Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 75434 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #435 on: August 14, 2017, 03:20:55 pm »

((I'm mildly disappointed that you didn't refer to the judge as 'Your Lordship'))
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:37:08 am by Devastator »

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 14, 2017, 03:30:19 pm »

(Darn, your lordship is pretty good. Well, I won't be changing it now. I went with your honour, so I'm gonna stick with it, I guess.)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 14, 2017, 03:49:39 pm »

((I'd like to appolaligze over all the spelling mistakes as of late, trying to use a new and rather shitty keyboard))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 16, 2017, 07:12:47 am »

Smacking his lips with unexpected satisfaction as he lowered the bowl, Thrips was almost able to entirely forget the stresses and urgency of the situation for a moment - but then he caught a snatch of a conversation, something about a "scaly bastard", and the thought of his team of lunatics and their mission (the exact parameters of which he was a bit fuzzy on by this point, but it was certainly dangerous whatever it was) brought him sharply back down to reality- and his lazy eye sharply back into step with its companion.

He narrows said eyes and casts a furtive glance around the room. It still appears that nobody is taking any notice of him.
Well, then... he somewhat reluctantly gets to his feet, clutching his bowl of delightful soup before him, and heads for the door with what he hopes is the kind of purposeful-yet-unobtrusive gait that convinces any onlookers that a person has a good reason to be walking where they're walking, if they even notice them at all.

Casually get up, still holding my bowl of soup, and step outside to take a look around and see if I can find these stables.
Keep my head down and, whilst keeping out of sight as much as possible, act as though I've every right to be wandering the area. Hopefully I can fool the casual observer easily enough. If I hear angry or dangerously-authoritative voices approaching on my way to the stable, do my best to conceal myself from their owners before they spot me.

Sip at my soup here and there when I get a chance.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 17, 2017, 08:39:36 am »

Look around.  How do I feel?  Is there any food or water here?  What's the nature of the room I'm inside?
You feel nauseous and dizzy. The room is dark. The floor is earth, the walls are stone, the ceiling and upper walls are wood. It smells of animals and excrement, of hay and leather.
There is a large pail of water nearby, but you don't see any food.

Ooh, a court! I wonder if they have those poofy wigs.

Subtly gnaw at my gag while I wait for the trial to begin.
(3) you chew leather and prepare to make a scene.

(This might be probably a terrible idea).
Wait for the right moment, if there is no right moment just act anyway.
Waltz confidently to the front.

"I will be defending my client, your honour."
Then when the charges are explained or something. I yell out: "Objection, there has been no physical evidence of these so-called crimes and therefore nothing can be proven."
When I may explain my case, I turn to the crowd and say: "Thank you, your honour. Dear ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Look at this creature and tell me what you see. (dramatic pause) A demon, a monster, a devil? I see a victim, a victim of prejudice and an unfair and unjust society. A society that treats anyone whose different badly. A society that favours the rich but pushes the poor down in the mud. Dou you think this hrrmm... man favoured an education? A steady job? An investigation to prove his innocense? Noo, of course not, that's only for the rich. When I look at this thing I see a hideous creepy metal baby doll, yes... but I also see you. (points at random dude in the crowd), and you and yes, even you! All victims of a poisoned society, when you condemn this man, you only condemn yourselves and you only side with the ones that supress you. Say no. No to unfairness, no to injustice, no to possibly condeming this man to hang. Thank you my honour. I rest my case."
I'm gonna have to roll a lot for this one. On the floor. laughing.
(1) You stride confidently to the front, make your claim to defend the defendant, and are barred from entering the floor by two rather hefty bailiffs, menacing with spikes of leather. You shout "I object!" And the judge shouts "No one asked! Sit down or get out!" The bailiffs don't wait for your compliance and simply grab you by the shoulders and start hoisting.

Smacking his lips with unexpected satisfaction as he lowered the bowl, Thrips was almost able to entirely forget the stresses and urgency of the situation for a moment - but then he caught a snatch of a conversation, something about a "scaly bastard", and the thought of his team of lunatics and their mission (the exact parameters of which he was a bit fuzzy on by this point, but it was certainly dangerous whatever it was) brought him sharply back down to reality- and his lazy eye sharply back into step with its companion.

