Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 76310 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #375 on: July 23, 2017, 06:56:23 am »

Clunkers walks over to the caravan, so that this time everyone can hear him. You'd think yelling with literal metal lungs would do the trick, but apparantly not.

"Restatement: LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS AND FORM A SINGLE FILE ALONG THE ROAD AWAY FROM THE CARAVAN. NON-COMPLIANCE WILL RESULT IN DEATH.

Statement: THIS ONE WILL SECURE THE SLAVES. THIS ONE REQUESTS ITS TEAMMATES TO INTERROGATE THE CARAVAN CREW ABOUT THE CARAVAN'S DESTINATION AND PURPOSE. TRY TO LIMIT LETHAL FORCE TO THOSE WHO RESIST."

Keep an eye on the caravan crew, if any of them try resisting they get a dose of magical heart attack.

Clunkers will go to the wagons to secure the slaves ASAP. Once the slaves are rounded up, Clunkers will move them all to a spot away from the rest of the caravan people and watch over them. Anyone who threatens the slaves gets a full dose of Assume Direct Control, either to stop their heart or to freeze them in place in case they don't happen to have a heart.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 23, 2017, 09:55:38 am »

Waiting and hoping the bird-girl kills soon.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 23, 2017, 02:53:06 pm »

"To the Omega Cave!!! I'm pretty sure we don't need those sentient balls of filth and dirt we call teammates, (don't say to them that I said that). In fact I think our mission will go more smoothly now that we lost our proverbial balls and chains."
Follow the captain. (I'm not sure I will be able to update a lot this week. I'll try.)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 23, 2017, 03:10:12 pm »

Vlad looks to Clunkers before saluting to him
"Aye aye sir, I'll collect the weapons and work to question them."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 23, 2017, 06:45:33 pm »

Thrips stopped and took a long look about himself, in both directions, then back at the scene in front of him.
He found it to be rather nerve-wracking indeed. He stuffed his hands back into the pockets of his coat and just slouched observantly to one side of the street for now, keeping a close eye on Frederick's tower and assailants-  save for the occasional nervous glance around.

Just wait and see for now, try and work out what's going on.
Keep an eye on my surroundings as well as the confrontation ahead of me, ideally. If, I don't know... if one of the soldiers seems about to unleash some sort of attack on Frederick, try to come up with a "terrified scream" routine with which to distract them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 25, 2017, 01:42:45 pm »

Just wait for an opportunity! Subtly try to loosen my bindings if I can.
(1) you find no opportunity, and are carefully transferred into a dry, windowless cell. Actually, you are separated from the other prisoners and kept in some kind of small vault, like some kind of storage safe or something. It's dark in here.

"Is the judge ready?"
"Not until the rest of them get sorted. Waste of time to have multiple trials for the same thing."
"This one is a little different."
"Judge'll sort that out. Probably have his trial afterward."

Doesn't fire always work?  What's going on?

Also, is the hole for the bell big enough for me to fit down, and do I feel like I could take off from this elevated position, despite the wounded leg?
Who said there was a hole for the big bell?
Frederick is confident that he could launch from up here, no problem. The wound is less an issue than tiredness, far as that goes.
Some kind of sticky, green blanket creeps through the windows and tries to settle on Frederick. (6) He roars, claws at it, and squirts fire at it when his claws have no effect. The fire seems to ignite it, but it burns in tiny little purple sparks, which emit a hazy orange smoke, which is rapidly filling the bell tower It stinks, is highly disorienting, and raises Frederick's stress level through the roof.

