Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 76402 times)

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #465 on: August 25, 2017, 01:02:41 pm »

"Higher Court? What court is higher, is more important than the voice of the people? And I'm sure the people agree with me wholeheartedly. Right?"
Look threateningly at the crowd. While exhaling a small stream of Rotbreath (sickening stuff), trying to look scary. Then go to my teammate and free him.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 01:54:24 pm by Loki987 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 26, 2017, 03:45:27 am »

"Higher Court? What court is higher, is more important than the voice of the people? And I'm sure the people agree with me wholeheartedly. Right?"
Look threateningly at the crowd. While exhaling a small stream of Rotbreath (sickening stuff), trying to look scary. Then go to my teammate and free him.
The crowd looks at you with that expectant mix of fear and uncertainty that indicates they are on the verge of a panicked stampede toward the lowest court they can each individually find - hiding under a bed, locked in a basement, drunk off their asses in dive bars - anywhere but here. Looks like Noble Sentiment does not run deep today. You walk over to your teammate unimpeded.
"Oi! Whose side ya on, ya wankspatter? I were talkin boot the Royal Court up on th' Hill. C'mon, get that git free. we got work to do.

Noo then, yer Right Honorableness The Judge. Run along and tell 'em The Queen's Service seeks audience, right? Say it fancy-like, like we got an appointment or something. Protocol, got it?

Confusion? Perfect! Do by best to free myself from my other bindings.
You get by, with a little help from your friends. This does not placate the chaotic emotions troubling the commonfolk. Not at all. Actually, they seem far less interested in you than in Horatio. But whatever - you can probably fix that little attention deficit problem for the crowd pretty quickly.

Examine my lovely claws, what happened to them?  Also, feel for what materials comprise the muzzle, with face, foot, and tongue.  What does it taste like?  Make another attempt at removing the muzzle, if it's rigid by putting my head on the floor and pressing the muzzle down with a foot, while pulling my head out of it.  If it's soft, by finding a hinge or a nail, or any sharp bits that happen to be on my tail, and try to cut the material or getting leverage to pull it off.  If this is the case, put some heavy force into it, my scales are probably tougher than a soft muzzle.

((I'd also like to know how big the room is.  If this fails, the next try requires freddie to be able to elevate himself off the ground by his wing-joints on the walls, if the room is narrow enough for that, or to put his feet into the ceiling while lying upside down on his wings, if the ceiling is low enough.))
Your claws look to be wrapped tightly, and covered in furs of some kind. The muzzle seems (1) soft and pliable, but firmly and securely bound over your head. Try as you might, you can't quite get purchase on it to pull it off. A nail, on the other hand ... (3) you find something sharp along one wall and begin rubbing the muzzle on it. It bites into your scales and forces you into an awkward position, but you think you'll get it soon. Looks like Freddie is starting to reason and use tools, though he hasn't names for them, or even really the awareness that he is planning.

Noticing the second guard as he slinks away from the desk, Thrips frowns uncertainly at the man before comprehension dawns across his face.
For a moment he pauses mid-stride on his way back to where he'd been sitting, then, after a glance in the unfriendly first guard's direction to make sure he's not observed from that quarter, he sidles quickly over to enter the side hallway he'd been directed towards. He looks back on his way out to flash a surreptitious smile of gratitude towards his unexpected benefactor, although that expression is quickly replaced by a distasteful grimace as he steps through the doorway and out of sight.

Even at his young age and despite his lack of worldly experience, Thrips was not entirely unaware of what a low act it was to prey upon such kindness. Not for the first time, as he makes his way quickly along whatever corridor he finds himself in, he asks himself just why he's doing this. The only answer he could come up with - that he is an Omega now - is hardly satisfactory.
Realising he's getting distracted, he pushes such thoughts from his mind and focuses instead on scanning his surroundings for any sign of a stable, or a doorway or staircase leading to one. He takes another swig of his remaining soup to fortify himself as he does so.

Check and make sure Guard 1 isn't watching, then sneakily make my way through into the hallway Guard 2 indicated, smiling thanks at him as I go. Then explore this new hallway for a way to the stable(s), whilst drinking my soup and/or avoiding any guards who might disapprove of my being there, of course.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"Sooooo, fancy a look at a real, live dragon, eh? Might be able to help you. I might need a little something in order to do so, though, eh? Oh! Don't worry, it's safe enough. Least, safe enough as far as dragons go, eh? Did a real number on the Catchers, but it came down in the end. Bit of excitement, that. So, whatya say? Looking for a little adventure, lad?"

