Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 76202 times)

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2017, 04:47:26 pm »

Horatio follows the kid. He's carefull though that the kid doesn't try to rob or ambush him. Try akwardly to make some small talk.
"So... you're poor right...
(pause)
Soap isn't really that expensive, though...
(pause)
All I'm saying is that you could make an efford.
... for the sake of my and other people's noses."

When I arrive at the appartment. I announce my arrival. With a: "Willie, less-than-two-eyes, I've come to bargain."
Hope they let me in.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2017, 02:48:57 pm »

Sneeze.  Wake up.
you sneeze and wake up. a small army of kids, half paralyzed still, screams and attempts to back away from you.

Nodding his head gravely towards the boy before turning to head back outside, Thrips was inwardly feeling rather smug, a little bit shocked and, most importantly, very grown-up. "A coin here or there," he murmured to himself, feeling quite profound as he stepped into the street, "Is sometimes just the extra bit'f oil what the cake needs ta keep from burnin'."   

Leave the inn and stride confidently up the street in search of this cafe-bakery I've been directed to.
Take in the sights and sounds of the city as I go, as always keeping an eye out for signs of trouble. Are the streets still rather quiet?

Once I'm there
(assuming I find the place where it's supposed to be and am not interrupted/distracted along the way), study it for a moment, then, if it doesn't seem immediately dangerous in some way, head on inside. Nod a dignified, mature greeting to any serving staff before enquiring as to what manner of breakfast might be on offer.    
You find your way to the shop and are given eggs and toast, with two small sausages, for breakfast. a dollop of gravy sits on the side. It smells slightly spicy.
 after a time, while your attention is devoted to the remnants of breakfast, a voice growls in your ear. "They sent you? well, pipsqueak, out with it. What's that rat got for us?"

The officers

((Well, that changes things.))

"Nossir, no, I don't think they- oh. Hmm. I saw. Thanking your arrest this innocenous foregler, teach us some lessons." Pas'qet glares at the officers. "Well, letusgoing then, if your insisinstinct."

Resisting arrest is what landed me in Omega in the first place. I think I'll comply, this time around.
you are led to a shabby police station a dozen blocks away and are tossed into a cell with a bunch of drunks. Half of them are unconscious, a few are in hard hangover stage, and one or two seem more or less awake and irritable.

Skip on merrily into the warehouse, brandishing my collection of weapons and humming a tune or something. Claim racial discrimination if this catches police attention.
They don't even see you, as they are leading off that other guy. You arrive at the warehouse in time to see a bunch of kids screaming in a corner.

Horatio follows the kid. He's carefull though that the kid doesn't try to rob or ambush him. Try akwardly to make some small talk.
"So... you're poor right...
(pause)
Soap isn't really that expensive, though...
(pause)
All I'm saying is that you could make an efford.
... for the sake of my and other people's noses."

When I arrive at the appartment. I announce my arrival. With a: "Willie, less-than-two-eyes, I've come to bargain."
Hope they let me in.
The kid calls you all sorts of names and hurls all sorts of insults your way. You don't recognize most of the words, but you assume they are meant to be insulting, anyway. When you arrive at the apartment - grimy hole in the wall, more like - and announce yourself, you are immediately surrounded by a small gang of teens, looking ... troublesome.
"Guy thinks he's funny. What's he think he can bargain for? Or with?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2017, 03:06:04 pm »

"Well, I'd intended to do something involving the mission but if they're just gonna leave free entertainment lying around like that I can't really let it go unused, can I?"

Ensure the kids can't escape, and then start telling them extremely bad puns. Yes, while the dragon starts eating them.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:50:27 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2017, 03:11:12 pm »

A snack-pack!  Start with the fat one, always good to start with the fat one.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 05:26:12 pm by Devastator »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2017, 06:19:36 pm »

"Erm... me?"