He narrows said eyes and casts a furtive glance around the room. It still appears that nobody is taking any notice of him.
Well, then... he somewhat reluctantly gets to his feet, clutching his bowl of delightful soup before him, and heads for the door with what he hopes is the kind of purposeful-yet-unobtrusive gait that convinces any onlookers that a person has a good reason to be walking where they're walking, if they even notice them at all.

Casually get up, still holding my bowl of soup, and step outside to take a look around and see if I can find these stables.
Keep my head down and, whilst keeping out of sight as much as possible, act as though I've every right to be wandering the area. Hopefully I can fool the casual observer easily enough. If I hear angry or dangerously-authoritative voices approaching on my way to the stable, do my best to conceal myself from their owners before they spot me.

Sip at my soup here and there when I get a chance.

(2) you step outside but do not see anything like a stable nearby. You walk around to the back of the building - nope, just a guard shack and a training ground back here.

Vlad, b team, go kick the shit out of some of the slavers before looking around to see if anyone has really run off yet.

(3) you go and hit a few assholes for a while. One of them hits you back. You stumble back, blinking tears out of your eyes.

Fly clear of the lizard while its still distracted and keep an eye on it in case its anger at First Wing transfered over to me. while airborne check the surrounding area in case we missed someone. Afterwards land near the golem.
"So where will we move the kids? They're to sick to leave exposed like this. They need food, water, and the attentions of a doctor, or even more will die."
The lizard doesn't respond to you at all. While airborne, yuoctch a glimpse in the distance of what is probably the city these caravans come from. No stragglers from teh convoy are evident.

"So where will we move the kids? They're to sick to leave exposed like this. They need food, water, and the attentions of a doctor, or even more will die."
"Reply: This caravan surely has a supply of water, we will divide this between the kids. After that, we need to find them some shade and contact the Legion for an extraction. We do not have time to organize a picnic, and the children might be so malnourished that giving them food might worsen their states. Also, this one is somewhat unsure if it is wise to let any of its teammates practise their doctoring skills on the tiny organics."

Clunkers eyeglow grows slightly duller and his voice becomes even more monotone, if that's even possible.

"Dejected statement: that is, of course, assuming this one's team can go five minutes without destroying the mission objectives or fighting between themselves. This one will not get its hopes up."

Vlad, b team, gomkick the shit out of some of the slavers before looking around to see if anyone has really run off yet.

"Firm request: Non-useless teammate, please do not forget to ask them for the relevant information about the caravan while you attack them."

Clunkers will gather whatever water supplies this caravan carries and bring it over to the children. any of the slavers who so much attempts to attack/hinder him in keeping these kids safe gets fucking wrecked magically.

ALSO: is it possible for us to contact the legion, through our marks or something? I'm assuming yes, because how else would they expect to know of our failure/succes. If it's possible, do so and give them a situation report.

He will offer the kids water and do the following

Clunkers will approach the tiny organics with the water supplies, crouching down on one knee to get on their level.

"mollifying statement: Greetings, tiny organics. Please, don't panic. Despite what has occured, this one and its teammates are here to rescue you on behalf of the Legion. If you will all just follow our instructions, we will get you somewhere away from the people who captured you as soon as possible. In the meantime, this one would like to offer you all a drink. Please, don't panic."
(5) You compute out a situation report, place it in a crystal, and transfer it to Omega via Brand Symbolism. You have no idea f that worked or not.
(6) The children surge forward almost as one, reaching for the water. In their haste, they begin fighting one another over the proffered drink, biting , clawing, and kicking to be the first to fill their bellies. Those that can move much, anyway. The others simply stare.

