Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 76357 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Charity Mission of Murder
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 08:37:54 pm »

Feeling a bit more confident Giglam gets another treat for the drake and while the drake is eating give him a short scratch behind the head

You aren't that bad are you?
((The other two are fine, but it isn't a positive relationship for an animal to know that it can take whatever it wants from someone.  That would be a negative, as the creature can just bully whatever reward it wants out of the person, instead of following orders.))

Growl a bit and get the treat while not allowing the low-ranking shark guy to touch.

((As for flight, given that it's a two-legged drake and hence at least partly hampered on the ground, I'd expect it to be allowed to fly.  Either it returns when it wants to sleep, or it'll returns when tired from flying, or it'll return to be fed or something.  It might also return when called, but that may require hearing whoever is giving the orders.  If you go with that, it might be best to issue whistles or something that make more noise.))
Ok I think I can end my idea of becoming a beast master for a bit

Back away slowly and tell the leader that I dont think the drake will obey me.
Ah, disappointing. Well, no shame innit, no shame.

(2)You kinda stand there and watch as the drake reacts diferently to each of the others. a little nervous, you go to make your next command, but it ends up as a small squeak in your throat.

Go steal that treat with my mouth while this guy is stunned.  Miss the hand and fingers.  Try to miss the hand and fingers?

((I'm also ready for crate anytime.))
(2)You kinda stand there and watch as the drake reacts diferently to each of the others. a little nervous, you go to make your next command, but it ends up as a small squeak in your throat.

Go steal that treat with my mouth while this guy is stunned.  Miss the hand and fingers.  Try to miss the hand and fingers?
If I manage to pass a WIL(?) save hold my nerve, pull the treat back whilst repeating the command more forcefully.
If I
fail the save chicken out, well, just flick the treat up towards the creature's mouth before yanking my hand back to safety, possibly shuffling or even tripping and scrambling backwards at the same time depending on the severity of my failure.    
(5) fortune favors the bold little coward. And you, sir, are one bold little coward. You keep teh treat, step back, and speak your command with force this time. no treat for greedy drake unless it obeys or attacks.

Walk over to the guys with the drake
"How goes the beast?"
Gak decides to graciously wait a bit more and only superficially play around menacingly with his knives.
You guys express varying degrees of patient waiting while all the murderfriends make nice.

Hmm. Try to project a psychic command to the drake. Come. Not direct mind control, just put that word in its head.
(1) you collapse to your knees as a psychic scream resonates inside your skull. You shake your head, thoroughly disoriented. Afer a moment you look around. looks like no one else heard it.

The drake is let into the air to fly for a final test, letting Thrips and Horatio each take a turn calling him down with a whistle. Horatio and Thrips each get a Drake whistle as mission equipment, and are taught the basic commands. That done, Giglam, Frederick (who is fed a drugged meat and sleeps throughout hte trip), and ... ((crap, I don't have Doc's sheet in front of me.)) The bird headed demon all get crated individually, and shoved into a merchant's wagon. Think like the back of a farmer's truck: upright wooden poles with three or four wooden slats run between them. so it's exposed to air but is enclosed. the rest of you are shoved up in the back with the crates, and the commander rides up front with a driver who has yet to speak.

You know you've left Omega when it starts to rain, violently. Additionally, the road becomes less smooth - wheels bouncing in ruts and generally being unpleasant and bumpy. eventually, after what must be hours, houses and buildings begin to dot the sides of the road. Then they come closer together until they are packed in tightly. then the cobblestone starts, and the large holes and bumps are replaced with a smaller, steady rattle. Children and young adults are out in the rain, laughing and playing, running, throwing mud at each other. Young couples are walking arm in arm, hair and clothing soaked. Other folk are sitting on stoops or leaning out of windows and watching the warm, wet night's play.

The cart splashes through some standing water, hits a particularly nasty pothole, and then crosses a bridge that seems much too close to the river, before at last turning into a courtyard and then a barn. Here we are. All out except the cargo. Check the Drake - 'e should be awake by now. feed 'im this if e's still groggy. Yall lot find good spts to wait: our buyer should be here soon. sent a runner, if the lad can keep 'is mind on business with all this wet. Ah, and if there are any people in here besides us - chase 'em out. No witnesses. Preferably leave 'em alive. We don' wanna attract too much attention from the authorities, right?"

