Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 76285 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2017, 08:01:58 pm »

Break it off, you lot. Company's coming. Time to make ourselves scarce!

Climb out of the water tub and walk ominously out of the barn, probably backlit by the yellow smoke and fire. Scarred grin and all that.

"So, what's next?" Gak says to no one in particular as the barn continues to burn.
You join the captain and Frederick, watching the disaster, each with your own outlook. "Was hoping to at lest get the cart and the cages outta that, lad. But time's up. we gotta roll. Come on then, off to the safehouse. With that, he turns, issues a command to Frederick, and heads off at a trot down the alley.

Climb out of the water tub and walk ominously out of the barn, probably backlit by the yellow smoke and fire. Scarred grin and all that.

"So, what's next?" Gak says to no one in particular as the barn continues to burn.
Toss a empty bucket to this guy ruining the dramatic tention

You can bloody help clean up your mess and put out this fire

Keep trying to contain the fire
(2) it gets beyond you. The captain is calling for a retreat anyway. Time to scoot.

(2) One of your eyeballs rolls in the dirt. The fire glints. the smoke stings. You feel none of it.
But what am "I", really? Surely Caroline is in no condition to feel this, but I could contend that she is also in no condition to not feel it. I, myself, have felt a great many things and been great many beings. Why, then, can't I simply take a peek, and see what's under the covers?
you are currently a sentient, sapient rock, formed out of the landscape of Omega base - a constant danger to yourself and those around you. But not here, there. The fate of your previous incarnation's 'offspring' will just have to remain a mystery.

Start growling at the smoke
"Fair point. Let's just hope it doesn't spread much. Come, Frederick. Come along."

Find a nice side alley to get cornered hide out in while my admirers work out their excitement.
(1) you get swept along with the crowd, knocked down, and trampled on. When you finally stop getting stepped on, you are alone in the middle of the street, thoroughly deflated. A random alley cat walks across you, stepping on your sensitive bits with all four paws before charging off to who knows where.

Escape the barn, while doing so breathe a small dose of the smoke, so I can reproduce it. When I do this I become immume to the smoke. Avoid the lattice.
You have a chance to become immune to the smoke. It isn't automatic. (6) You inhale some smoke. Now, for some effects. First, you settle to the ground, no longer buoyant. You stagger out of the barn, coughing yellow smoke. You don't know what effect that will have on others, but you feel your innards roiling, while that black lattice begins sprouting through your skin, stiffening your joints and slowing you down. This ... could be really bad, yo.

Stand around watching the team's activities.
Possibly with an open-mouthed gawp if anything especially stupid seems to be happening. If any smoke or other substances comes my way, retreat to a safe distance. Actually, do that if it even looks like things might get worse. Keep an eye out for unknown people approaching the area, too, and attempt to call, whistle to or even just wave frantically at the captain if I spot any.

You hear the sounds of a crowd from out front, calling out about smoke and fire. And also demons, so you know they are talking about you guys. Probably. God, you hope they aren't talking about something else. Anyway, the captain has beat you to the punch and is beating feet the opposite way. You figure discretion is the better part and all that, and follow the captain, as Horatio tumbles out of the smoke, growing black and spiky. Yeah, running away seems wise.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2017, 08:25:05 pm »

Follow the captain back by flying from rooftop to rooftop.  Keep the captain in sight.  Look around, I'm out of the box.  Anything else happening?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:19:40 am by Devastator »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2017, 08:36:11 pm »

Drop the bucket and follow the captain

I would like to say things cant get worse but we still have half a team of unstable psychopaths so anythings possible
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2017, 09:31:50 pm »

Everyone following the captain (except goatman and the mosquito demon, who are both hopelessly lost)?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2017, 09:32:38 pm »

Everyone following the captain (except goatman and the mosquito demon, who are both hopelessly lost)?

Essentially, unless something attacks Freddie.  Or smells just so tasty.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:38:38 pm by Devastator »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2017, 09:48:05 pm »

Thrips's eyes grew wide at the sight of the portly, purple-clad fellow swelling up and warping horribly before him.

"Are... are you alright, sir?"
He took a couple of steps backward, but managed to resist the temptation to flee just yet.

Hang around briefly, to see what happens with poor Horatio. Does he seem okay or is he in the process of dying horribly?
See if he needs any help and attempt to provide it if possible, although don't comply if whatever instructions he gives involve getting too close to him, the wreckage of the barn, or otherwise putting myself in danger.

If he seems okay and manages to follow the captain, I shall do so as well.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2017, 10:03:45 am »

If I can "digest" the smoke I do that if I can't, I fire all the excessive smoke at the barn where there is nobody in an atempt to get better. If I get better, I fill myself with regular air and shoot it at the barn out to cleanse my body. Follow the captain.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2017, 11:25:08 am »

Alright, now find myself a nice hidey hole.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2017, 11:57:30 pm »

Gak shrugs. "Eh, fair enough."