Despite his earlier rush of confidence, Thrips was still rather shocked by this unexpected voice piping up next to him. He whirls around to regard the newcomer wide-eyed for a moment before trying to regain his composure. Inwardly, he was trying to remember just what instructions he had given the serving boy at the tavern... Thrips had been so preoccupied with how smoothly the giving of the orders had gone, that perhaps he had gotten a little muddled in just what the given orders were.
Unless his plan, as simple as it was, had somehow managed to derail in the short span of its two-or-three steps.
Yes, he reflected, he wasn't exactly experienced with this whole "making plans" business. It wouldn't be overly surprising.
Then again, perhaps the inn in question (and this, the nearby eatery) was simply a common meeting ground for shady deals?

...I told the boy to come and tell me, himself, when any of the other gang showed up, didn't I? Try and remember.   
Do I recognize whoever addressed me from the earlier confrontation? Let's not go blurting out information meant for specific ears to just anyone, now. Actually, wait, the message was coded anyway, wasn't it? Suppose there's not too much harm to be done.     

Unless this fellow/female/whoever seems to be obviously the wrong person, swallow my food, dust the crumbs off my hands (preferably not on my new coat), clear my throat and begin reciting the coded message, watching carefully for any signs of comprehension that might clue me in as to whether they're the contact or not.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2017, 05:02:33 am »

"Ah, the young and unexpierenced. I shall change my lingo for optimal comprehension.
Yow, we are sent by the ganstar Sal, he is our homelad. We want to parlay and such about our mutual problems, yow.
The gangs are suffering mad, yow, yow. We want to meet about these probs. Capice? Yow?"

Wait and see.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2017, 07:45:54 pm »

"Well, I'd intended to do something involving the mission but if they're just gonna leave free entertainment lying around like that I can't really let it go unused, can I?"

Ensure the kids can't escape, and then start telling them extremely bad puns. Yes, while the dragon starts eating them.
(5) you run up and start clubbing kids unconscious, amking jokes about being blunt and having a hard time The phrases "knife to see you" and you scream, but not for ice cream" are amongst your least offensive puns.

A snack-pack!  Start with the fat one, always good to start with the fat one.
(2) "Frederick! Heel!" The command comes as you lurch forward toward your juicy little morsels. It sounds ... dominant.

"Erm... me?"

Despite his earlier rush of confidence, Thrips was still rather shocked by this unexpected voice piping up next to him. He whirls around to regard the newcomer wide-eyed for a moment before trying to regain his composure. Inwardly, he was trying to remember just what instructions he had given the serving boy at the tavern... Thrips had been so preoccupied with how smoothly the giving of the orders had gone, that perhaps he had gotten a little muddled in just what the given orders were.
Unless his plan, as simple as it was, had somehow managed to derail in the short span of its two-or-three steps.
Yes, he reflected, he wasn't exactly experienced with this whole "making plans" business. It wouldn't be overly surprising.
Then again, perhaps the inn in question (and this, the nearby eatery) was simply a common meeting ground for shady deals?

...I told the boy to come and tell me, himself, when any of the other gang showed up, didn't I? Try and remember.   
Do I recognize whoever addressed me from the earlier confrontation? Let's not go blurting out information meant for specific ears to just anyone, now. Actually, wait, the message was coded anyway, wasn't it? Suppose there's not too much harm to be done.     

Unless this fellow/female/whoever seems to be obviously the wrong person, swallow my food, dust the crumbs off my hands (preferably not on my new coat), clear my throat and begin reciting the coded message, watching carefully for any signs of comprehension that might clue me in as to whether they're the contact or not.

This does seem to be the person you were expecting. Looks like they took it on themselves to come meet you. You spot the kid you ordered about standing nervoously outside the diner, shifting a bit like he's not sure if he should come in or go far, far away.

You give the message, and the fellow shifts a bit, no longer looking at you. after a minute, he takes your sausages and eats. Once he's finished, he wipes his hands on your napkin and leaves. "Tell your boss that it's on." He throws over his shoulder as he goes.