The barn is a long line of stalls for horses flanking a wide central aisle. Above the stalls are lofts - one side full of hay, the other full of equestrian equipment. several of the stalls are occupied - probably by animals. There's bound to be a stable boy or two about though.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 08:44:33 pm »

Almost forgot: Please put your character name on your actions for a few turns so I remember them. Exceptions: Frederick, Thrips, Giglam, Caroline/Evelyn

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2017, 08:58:47 pm »

Rolland Bellofer:
Go search for a stable boy and try to quietly sacrifice him to the butcher lord by slitting his throat first, then flaying the skin from his body and breaking his ribs and ripping his heart out to offer up. say the following
"Though I know this is not truly a worthy sacrifice for you, let this quench your thirst for now with the knowledge greater prey shall come later that I shall rend apart and bath in their blood."

the following is not part of the action above, just talking

"Mind if you help me hunt some prey real quick to sate my lord? We'll be quiet and get a kid, not needed. We'll chase the rest off soon enough."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:27:11 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2017, 09:09:34 pm »

Giglam

Stretch and search around for a good place to snipe from when the deal goes down.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2017, 10:18:59 pm »

Wake up from the drugged sleep and fall into non-drugged sleep.  Wake up if it gets noisy, or I smell something delicious.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:21:23 am by Devastator »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2017, 11:19:03 pm »

Wake up from the drugged sleep and fall into non-drugged sleep.
((You sound so much like a cat at the moment))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2017, 12:11:47 am »

Pas'qet

Keep quiet like the good little hook I am.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2017, 02:20:33 am »

Perhaps you do need a reminder that my name is Caroline-Evelyn, not Caroline/Evelyn. :P

That is obviously not the right thing to do. So obviously do it again, as that will gain me farther insight as to what I did wrong. Just try not to be as loud this time.

The above can be accomplished during the cart ride. Once we arrive, look for people in the stable and scare them off.
If you've been paying attention to my character, you should know that being terrifying is easy.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2017, 04:07:52 am »

Gak, which is probably also the noise a few other people are gonna be making at some point in the future

"Non-us people outta here, right-o, bucko!"

Gleefully terrorize any unlucky non-Omega people I find until they either run away or run into something/someone that kills them. Or make enough noise that someone else lets me have more permanent fun with them. Either way, make with the psychological and physical scarring of innocents in the vicinity.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:09:34 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2017, 04:14:15 am »

Horatio Hefford (AKA Huff-Puff)
I ask the boss.
"Hey crazy guy. Are we just going to kill the guy or are we going to infiltrate the gang. Don't get me wrong I like killing criminal scum,
I just believed we were going kill all of them from the inside out."

I look at the drake. If I still need to hide. I puff with griffin's wings (helium like) and hide somewhere on the barn if possible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 12:44:33 am »

Thrips suppresses a shudder as his homicidal teammates go to work, deciding not to pay too close attention to their actions.
Instead he takes a glance over his surroundings, walking out of the barn and having a look around.

Try my best to ignore the horrifying deeds doubtless being perpetrated by my colleagues and instead study the surrounding area.
Is the barn standing on its own, or with other farm buildings? Is there a kitchen? Go check out the kitchen.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2017, 01:33:44 am »

Rolland Bellofer:
Go search for a stable boy and try to quietly sacrifice him to the butcher lord by slitting his throat first, then flaying the skin from his body and breaking his ribs and ripping his heart out to offer up. say the following
"Though I know this is not truly a worthy sacrifice for you, let this quench your thirst for now with the knowledge greater prey shall come later that I shall rend apart and bath in their blood."

the following is not part of the action above, just talking

"Mind if you help me hunt some prey real quick to sate my lord? We'll be quiet and get a kid, not needed. We'll chase the rest off soon enough."

(2) you peek into the stalls along one side of the stable, but don't find any stableboys.

Giglam

Stretch and search around for a good place to snipe from when the deal goes down.
You are supposed to stay in the crate and be all snarly, like a wild animal. You gonna bust out and ruin it? (4) anyway, looking out through te openings, you see that there are numerous hiding places, particularly on the second floor mezzanines along either side of the central aisle. If you choose to come out, you'll have to help stash your crate before you go hide.

Wake up from the drugged sleep and fall into non-drugged sleep.  Wake up if it gets noisy, or I smell something delicious.
"patiently awaiting lunch on the hoof" commences.

Pas'qet

Keep quiet like the good little hook I am.
(4) you only squeak in excitement a little, and quickly cover your orifice in embarrasment. You don't think you've given away the game, though.