Take a quick glance around to see if I can see any more knives and then follow the captain if there aren't any.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2017, 07:58:33 pm »

Follow the captain back by flying from rooftop to rooftop.  Keep the captain in sight.  Look around, I'm out of the box.  Anything else happening?
The rooftops here tend to be flat. they also tend to be cluttered with the detritus of living, as if they were a floor of the building that itself had no walls or ceiling. The first building you land on has a few boxes and things scattered around. Nothing interesting. You do hear the crowd on the other side of the stable. Looking that way, you see more lights and smoke and stuff. it is somewhat bright for being late on an overcast night. The smell of newfallen rain is strong, though  it is not raining now. looking ahead, the city grows dark. this is a part of the city that is not active at this time. The most interesting thing remains the stable afire, and the toxic smoke billowing into the sky.

Drop the bucket and follow the captain

I would like to say things cant get worse but we still have half a team of unstable psychopaths so anythings possible
Off you go. I'll post an "at the hidey hole" action when everyone gets there, if we don't encounter any trouble on the way, and the herd of catsgang of unstable psychopaths can aim in one direction long enough. The captain looks back at you and grins widely. It's almost as if he ... expected this outcome.

If I can "digest" the smoke I do that if I can't, I fire all the excessive smoke at the barn where there is nobody in an atempt to get better. If I get better, I fill myself with regular air and shoot it at the barn out to cleanse my body. Follow the captain.
(5) you digest the smoke and return to your normal appearance. You will always have side effects when using Evelyn's Acid. You follow the sharkman as he follows the captain.

Thrips's eyes grew wide at the sight of the portly, purple-clad fellow swelling up and warping horribly before him.

"Are... are you alright, sir?"
He took a couple of steps backward, but managed to resist the temptation to flee just yet.

Hang around briefly, to see what happens with poor Horatio. Does he seem okay or is he in the process of dying horribly?
See if he needs any help and attempt to provide it if possible, although don't comply if whatever instructions he gives involve getting too close to him, the wreckage of the barn, or otherwise putting myself in danger.

If he seems okay and manages to follow the captain, I shall do so as well.

He manages to gain control of himslef and return to what passes for normal around here. Actually, he looks remarkably normal, if a bit, eh, stuck up. Tremendously relieved, you scurry along, glad to leave that mess to someone else. Some poor, unsuspecting mob of angry citizens looking for answers and justice.

Alright, now find myself a nice hidey hole.
What kind of hole you looking for? someone's bedroom? a box? a sewer? I mean, you are in a trash can now, and are hiding just fine. (4) Something curious happens to you. Your Omega Brand starts urging you in a particular direction. it isn't intense or anything, and is totally ignorable, but the sensation is unmistakable.

Gak shrugs. "Eh, fair enough."

Take a quick glance around to see if I can see any more knives and then follow the captain if there aren't any.
(4) you see the first of the crowd of locals as they open the other stable door. Some of them have knives. Wanna see if you can liberate a couple?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2017, 08:07:26 pm »

Try and steal a few of them, sure, then go follow the captain. If anyone objects, just cut their Achilles' tendons.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2017, 10:31:58 pm »

Follow the leader.  Strike back if something attacks me.  Continue swivelling head in all directions, as this is a new place.  Smell if anything's tasty, didn't get that horse meat.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2017, 03:53:30 am »

"I'm fine, lad, if not a bit... bloated."
Follow ye captain.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:31:39 pm by Loki987 »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2017, 04:07:26 am »

When we get to a safe place patch up any injuries the group has taken
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2017, 06:39:48 pm »

Try and steal a few of them, sure, then go follow the captain. If anyone objects, just cut their Achilles' tendons.
You stride confidently toward the growing crowd. They spot yo, and some who had laid down weapons in exchange for buckets trade back to weapons again. one big dude with a maul looks especially ominous. "Gimme them knives and I'll let you live!" you shriek.

Follow the leader.  Strike back if something attacks me.  Continue swivelling head in all directions, as this is a new place.  Smell if anything's tasty, didn't get that horse meat.
"I'm fine, lad, if not a bit... bloated."
Follow ye captain.
When we get to a safe place patch up any injuries the group has taken
The group continues into a more ramshackle area of the city, and end up in a burned out area that hasn't been rebuilt. the fires have been gone for some time, but a faint smell of char and ash remain. The place is piles with debris - piles of damaged wood, broken roof tiles, wood stoves and metal barrels. Yo pass by a single, three story tall clay golem and into a large building that looks relatively untouched by whatever conflagration brought this area down.

"Right, lads. Clear out any squatters. if they are kids, bring 'em to me. Don't kill the kids. You there! *he yells at Yoink* 'Gotta task for you. I want you to be the bag man. Go to the inn our contact mentioned and wait for word. He gives you detailed directions to the inn, and a coded message to relay to the contact.

Lost more 'n half of you already, eh? Well, hopefully the beacon will bring some of the others in. I don't really feel like going out and chasing them down. Or triggering the killswitch.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44