((Yeah, Doc stopped posting back before the riot at the underground fight club. A shame. He's usually pretty entertaining as well, and his characters are quite unique.))

Now tell them this:
"You all have committed horrid acts against your kind and others in support of slavery among other actions, you may either seek death by the blade or serve me and the Omega Legion to find pennance and redemption. Those who wish to join shall bend the knee and pledge their loyalty."

((Totaly not trying to get a personal army or few soldiers here :D))
hmm. Charisma score of 0. (6)As one, all the slavers agree to Serve Omega Legion in exchange for safety. They aren't exactly bright, now are they? A few ofthem offer you personally bribes and power if you'll release them. They just gotta get to their banks, sign a few things, talk to a few people, right?

Dar will lay down beneath a wagon, drop his buffs, and just rest while quietly observing.  Just letting others complete the social part of the mission, though I'm increasingly wondering whether he actually is the most socially impaired character here.

Oh, and the blur gems are once-a-mission.  The enchanter recharges them when Dar returns to base, IIRC.

they sure do make a lot of noise - Omegas, slavers, kitten. It's all the same. Annoying. Your tail twitches spasmodicly - the only indication of your deep frustration at all these so-called sapient beings.

"Hehehe, oh well..."
Valyrie lands near Vlad and Clunkers, and intentionally speaks to them loud enough for the slavers to hear.
"I think you're making things far, faaarrrr to complicated."
"Kill one now, just as an example, then keep killing down the line until you get all the information you want. I'd be happy to help..."

(5) You manage not to create a desperate, angry mob with these rather direct threats. As one, the slavers look towad Clunkers and go silent, eyes shifting, larynxes bobbing as they swallow nervously, hands shifting seemingly randomly.

Clunkers stares at valyrie, while holding onto the scruff of one kids neck.

"Exasperated reply: This one fears if it lets its teammates kill one caravaneer, its teammate's baser instincts will kick in and they will end up killing them all before completing the objective.

Again.

Statement: But by all means, go about it in any way you wish. This one merely asks that its teamates complete the information objective while this one salvages what it can of the search and rescue objective. Use whatever means you deem necessary."

Continue herding the kids with a gentle, though firm, hand. Occasionally ask question about the caravan to them: Where it came from, Who's it is, Where it was going, Where it picked up the kids, etc.

"Request: Tiny organics, please, remain calm and comply with our requests. There will be water, food and shelter for all of you soon enough when you are transported to our base. If you have any questions, this one will answer them promptly, but please remain calm and comply."
You manage to get all the kids settled down. A bloody fucking miracle, really. Naturally, they have no idea who the caravan belongs to or where it's going or any of that. Between a few of the more alert ones, though, you glean out both the point of origin, and a buy/sell point within the city. The starting point for the caravan is a rather typical crossroad supply point next to the river, while the buy/sell point is actually in a rather high end building along a busy trade route in the fancier part of town. The sign on the building is an image oftwo ahnds, holding glowing suns, with a blank banner underneath.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 26, 2017, 04:36:09 am »

((So does this mean I should play Freddie a little smarter?  Because right now he's doing something that's not out of the intelligence range of an average horse.))

Keep working on it.  If it comes off, bite off the wrappings on my claws.  Then drink up, eat the harness/claw wraps if they smell edible, and go to sleep.  If it doesn't come off, roll over and try to shake it off.  If that still doesn't work, time to give up and see if drinking is possible with it on.  Then make a keening noise and rest unhappily.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:58:18 pm by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 26, 2017, 04:53:23 am »

((no, you make a fair point. I overestimated the complexity of what was happening there.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 26, 2017, 05:03:18 am »

((Sorry.  Do let me know if I'm trying something too complicated for him.  This is a little bit of a stretch, as he's trying to break something he can't actually see and won't get him food, but it's not that out of line.  I figure it's a little bit harder than scratching yourself by rubbing up against something.))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:07:20 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 26, 2017, 09:11:44 am »

More talking
"There will be no bribes, no petty attempts at mercy , such actions will omly earn my ire. Now all of you, rise, tell us of this caravan, of its duties.
Where it was traveling to and such.  Be honest and truthful, work to gain my trust and I shall see you suitably rewarded like a knight of Vlad."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 26, 2017, 02:39:39 pm »

Hey, they seem to be making progress!  That's more than expected.  Relax and maybe snooze a little, it should be safe enough; Dar's the same color as the ground and almost all the dangerous enemies are dead.

