matter of moments. She longed for the roadtrip she remembered this morning... how the hell did she end up here? Dude's and dudeet's how in the fresh hell did we get here anyway? I don't....remember...much.. - she asked, still trying to board up the place. Jeremiah was first, and only to reply: I don't quite remember. I remember going to the Druggist's on the corner and then falling into a stupor and fainting. Then I found myself here with several others. Everything between is non-existent.

[1] Sudden pressure and pondering distracted her and she drove a nail through her hand! Damnit, ouch! This hurts like hell! - she cried out.

Richard took out the CB radio and turned it on.

[3] Despite it's age, it still worked. Then he started trying out different frequencies, repeating: *Hello? Hello? Can anyone read me?*

[2] There were no answers however.

After futile tried with sawing off the legs, William reminded himself that Amelia had a phone. He approached her, the girl tried to hide that she had hammered her own hand to the boards. Does your phone have a signal? - he asked. Amelia took out her smartphone: CHECKING! - she shouted.

[6] The signal was strong . Yes, somehow I have a signal here. - she replied. Suddenly someone called her. The caller was displayed as... her own phone number. She turned loudspeaker and answered: Hello?

[4] Someone shouted from the phone's speaker. Windows! They're getting through the windows! - the shout was followed by uneasy, metallic rattle. I can't hold the hatch any longer! - then a loud whump. What the hell is tha.... - someone with voice similar to William couldn't end the sentence, he only emitted a loud gurgle and quited down completely. Take the gun! Shoot it, quickly! - a woman's voice, accompanied by a gunshot.

Silence, and then, a strange, raspy voice: Don't let the hatch open! Barricade the windows! - warned.

Suddenly a wild wind blewn and the trees seemed to move towards the cabin, closing in. A loud, metallic rattle echoed in the distance and something started banging on the hatch from underneath!

Happy Chappy: Received 3 heavy sticks. Lost 1 expensive cigar, half a liter of vodka. Happy is Drunk, he gets all bonuses and penalties of this state (check active effects). Bruised back, -1HP
Skeliborn: Lost 1 hookshot. Heavy bruises, fractures, -4HP
Amelia: Nail driven through hand! -2HP. Lost 1 nail.

All players except Happy (Drunk), and Skeliborn (outside cabin) lose 5 sanity due to loudspeaker projection.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2017, 01:36:02 pm »

Activate phone +headphones for somw sanity recovery then quietly undo the nail in my hand with my hammer pulling it out...look for something to wrap it up with wield my hammer and be ready to strike...IF THERES A HATCH MAKE SURE ITS CLOSED.
".....heh..heh..oh sweet mother teresa on a mercedes bend I'm so fucked."
They tried to give a small laugh a nervous smile crossing their face..they had to keep calm...they had to..this wasent real was it? She was unconsious in her room after hitting her bong too hard wasent she?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2017, 05:15:02 pm »

Richard looks back at the hatch and thinks to himself: Let's just put some heavy stuff on it.

He then looks for something heavy to put over it. Hopefully a refrigerator.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2017, 05:19:31 pm »

"Everybody...get away from the windows. NOW!"

Just use the entire goddamn chair as a club, try to see what's coming for us through the windows.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2017, 08:55:31 pm »

"What the fuck, what was that?! Those people sounded like US!" William exclaimed. "AMELIA! Start barricading the windows!"

Help Amelia barricade the windows.

"They said to barricade the windows, NOT hit whatever the hell's coming for us with a bloody chair!"
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2017, 10:00:59 pm »

"What the fuck, what was that?! Those people sounded like US!" William exclaimed. "AMELIA! Start barricading the windows!"

Help Amelia barricade the windows.

"They said to barricade the windows, NOT hit whatever the hell's coming for us with a bloody chair!"
"IM SORRY IM TRYING TO GET THIS NAIL OUTTA MY HAND!"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2017, 10:55:26 pm »

((I finished my sheet))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2017, 02:33:32 am »

"Bloomin' forest cunts on the fookin' trees..." was all that came to Chappy's mind, seeing his newfound companion Skeliborn crumpled. Leaving a friend behind is not something Happy ever does, so he gets outside the house and drags poor Skeliborn back inside, taunting the treetop horror with uninteligible shouts and growls, the only discernible words being "fuck" and "cunt". When inside, he uses the broken table to barricade the window he came through and scrambles around the room to find a gun. Perhaps one is hanging over the door?

"Oh, skeliladdy, yar such a poor laddie. Dem treetops gettin' to ya.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2017, 03:49:43 am »

((I finished my sheet))

Updated in the waitlist.

Next update after star2wars3 posts his acton.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2017, 07:44:58 am »

plug ears with leaves and enter the cabin
((My bad on being late. Out of curiosity do you have an update schedule?))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8