...Well, keep trying to take down that lizard.  It's still hostile and dangerous.  Leap back onto the neck and try to rake it open, or if that is infeasible, go for its upper legs and try to cripple it.
(6) v (5) you leap about, nipping at possible weak points, while the lizard turns slowly toward the caravan. You sink your teeth itno a hamstring, causing the lizard to bellow out in rage and pain, and kick you off, sending you tumbling into the sage. The lizard issues a call, echoed by the others, and the three of them turn to chase after you.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 17, 2017, 09:58:22 am »

Vlad B team. Kick the guy in the nuts and tell him slavings bad, mkay.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 17, 2017, 10:29:56 am »

Gnaw gnaw gnaw. Subtly test my bindings for weak points.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 17, 2017, 11:56:14 pm »

Wait a minute for the dizziness to pass.  When feeling slightly better, move my head towards/between my feet, and try to pry my muzzle off between my claws and the stone floor.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 18, 2017, 09:56:48 am »

Upon noticing the metalcat anger the lizards, doing low damage and drawing the ire of a group of them, Valyrie sees both a danger and an opportunity.
Fly above the cat, keeping myself clear of the fighting but easily able to join in quickly.

"Would you like some help getting clear of the lizards?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 19, 2017, 01:51:59 pm »

Start struggling, not in an agressive kicking and biting kind of way but in a I-want-to-stay-here way. Start blurting out the speech (the one above) as fast as I can.  If I have enough time blurt out at the end: "You can't silence the truth!". If no revolt  happened by the crowd yet and I'm about to be thrown out I say: "I have one more point!"
Then I puff up with Demon Dust I try to cover the entire courtroom with it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 19, 2017, 02:53:00 pm »

"Insistant remark: Dear teammates, please do not forget to also interrogate the caravan guards while hurting them. This one currently has its hands full with the children, and cannot do it itself."

Let's put the water into seperate containers and space them out a bit, so everyone can get a share. If that isn't enough to get them to calm down, just stride in their middle and very very gently break them up. Also carry some water to the kids who have gone catatonic. Try to be as non-threatening as I can be.

Also ask them if any among them knows info on the caravan, as typed below. Surely there's one cocky urchin who's talkative inside this gaggle of kids.

"Mollifying statement: Children, please, don't panic. The legion will provide you all with water, food and accomodations in due time. Meanwhile, please stay calm and take some water in an orderly fashion. If any of you can tell this one what happened to you and what these people were planning to do with you, this one would be most appreciative to hear. Please, don't panic."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 20, 2017, 03:08:51 pm »

Dar'yajira doesn't pause to look at Valyrie as he leaps away from the lizard.  "No!" is all he says.

Activate one of the blur gems, and if this is possible, draw on the nature of the sand and become the same color as it.  If it isn't possible, just buff with the wind's speed.

Then, sprint full-tilt away from the lizards, preferably towards the cover of the wagons if the lizards aren't between them and Dar.  If the lizards are in the way, sprint directly away from them for about six seconds before juking to the side and circling around.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 20, 2017, 03:43:26 pm »

"Hehehe, okay! Lemmie know if you change your mind!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 20, 2017, 09:31:13 pm »

Alright, plan 'B' I guess.
Head back towards the door, summon up a miserable sniffle or two, then clutch my bowl as though it's all I have left in the world and go in search of some important-looking person, doing my best to look as wretched and pitiable as possible. It shouldn't be too hard. Once I locate some guard, preferably one who looks like they might be in charge around here, tug at their sleeve and say the following:

"E-erm, excuse me, [SIR/MISS]? I w-was walkin' me da's camel ta the market when, wh-when..." Thrips wipes a gross string of mucus from his face with a balled fist, stifling a (pretend) sob in the process before managing to continue, "The... the dragon! It burnt things an' grabbed me an'... an'... d'you reckon it et me da's camel? One a' the guards what brang me here said they found 'im, an' brought 'im in the stable, but I cain't find it nowhere... please, [SIR/MISS], me da will kill me if'n anything 'appened to that camel, dragon or no! C-can ye show me to th' st-stable, so's I can see if 'e's there?"

That said, sniffle a bit more and go back to slurping sadly at my soup as I await their response. Hopefully my performance was sufficient to melt the stoniest of law-enforcer hearts. Try and think up a suitable name for a camel, in case that comes up at some point. If it looks like they've seen through my act and are about to seize me, do my best to at least finish my soup first.          
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44