((Yeah, was gonna say, rubbing against something on a wall to remove something that's stuck on you isn't tool use.  I've seen cats, dogs, and horses all do that to try and remove things like harnesses.  Even fish will sorta slam themselves against stuff in their tank to scratch at itches, which I think is more or less what the mammals are trying.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 26, 2017, 04:31:12 pm »

I'm free from my chair? Quickly, vanish into the crowd! Sneak out of the court room if I can.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 27, 2017, 04:36:48 am »

Sorry I'm a bit confused. Who is talking to me? I thought it was a bailif or something trying to trick me by saying to go to higher court, so he could stretch time until some guards arrive. But now I realise it's probably the captain, allthough I didn't think he came with me. Why would he say these things, we can just run away now? Like I said, sorry a bit confused.

If it is someone that's trying to trick me, I dissappear into the night/day with Gak,
if it is the captain I appologize as below.

"Excuse me captain, the gasses sometimes go to my head, make me a little mad."
((This is true, it is explained in his background). Follow the captain's lead.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 04:41:26 am by Loki987 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2017, 06:18:31 pm »

Clunkers gets down on one knee, closer to the eye level of the kids.

"Appreciative statement: Very good, tiny organics. Your answers have already proven to be quite valuable."

He shoots a look at Vlad and the remaining caravan guards, letting his mechanical gaze linger on the guards for a moment. Then he turns back to the kids.

"Annoyed statement: It would seem that we will be here for a little while longer before we can get the legion to pick us all up, so how about this one plays a little game with you all to pass the time? You may ask this one any question you want, and it will answer."

Let the kids ask Clunkers questions to pass the time. Hope Vlad doesn't fuck this up, but be ready to defend the kids in case the caravan guards decide to do something stupid after all.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 28, 2017, 06:13:05 pm »

"Fiiiiinnnnnneeee."
"Mind if I stay with you Vlad? Just in case?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2017, 07:53:45 pm »

"sure."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 29, 2017, 05:02:51 am »

His eyes wide with excitement, Thrips hurriedly stuffs his hands into the pockets of his coat, rummaging about for a while before tugging them back out again, fist clenched around a bunch of coins. 
As he thrusts the handful of coins at the man he nods, rapidly, in the affirmative - what young lad wouldn't jump at the chance to see a dragon?! Nothing suspicious about that, surely. He does make an effort to replace his stress-strained grimace with a smile, though.

Agree enthusiastically to go see this real, live dragon!
As for the "little something" mentioned, take out half of my coins and give them to the guy. Ought to be enough, I imagine.

Edit:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:06:26 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2017, 05:14:11 am »

Into Vlad I go!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2017, 03:11:12 pm »

((So does this mean I should play Freddie a little smarter?  Because right now he's doing something that's not out of the intelligence range of an average horse.))

Keep working on it.  If it comes off, bite off the wrappings on my claws.  Then drink up, eat the harness/claw wraps if they smell edible, and go to sleep.  If it doesn't come off, roll over and try to shake it off.  If that still doesn't work, time to give up and see if drinking is possible with it on.  Then make a keening noise and rest unhappily.
(1) you manage to get hung up on the sharp thing for a bit, but you can't get leverage to pull the thing off, nor does it cut through. irritated, you huff a bit, then splash around in the water trough, spilling water in annoyance. Once you calm down a little, drinking presents no problem. You whine at the walls and flop onto the ground, but rest eludes you, for whatever reason.

More talking
"There will be no bribes, no petty attempts at mercy , such actions will omly earn my ire. Now all of you, rise, tell us of this caravan, of its duties.
Where it was traveling to and such.  Be honest and truthful, work to gain my trust and I shall see you suitably rewarded like a knight of Vlad."

(2) the crowd seems to have lost interest in your words, what with the three of you acting in such fine discord. Overall, they seem most interested in not pissing off the big metal man, as they seem to view him as the biggest threat, and yourself as mostly an annoyance. Also, it's noon, and you are starting to feel the effects of the heat - sunburn, dehydration - the works. The desert, man. It sucks  the lifre right out of a person.

