Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to necromance  (Read 2205 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to necromance
« on: March 27, 2017, 08:17:23 pm »

I read the slab, got the skill, but raising people is difficult as I have to kill them first.

Tips for killing without maiming, and why aren't my zimbies equipping themselves with weapons?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: How to necromance
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:22:52 pm »

you could try choking them to death.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 01:04:17 am »

why aren't my zimbies equipping themselves with weapons?

Because they're zombies.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 06:56:57 am »

why aren't my zimbies equipping themselves with weapons?

Because they're zombies.
Aren't they zimbies?  :P
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 07:17:38 am »

Well according to the wiki when undead sieges happen they have weapons. Also choking takes a while.

I found a silver short sword, so I behead them, killing with one blow, and then raising the neck and the body separately. When my 96 zombies find a human, I get spammed with UristMcNeck has grabbed on firmly!

My army of heads shall rule the world!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 03:42:40 pm »

A pity they're not contagious, like werebeasts, if they're attacking by biting. How do the head/necks travel? In the arms of their bodies? By bouncing along the ground?
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 06:52:29 am »

They roll slowly. It's creepier that way.

On a related note, can you become both a vampire and a werebeast? I want to be a vampiric necromantic weresheep.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 08:57:38 am »

On a related note, can you become both a vampire and a werebeast? I want to be a vampiric necromantic weresheep.
Nope, sorry
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 10:19:32 am »

Well according to the wiki when undead sieges happen they have weapons. Also choking takes a while.

I found a silver short sword, so I behead them, killing with one blow, and then raising the neck and the body separately. When my 96 zombies find a human, I get spammed with UristMcNeck has grabbed on firmly!

My army of heads shall rule the world!

that's the spirit!

Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 09:58:31 am »

Well, even to roll they need some sort of muscles so however they move, they must grow new organs capable of such movement. Now that's creepy!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 09:30:55 pm »

A pity they're not contagious, like werebeasts, if they're attacking by biting. How do the head/necks travel? In the arms of their bodies? By bouncing along the ground?

I always saw it as bouncing along the ground.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 10:23:16 am »

You have to become the were beast first.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 02:10:11 am »

Lies. You can't.

Code: [Select]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:15:48 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 11:05:58 am »

Lies. You can't.

Code: [Select]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]

You have to become the vampire or werebeast before becoming the necromancer. I do it on all my adventurers that live long enough.

Although I see I missread his question -_-
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:27:44 am by Killgoth »

BruceyBoyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 01:13:09 pm »

As for undead sieges having weapons, that's only because they spawn with them. A zombie is allowed to hold a weapon, but they're never actually allowed to pick a weapon up, so any dead who are raised by necromancy will be forever unarmed. Anything that gets turned undead by evil mist, however, will not be forced to drop its gear.

And, yes, you can resurrect their head and body. You can also resurrect their hands (or their upper/lower arm, which will include the hand unless it was removed separately). And your own hands. Pretty useless, but excellent distractions. Beware, however, not to go for targeted attacks when you're near too many of them. If the number of possible targets, own undead included, adjacent to you is too big to list, you'll instantly lock the game by pressing shift+A - it sounds easy to avoid, but I've had to force close a fair few times after my swarm of undead broke the game.