"To the Omega Cave!!! I'm pretty sure we don't need those sentient balls of filth and dirt we call teammates, (don't say to them that I said that). In fact I think our mission will go more smoothly now that we lost our proverbial balls and chains."
Follow the captain. (I'm not sure I will be able to update a lot this week. I'll try.)
You and the captain (and the shark guy, if he still exists), disappear into a cleverly hidden bolt-hole. Through some carefully timed runs, a few back alleys, and one dark tunnel, you evade capture. You make your way across the bridge over a rather brown looking river and into a pleasant part of town. The bolthole, after a long hike, turns out to be a rather pleasantly appointed apartment above a bakery. The smells instantly make you hungry - and you are in luck, as the Captain purchases a few baked goods for the occasion. You eat, sitting at a window overlooking the street. The Captain points out tow buildings - a plain stone thing with two large flags hanging on the facade, and a more ornate, fancy stone building - marble or granite or one of those kinds of things.
The local constabulary, though why our little gathering was interrupted from this office rather than from one across the river, well, politics being what they are, an all, I guess. The other one, the fancy one, is the courthouse. Looks like we'll be having a discussion with one of those two fine establishments. Actually, I'll be trying to locate the big, winged guy, before he gets butchered and sold as a delicacy. Hopefully, we can keep him out of trouble long enough to cause some trouble up thereabouts, dig? anyway, tomorrow morning, ye'll go to one of those buildings and inquire about our captured friends. Be discrete, right? No sense letting the world know we're together, right? If they couldn't figure out from these tattoos, anyway." The captain laughs a strange, complicated little sound. It's kinda hard to tell if he is amused, worried, or just a little mad.

Thrips stopped and took a long look about himself, in both directions, then back at the scene in front of him.
He found it to be rather nerve-wracking indeed. He stuffed his hands back into the pockets of his coat and just slouched observantly to one side of the street for now, keeping a close eye on Frederick's tower and assailants-  save for the occasional nervous glance around.

Just wait and see for now, try and work out what's going on.
Keep an eye on my surroundings as well as the confrontation ahead of me, ideally. If, I don't know... if one of the soldiers seems about to unleash some sort of attack on Frederick, try to come up with a "terrified scream" routine with which to distract them.
One of the guys casts a spell, too quick for you to react to, but as the others suddenly spring into action, you scream with all your might. It sounds more like a war cry than a scream of terror - not helped by the banging of pot with spoon that you do to add to the noise - and two of the three of them turn instantly in your direction. Your scream falters and dies away on your lips as the two rush at you.

Vlad, B team: Collect the weapons the men discard
you gather a handful of short swords, a few maces, and some daggers. A couple bows as well.

Kill the lizards, then. Keeps them from escaping more permanently than taking out the wheels.
(6) v. (3)You attack one of the lizards with beak and claw. Before it reacts, you've landed a half dozen slashes and pecks on hit's scaley hide. They're tough though, and larger than you. You leap back just as the thing snaps it's fanged jaw at your head. You've got it's attention now.

The ones trying to fix the wheels die first, though Dar will keep an eye on any nearby lizards, and switch to them if they start moving towards him.  He'll buff up, strengthening his back legs while lengthening their claws, then pounce onto a neck and rake the spine a few times before leaping to the next victim.

...I don't think this has ever been answered, but I've been wondering, so how much larger did Dar get after his accidentally permanent wild shape in Lathal?  Maine Coon size, or bobcat size?
Maine Coon size. He was normal housecat sized before IIRC, so that's a pretty significant growth in itself. (2) Anyway, a sudden shift of the cart has the group that Dar attacks leaping away at just the worst moment. Dar rebounds off the shifting wagon and has to correct course, making an awkward landing and giving himself away. Everyone jumps back in sudden alarm, going for weapons. 4 v 1. But they all drop dead in a semicircle around him before making a single attack.

Clunkers walks over to the caravan, so that this time everyone can hear him. You'd think yelling with literal metal lungs would do the trick, but apparantly not.

"Restatement: LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS AND FORM A SINGLE FILE ALONG THE ROAD AWAY FROM THE CARAVAN. NON-COMPLIANCE WILL RESULT IN DEATH.

Statement: THIS ONE WILL SECURE THE SLAVES. THIS ONE REQUESTS ITS TEAMMATES TO INTERROGATE THE CARAVAN CREW ABOUT THE CARAVAN'S DESTINATION AND PURPOSE. TRY TO LIMIT LETHAL FORCE TO THOSE WHO RESIST."

Keep an eye on the caravan crew, if any of them try resisting they get a dose of magical heart attack.

Clunkers will go to the wagons to secure the slaves ASAP. Once the slaves are rounded up, Clunkers will move them all to a spot away from the rest of the caravan people and watch over them. Anyone who threatens the slaves gets a full dose of Assume Direct Control, either to stop their heart or to freeze them in place in case they don't happen to have a heart.