"Ah, the young and unexpierenced. I shall change my lingo for optimal comprehension.
Yow, we are sent by the ganstar Sal, he is our homelad. We want to parlay and such about our mutual problems, yow.
The gangs are suffering mad, yow, yow. We want to meet about these probs. Capice? Yow?"

Wait and see.
"Why do they always send the loons? Sal, you say? Lemme see that tattoo you got there. big one it is. Lemme see it. Take off your shirt, yo."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 28, 2017, 07:47:53 pm »

Why doesn't the boss also yell at the murderdoll?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 28, 2017, 07:52:31 pm »

Wait for it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2017, 07:55:04 pm »

Follow the order.  Stare mournfully at the unconscious snacks.  Maybe there will be food later.  If the leader gets sloppy or looks away, munch one anyway.  There's so many, nobody will miss one.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:11:31 am by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2017, 08:05:19 pm »

"Ah c'mon, the dragon was just playing," Gak laments to the unseen commander. "Guess I'll find something else to do. I don't assume anything missionwise needs doing otherwise I'd have been told."

See what I can do to polish out a few of my dings and dents. Try not to get magically tazered by my superiors who I may have pissed off somehow.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2017, 02:40:42 pm »

"Nahh, dowg. I'm sick. I can't be in the cold. Just a tattoo, I got as a bet. Doesn't matter. I'm a bit embarassed about it to be real with you homies"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2017, 07:13:29 pm »

I'm probably not going to post til this weekend, you guys. sorry for the delay.

I can go ahead and kinda fast forward a little though, and put you all at the Big Meet Up of the Unlawful, unless you are preferring the more casual approach.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 03, 2017, 07:24:56 pm »

Alright, let's move things along a little bit. First, here is how you guys pass the time for the next couple days:

Frederick is led outside, and after a few whispered words by the leader, a boundary line is revealed to him. All Omegas are marked, as are the little snacks he was after. These marks, Frederick knows, mean off-limits. Yet, Frederick is given the order "hunt," and is left to it. There is life enough within the boundary that is unmarked to satisfy.

Gak is warned against harming the little gangsters, since "These are the client, right? We got bigger fish to fry, yo. Ready your knives. The meet is coming." But, as with Frederick, Gak is allowed out to hunt within a given area around the warehouse. in fact, within specific times of night, Gak is given permission to hunt in different, very specific locations as well. And there is prey within those locations. Delicious screams fill the night.

Horatio and Thrips convey their messages, and move back and forth between the respective parties. Sometimes information is exchanged. Sometimes packages. Sometimes nothing happens. Once, Thrips misses a meet, due to being distracted by the night life. He finds a strip club, and ends up losing one of the packages while occupied with the sights and sounds therein. This gets him a pretty stern talking to. Horatio is continuously ridiculed by the lowlifes, but is never physically accosted, except once. A few breaths later, and that particular thug lay screaming on the ground, a very graphic warning to the less clearheaded to mind their manners.

Pas'qet is kept in jail overnight, and then released, due to him being fully cooperative, and the cops having no real reason to bug him.

The rest of the gang more or less piddle about, bored as fuck, just waiting for something interesting to happen.
Eventually the street gangs meet with the captain and hear him out. Basically, he suggests that they work together to drive out some unwanted crime bosses, in exchange for protection from various interested parties.

Finally, the Meet is arranged, and the group packs up and heads toward the meatpacking district. It is late at night once more as the group arrives at a alrge, brickwork building. Most of the entrances and windows are sealed, but, after giving their credentials, the group is brought inside. Inside, the building is large and open. a dogfight ring is set up in one section, and is seeing a lot of betting. Exotic animals are exchanged in another spot. A cage in a third corner hosts fights between sapients. Any of you lot care to try your hand at that?

Frederick is chained, and Pas'qet is hooded and restricted. both of these precautions are cosmetic though, and both can move about freely.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 03, 2017, 08:53:40 pm »

Look at the fighting.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 08:56:18 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44