Perhaps you do need a reminder that my name is Caroline-Evelyn, not Caroline/Evelyn. :P

That is obviously not the right thing to do. So obviously do it again, as that will gain me farther insight as to what I did wrong. Just try not to be as loud this time.

The above can be accomplished during the cart ride. Once we arrive, look for people in the stable and scare them off.
If you've been paying attention to my character, you should know that being terrifying is easy.

I do. I do need a reminder of what your character's name is. You are no longer exempt from teh "put your name at teh top of the post" rule, Miss Carelyn#Evoline, or whatever it ... *looks at the quote* ... Caroline-Evelyn. See? that was helpful!

(3) The screams almost sound like they are trying to tell you something. That, or you are getting a weirdly catchy alien jingle stuck in your head.

Gak, which is probably also the noise a few other people are gonna be making at some point in the future

"Non-us people outta here, right-o, bucko!"

Gleefully terrorize any unlucky non-Omega people I find until they either run away or run into something/someone that kills them. Or make enough noise that someone else lets me have more permanent fun with them. Either way, make with the psychological and physical scarring of innocents in the vicinity.
(3) You find a stable boy near the end of the central aisle. He seems to have been trying to be inconspicuous. You squeal in murderdoll glee and waddle after him, trying to decide amongst your many knives which to test out on which parts. The boy doesn't give you much chance to truly terrorize him, as he bolts the moment you start forward. He outpaces you pretty quickly, and by the time you reach the stable door, he's nowhere to be seen.

Horatio Hefford (AKA Huff-Puff)
I ask the boss.
"Hey crazy guy. Are we just going to kill the guy or are we going to infiltrate the gang. Don't get me wrong I like killing criminal scum,
I just believed we were going kill all of them from the inside out."

I look at the drake. If I still need to hide. I puff with griffin's wings (helium like) and hide somewhere on the barn if possible.
"Well, we'll find out when the buyer arrives. This is supposed to be an initial meet and greet. We're supposed to make the exchange at another location, where they'll have the goods we want, and the contacts. But it could easily go south, right? this lot? you think it'll go smooth? Nah. Nah, it'll be bumpy. But it's still a win for us, because there're other interested buyers. generate buzz, ya feel? good vibes and rep. street cred. get the word out. Might get a job offer, innit? We could always use the money, right?" He laughs at this last one, that same knee slapping guffaw he did back at base. "anyway, you can't get to the head from the toe if you chop off the foot first, right? the main targets wouldn't be here tonight. gotta work our way in before eating our way out, eh?"

You look at the drake. it is sleeping in it's crate. You wanna puff up inside and float to the ceiling or second floor? or go outside and float to the roof?

Thrips suppresses a shudder as his homicidal teammates go to work, deciding not to pay too close attention to their actions.
Instead he takes a glance over his surroundings, walking out of the barn and having a look around.

Try my best to ignore the horrifying deeds doubtless being perpetrated by my colleagues and instead study the surrounding area.
Is the barn standing on its own, or with other farm buildings? Is there a kitchen? Go check out the kitchen.

It's a stable in a city. It is abutted by several buildings. Looks like the stable is shared by several establishments. One outside wall of the stable is about three feet from one building - leaving a dark, dirty alley between. on the other side the stable has more space, but that's because the building there collapsed into rubble - or at least, this side of it did. The wooden and stone rubble is in contact with the stable, forming a messy, unpassable pile. I mean, people can climb over it without too much trouble, but in combat it's a decent barrier. teh end of the stable you guys entered opens onto a medium sized, poorly maintained road, and the other end opens onto a courtyard. Surrounding the courtyard are three other buildings. there are lights on in two of them. the one on the left has an open door into a kitchen. You wander that way, completely unobstructed. You get yelled at by the matronly cook inside to bring her the damned potatoes, and cut up the carrots already. She ain't got time for your slacking. get to work already. She isn't even looking at you by the time she finishes her tirade. The seven or eight other assistants are doing various chores - or pretending to, as the case may be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2017, 01:49:01 am »

Sleep until something happens.  Food or noise or orders.

Can probably consider those standing orders.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2017, 01:57:28 am »

Gakh'xabnkkvn

The murderdoll frowns in momentary dissappointment. "It's always the young ones that are the most annoying."

Go sneak around and see if I can't find anyone else to murderstalk.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2017, 04:34:24 am »

Chill in the crates for a bit
My Sig

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44