Dar attacks a group of the caravaneers, who all leap back and go for weapons. (6) And they all die together, before they know what's happening.

Waiting and hoping the bird-girl kills soon.
She's trying, but she picked a rather large and sturdy creature to attack, for some reason.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 25, 2017, 02:15:51 pm »

Welp, I've got nothing better to do, so I'll sing a bunch of ditties from my home dimension or wherever it is I'm from until someone comes to interact with me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 25, 2017, 02:32:45 pm »

Time to get mad.  Launch, bite the flying thing that has the temerity to not get burnt, and fly away to that warehouse where I last slept.  Hopefully I can eat him.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:37:10 pm by Devastator »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 25, 2017, 09:21:27 pm »

Thrips doesn't hesitate as the unknown soldierly-looking types turn his way, he just chokes out something along the lines of "sorry" whilst simultaneously tossing the noise-making objects in his hands towards his assailants and turning tail to run.

As soon as his panicked mind manages to form some coherent words, he begins adding some frightened, shrill screams to the sound of his rapid footfalls.
"Guards! Help! Guards, guards! Murder! Murderers!! Guaaaards!" then, as he catches his breath from that outburst (whilst still scrambling over the cobblestones with as much speed as his small, nimble frame can manage) a thought occurs to him and he adds, sadly in a tone of voice that is about as commanding as a wet fart - if said fart was scared and running for its life, "Frederick! Frederiiiiiick! Come help heel please help come now! Help! Anyone! Murder! Aaaaaahh!!"

Fling the pot and whatever I was hitting it with at the soldiers and flee, immediately and with great haste.
Scream for help from any and all quarters as I do so - until such a time as I either outdistance my pursuers or spot somewhere like a wall or window I can climb over or through in the hopes of escaping them, in which case I shall switch to stealthy silence, or as close to stealthy silence as I can manage after my sprint.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2017, 09:51:31 pm »

Vlad,b team, go drop the weapons near clunkers and go try to bring up a protection shield around egan
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 25, 2017, 10:16:21 pm »

How do I peck and scratch things while in humanoid form? I know I said to peck that one guy, but that was supposed to be metaphorical, I'm surprised it made him bleed.

"Argh, too hardy for an easy kill. This is no way to get you some death, darling. Hmm. A thought occurs."

Hey, humanoid children are squishy, right? And we weren't told not to kill them, right? It was overlooked, even, right? And I need to kill things to empower my new friend, right? And I can shoot lots of damaging projectiles at once, right?
Ahem.
Shotgun blast to the cages!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 26, 2017, 02:31:33 am »

Placeholder post until Pancaek posts; I want to see if Clunkers yells at Dar specifically.

If Pan's action is irrelevant to Dar, or he doesn't post, Dar will continue attacking people in order of: Anyone targeting him, anyone repairing the wagons, anyone targeting allies, any uncaged twolegs, any caged twolegs.
  Now placeholder post until I'm conscious enough to write a coherent action.  Dar does not kill anyone who doesn't attack him.

Dar'yajira, having been yelled at by an extremely angry and extremely large metal golem, will disengage immediately and hide.  He will avoid engaging both enemies and allies, while carefully watching Clunkers.  Inspect him in detail with druidic sense; do the Lathalian powers add much of anything to the inspection?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2017, 09:30:22 am »

Clunkers, standing near the slave cages, looks over at the four dead men. Then at Dar. Then at the dead men again. Then at Dar again. Inside of him, his gears grind audibly and he starts shaking as a result, and the purple glow in his eyehole grows more reddish and bright.

When he next speaks, it's with his voice amplifiers boosted to max gain.

"STATEMENT: OUR MISSION IS TO SUBDUE THE CARAVAN AND LEARN OF IT'S ORIGINS. THIS ONE REQUESTS THAT IF ITS ORGANIC 'TEAMMATES' ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GIVE IN TO THEIR BASER, MURDEROUS INSTINCTS, THAT THEY AT LEAST KEEP SOME GUARDS ALIVE LONG ENOUGH TO INTERROGATE THEM FOR RELEVANT INFORMATION. ADDITIONALLY, WE ARE TO RESCUE THE SLAVES. OUR MISSION WAS 'FIND AND RESCUE', AFTER ALL.

