Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 76279 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #555 on: September 19, 2017, 05:19:23 pm »

Look at Dar for a moment. If he doesn't start making his over to the caravan himself, go pick him up. If I do, make sure to tell the caravaneers that I will be right back and there will be hell to pay if they try anything funny while I'm gone.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 19, 2017, 09:58:06 pm »

(( * syv high-fives Lenglon ))

Dar will continue to lay there, cooling off and gathering his thought.  If the caravan catches up, he'll board and find some shaded spot to lie in--but he won't backtrack to find them without a reason.  If Clunkers comes towards him, he'll get up to avoid the robot, going back to the caravan and keeping at least ten feet between the golem and himself.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 19, 2017, 10:54:38 pm »

"Y-yes, right-o..."
Thrips mumbles some agreement whilst allowing himself to be led outside.
He turns to watch the guard go back inside, then once unobserved the boy lets out a long, stress-fuelled exhalation of relief.
Looking around himself, then glancing back at the station for a moment, he eventually decides to move on, shuffling down the street with a distracted expression, thrusting his hands back into his coat pockets.

Breathe a sigh of relief, then once I've calmed down a bit wander off whilst planning my next move.
What time is it? What kind of area am I in? Make sure to remember, at least approximately, the location of the stable. Also try to recall if the team was given any instructions as to where to regroup in the event of being separated, or at least a means of contacting one another.   

If I spot any nice cafes or restaurants along the way, go in and sample some of the local cuisine and a beverage of some sort - I still have a bit of money, right? A bit o' food and drink couldn't but help with the jailstable-break planning.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 20, 2017, 09:53:16 am »

"So what...happened?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 21, 2017, 07:13:41 am »

>.> not really better. Egan and Sy were right. I was in the wrong to be upset.
I want to take the win anyway because its not my character that was endangered by my mistake though, if thats okay, but I was in the wrong before.
Val's action last turn was my best attempt to rationalize her mistake, not a retcon request. The action result of before where she was sucfocating vlad... it was perfectly legit. I wasn't thinking clearly when I reacted to it, sorry.
Just... kinda putting that out there, no need to act on it in any way.

Give Vlad the water I'd set aside for him, and await his reaction to the situation.
I changed nothing in regards to gameplay. I onoly changed the flavor text, so no worries there. All rolls and actions posted this last round were legit.

crawl for water.
you Drink some water and feel nauseous. the water stays down though.

(( * syv high-fives Lenglon ))

Dar will continue to lay there, cooling off and gathering his thought.  If the caravan catches up, he'll board and find some shaded spot to lie in--but he won't backtrack to find them without a reason.  If Clunkers comes towards him, he'll get up to avoid the robot, going back to the caravan and keeping at least ten feet between the golem and himself.
Dar returns to the caravan and gets up in one of the carts.

Look at Dar for a moment. If he doesn't start making his over to the caravan himself, go pick him up. If I do, make sure to tell the caravaneers that I will be right back and there will be hell to pay if they try anything funny while I'm gone.
Dar seems content to lay there. So you make your threats and go to get him. And, as expected of an organic, he does exactly the opposite of what you want. Well, in the end he is in the caravan. You grumble mechanically to yourself, make soem idle threats at the universe, give a little more water to the remaining children, and dump Vlad into a cart.

Alright, so, all wrapped up here? Everyone in the cart now? ready to ride to town? Yeah, let's do that, eh?
You lot ride, walk, float and in general locomote toward town with the caravan. Clunkers locates a resting place located next to a sealed well on the way, and makes hte slavers fetch water for everyone. he inspects the water for spittle upon their return and hands out a few beatings, and then makes the slavers fetch more water with less bodily fluid content. And so the afternoon passes into evening before you arrive on the outskirts of town. The sun has set, and dusk is fading into night.

((Roger.  Sometimes I'm just dumb and need it explicitly spelled out for me.))

Make another attempt at removing that muzzle using the nail, this time knowing where it locks onto my head.  If that fails, try to cough up a little firebreath out of the muzzle and onto the foot wrappings.
(5) At first, Frederick has the same luck as before wit hte nail, but with a little patience, he discovers the mechanism which holds the muzzle on, and with a twist and a click, the muzzle loosens off his face. It remains hanging on him, to outward appearance still fastened. (6) unfortunately, the guard posted above was told to keep an eye out for this kind of thing, and having had experience with horses and the like, knew what to look for. He shouts suddenly, and rings a loud bell. Reminds Frederick of home, a little. It's still alarming. Heh. Alarming.