Hey, they seem to be making progress!  That's more than expected.  Relax and maybe snooze a little, it should be safe enough; Dar's the same color as the ground and almost all the dangerous enemies are dead.

((Yeah, was gonna say, rubbing against something on a wall to remove something that's stuck on you isn't tool use.  I've seen cats, dogs, and horses all do that to try and remove things like harnesses.  Even fish will sorta slam themselves against stuff in their tank to scratch at itches, which I think is more or less what the mammals are trying.))
You chill out under the shade of a large rock, until that shade is completely gone. it's noon now, and getting hot. I mean, even for the desert. Waves of heat are rolling up from the ground, making things in the distance appear blurry and indistinct.

Clunkers gets down on one knee, closer to the eye level of the kids.

"Appreciative statement: Very good, tiny organics. Your answers have already proven to be quite valuable."

He shoots a look at Vlad and the remaining caravan guards, letting his mechanical gaze linger on the guards for a moment. Then he turns back to the kids.

"Annoyed statement: It would seem that we will be here for a little while longer before we can get the legion to pick us all up, so how about this one plays a little game with you all to pass the time? You may ask this one any question you want, and it will answer."

Let the kids ask Clunkers questions to pass the time. Hope Vlad doesn't fuck this up, but be ready to defend the kids in case the caravan guards decide to do something stupid after all.
The kids all seem either hesitant, unhappy, or exhausted. The ungrown bipeds seem to have even less stamina than your average organic.

Into Vlad I go!
Alright. You settle in as you did with birdgirl.

I'm free from my chair? Quickly, vanish into the crowd! Sneak out of the court room if I can.
Easily said, (6) easily done. You pass through the crowd almost as if it wants you to leave, and dart out into a hallway. You look about, seeing only a few doors on one side of the hall. The hall turns to wrap around the courtroom at either end. You hears ome footsteps, followed by some voices coming from the left. Sounds military.

Sorry I'm a bit confused. Who is talking to me? I thought it was a bailif or something trying to trick me by saying to go to higher court, so he could stretch time until some guards arrive. But now I realise it's probably the captain, allthough I didn't think he came with me. Why would he say these things, we can just run away now? Like I said, sorry a bit confused.

If it is someone that's trying to trick me, I dissappear into the night/day with Gak,
if it is the captain I appologize as below.

"Excuse me captain, the gasses sometimes go to my head, make me a little mad."
((This is true, it is explained in his background). Follow the captain's lead.
Your confusion is understandable, but yes, it's the Captain. The orange accent should give it away. And his first speech was addressed at the court rather than at you, but again, you had no real way of knowing that, even IC, (again, except for the accent) so your reactions are perfectly fine.

No worries, lad. You made our point perfectly clear, I think. Well done. A performance worthy of the Queen's Stage itself, if I may say so. Come on, then, let's go cause some more trouble.

His eyes wide with excitement, Thrips hurriedly stuffs his hands into the pockets of his coat, rummaging about for a while before tugging them back out again, fist clenched around a bunch of coins. 
As he thrusts the handful of coins at the man he nods, rapidly, in the affirmative - what young lad wouldn't jump at the chance to see a dragon?! Nothing suspicious about that, surely. He does make an effort to replace his stress-strained grimace with a smile, though.

Agree enthusiastically to go see this real, live dragon!
As for the "little something" mentioned, take out half of my coins and give them to the guy. Ought to be enough, I imagine.

Edit:

"Ah, I see we have an understanding. Good on you, lad. Let's go. This way."
The officer leads you outside again, and down a back alley a ways. it's a clean alley - the kind you used to see in the more well kept parts of the city, back when you ran errands just to get out of the kitchen away from ... you shudder a bit at the memory. The officer leads you to a stairway along the outside of what you recognize to be a stable, though a bit more sturdy and ... fortified ... than you are used to. He motions for you to be quiet, and takes you up the stairs to a door along a balcony. He knocks on the door quietly, and in a moment, it is opened from within. a few words are exchanged, too low for you to follow, and another officer - a young man, nearly your own age, exits, glancing quickly at you before looking firmly at wherever he is going. The first officer then gestures you inside, and follows, closing the door softly behind.

You hear a lot of splashing, and peek over a shoulder high wall, looking into a dark room. Before your eyes adjust to the dark, a creature below lets out a keening whine - and you recognize Frederick immediately. "Wanna feed it, lad?" The officer whispers.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44