THIS ONE WILL NOW TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE SLAVES. ANY WHO IMPEDE THIS ONE IN THIS TASK WILL BE DEALT WITH. THAT IS ALL."

As said in the last action, go and collect the slaves. Let them out of their cages/carts and take them to a spot a bit away from the caravan. Gently ask them questions about the caravan and it's origin+destination.

-> Anyone who tries to harm the slaves or resist me freeing them gets either a full dose of Assume Direct Control heart attack (if they're organic/have a heart), or Assume Direct Control to 360 spin and rip off their heads.
 If either of those fail to stop said persons, blast them with a beam from my staff using the frost totem I've got.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 29, 2017, 03:52:20 am »

I agree with his "plan". First I'll try to find some kind make-up or something to hide the tattoo than I'll dress as a typical tourist of that time. Then I'll approach the courthouse.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:56:49 am by Loki987 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 30, 2017, 01:18:03 pm »

Welp, I've got nothing better to do, so I'll sing a bunch of ditties from my home dimension or wherever it is I'm from until someone comes to interact with me.
You annoy all the nearby inmates with your boisterousness. A guard comes into your cell, with a superior smirk on his face. He looks ... well, you know that look all too well. He's here to hurt you. He starts out with a solid kick to your side, which, admittedly, doesn't actually hurt much.

Time to get mad.  Launch, bite the flying thing that has the temerity to not get burnt, and fly away to that warehouse where I last slept.  Hopefully I can eat him.
You leap out of the bell tower suddenly, and soar right at the being. You latch onto it's torso as it emits a surprised bellow. It's like biting stone. you fly over another rooftop or two before you need to drop onto a sloped, ceramic tile roof, your prey squirming and kicking in your jaws.

Thrips doesn't hesitate as the unknown soldierly-looking types turn his way, he just chokes out something along the lines of "sorry" whilst simultaneously tossing the noise-making objects in his hands towards his assailants and turning tail to run.

As soon as his panicked mind manages to form some coherent words, he begins adding some frightened, shrill screams to the sound of his rapid footfalls.
"Guards! Help! Guards, guards! Murder! Murderers!! Guaaaards!" then, as he catches his breath from that outburst (whilst still scrambling over the cobblestones with as much speed as his small, nimble frame can manage) a thought occurs to him and he adds, sadly in a tone of voice that is about as commanding as a wet fart - if said fart was scared and running for its life, "Frederick! Frederiiiiiick! Come help heel please help come now! Help! Anyone! Murder! Aaaaaahh!!"

Fling the pot and whatever I was hitting it with at the soldiers and flee, immediately and with great haste.
Scream for help from any and all quarters as I do so - until such a time as I either outdistance my pursuers or spot somewhere like a wall or window I can climb over or through in the hopes of escaping them, in which case I shall switch to stealthy silence, or as close to stealthy silence as I can manage after my sprint.
(1) you throw a pot at one of the guards, but misjudge your throw and it bounces off an overhang and into your own forehead. You turn to run, but sit heavily on the pavement, whimpering about blood and death. One of the two beings grabs you by the arm and you shout "guards!" in his face, near hysterical. He slaps you across the cheek. "Settle down, son. We are the Guard. Come along. There's a good lad. We'll get you someplace safe now. No fire or getting eaten for you. Come along, that's a good lad." He speaks in a vague attempt at soothing tones, but sounds more crisp and commanding than compassionate. You lose sight of the other guard pretty much immediately.

I agree with his "plan". First I'll try to find some kind make-up or something to hide the tattoo than I'll dress as a typical tourist of that time. Then I'll approach the courthouse.
You find a well stocked dressing room, complete with fleshtoned makeups of various kinds. Of course, "flesh tone" is a bit of a catch-all trm, but you do find some beiges and whites and stuff, mixed in with the browns and yellows and greens and so forth.additionally, there are several costumes available in a closet that cover much of your skin, up to your chin and around your ears. You make yourself up thoroughly, humming all the while, and then execute part b of the grand plan. You arive at the courthouse and enter the public entrance between two rather bored looking guards. You come into a large foyer - mostly empty of people at the current hour. There is a reception desk to one side, a large set of double doors ahead, and a pair of grand staircases arching up around the double doors to a second floor balcony that curves around three of the four sides of the room.

Vlad,b team, go drop the weapons near clunkers and go try to bring up a protection shield around egan
(1) in your hurry, you trip over the discarded weapons and skin a knee.

How do I peck and scratch things while in humanoid form? I know I said to peck that one guy, but that was supposed to be metaphorical, I'm surprised it made him bleed.

"Argh, too hardy for an easy kill. This is no way to get you some death, darling. Hmm. A thought occurs."

Hey, humanoid children are squishy, right? And we weren't told not to kill them, right? It was overlooked, even, right? And I need to kill things to empower my new friend, right? And I can shoot lots of damaging projectiles at once, right?
Ahem.
Shotgun blast to the cages!

(4) yeah, that kills at least one of the children in the cages. Well done. You've pissed off the magical metal golem. Well done.

Clunkers, standing near the slave cages, looks over at the four dead men. Then at Dar. Then at the dead men again. Then at Dar again. Inside of him, his gears grind audibly and he starts shaking as a result, and the purple glow in his eyehole grows more reddish and bright.

When he next speaks, it's with his voice amplifiers boosted to max gain.

"STATEMENT: OUR MISSION IS TO SUBDUE THE CARAVAN AND LEARN OF IT'S ORIGINS. THIS ONE REQUESTS THAT IF ITS ORGANIC 'TEAMMATES' ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GIVE IN TO THEIR BASER, MURDEROUS INSTINCTS, THAT THEY AT LEAST KEEP SOME GUARDS ALIVE LONG ENOUGH TO INTERROGATE THEM FOR RELEVANT INFORMATION. ADDITIONALLY, WE ARE TO RESCUE THE SLAVES. OUR MISSION WAS 'FIND AND RESCUE', AFTER ALL.

THIS ONE WILL NOW TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE SLAVES. ANY WHO IMPEDE THIS ONE IN THIS TASK WILL BE DEALT WITH. THAT IS ALL."

As said in the last action, go and collect the slaves. Let them out of their cages/carts and take them to a spot a bit away from the caravan. Gently ask them questions about the caravan and it's origin+destination.

-> Anyone who tries to harm the slaves or resist me freeing them gets either a full dose of Assume Direct Control heart attack (if they're organic/have a heart), or Assume Direct Control to 360 spin and rip off their heads.
 If either of those fail to stop said persons, blast them with a beam from my staff using the frost totem I've got.

(1) you whip around and stare balefully at the birdgirl as she unleashes a torrent of black feathers into the first cage. The screaming inside tells you all you need to know. Your first attack, with the clockwork magic, fails, (3) but your frost magic immobilizes the foolish thing. It still breathes though - you can see it's breath come out in little puffs.

@Lenglon: this attack does affect Valyrie as well, and, if she doesn't use at least one death's bonus to negate it, will kill her this turn.

Placeholder post until Pancaek posts; I want to see if Clunkers yells at Dar specifically.

If Pan's action is irrelevant to Dar, or he doesn't post, Dar will continue attacking people in order of: Anyone targeting him, anyone repairing the wagons, anyone targeting allies, any uncaged twolegs, any caged twolegs.
  Now placeholder post until I'm conscious enough to write a coherent action.  Dar does not kill anyone who doesn't attack him.

Dar'yajira, having been yelled at by an extremely angry and extremely large metal golem, will disengage immediately and hide.  He will avoid engaging both enemies and allies, while carefully watching Clunkers.  Inspect him in detail with druidic sense; do the Lathalian powers add much of anything to the inspection?
Dar gains a sense of Clunkers' natural workings through his Lathalian Druidic senses. Clunkers is something of a representative of the Plane of Order, filtered through the Earth and Soul spheres.Though clearly of Two-Legs construction, Dar recognizes an independent self-autonomous intelligence in Clunkers. He is a fully sapient living machine. He is in fine working order. His magic is innate and burns out from a core, like heat from a furnace, or like molten steel being poured from a crucible into a mold. Is there anything specific you are looking to discover about Clunkers with this inspection?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44