"Y-yes, right-o..."
Thrips mumbles some agreement whilst allowing himself to be led outside.
He turns to watch the guard go back inside, then once unobserved the boy lets out a long, stress-fuelled exhalation of relief.
Looking around himself, then glancing back at the station for a moment, he eventually decides to move on, shuffling down the street with a distracted expression, thrusting his hands back into his coat pockets.

Breathe a sigh of relief, then once I've calmed down a bit wander off whilst planning my next move.
What time is it? What kind of area am I in? Make sure to remember, at least approximately, the location of the stable. Also try to recall if the team was given any instructions as to where to regroup in the event of being separated, or at least a means of contacting one another.   

If I spot any nice cafes or restaurants along the way, go in and sample some of the local cuisine and a beverage of some sort - I still have a bit of money, right? A bit o' food and drink couldn't but help with the jailstable-break planning.

I haven't really been keeping track of your income and expenditures, so let's roll to see how low on funds you are: (6) hey, you still have enough for a meal and possibly a room at an inn. (3) you remember vaguely directions toward a safehouse or something, but all you know is that it was probably on the other side of the river. As you ponder this, the sun setting in the distance, and eat your brain food (which might actually have some brains in it), you hear a loud bell and some kind of warning trumpet ... from right where you wish it weren't coming from - somewhere close to the stable.

Gak grumbles at being made to do things, not that he wouldn't enjoy doing some of them probably, but being told to do it cramps his style.

Let's see where this goes, shall we? Be reasonably cooperative for the moment.
You walk up to the guards and start "cooperating." (2) "Aight, lads. Get the fook outta the way! You do not want me ta shank ye! Or worse! I have more terrible accents than this one! Have at you! Bastards!" Well, that's one way to do it, I suppose. The Captain chuckles in the background.

Engulf them by paralosis (paralyzing them).
Sighing, yu shake your head and look bemusedly at the little monster swearing at the guards. Theyn you inhale, and breathe (6) And hte two go completely rigid, except their eyes, which light with an inner panic as their bodies slowly are covered in tiny black speckles. Meanwhile, black crystals crackle up out of your skin as well, though they do not immobilize you.
"Dammit, I'd kill that spider woman, if she weren't already dead!"

Give 'em a right pokin'.
Undeterred by the black speckles erupting on the two guards, you feast, and they die, still immobilized upright. Satisfied, you turn to the others and smile horribly.

"Right then, Three streets up, and we're there!"
The captain leads you guys up to a fancy manor. The sun has set, lights are shining out of hte windows, and it is evident that an event is going on inside, due to the movement, noise, and aromas. He speaks i nan unusually serious tone as you take stock of the area. "Just here to make an announcement is all. Here's what I want: Their attention. All of it on us. I want them to know what the consequences of defying the Queen are. This city has broken faith, disobeyed our Law, and grown wealthy off slave trading while stealing from the Queen herself. This is not to happen. I'll leave it up to you as to how to get their attention, eh? Horatio, you are a wonderful orator. Please, be Her Majesty's Mouthpiece?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 21, 2017, 10:58:02 am »

Does the guard seem to be getting ready to hurt me?  If so, fire, then chew away at the cloth coverings over my talons.  If the guard doesn't seem to be doing anything, just make with the chewing and swallowing.

If the talon coverings don't come off simply, set them on fire and see if that loosens them up.

After that, time to try and unfold my wings, the bell means something bad is going to happen, like foam sprays! I need to be able to move.  Roll over several times violently if the wings still aren't free.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:29:14 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 21, 2017, 11:10:57 am »

Continue to drink water aand search through the cart, look for any weaponry that may be of use
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 21, 2017, 11:20:57 am »

"You stood out exposed to the desert sun until you passed out from heat stroke. I got you into a cart and tried to cool you down."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 21, 2017, 11:46:58 am »

"Oh, thanks....suppose I need to be more careful"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 21, 2017, 12:37:19 pm »

"Wait, you mean I'm allowed to do whatever I want to the people in there?"

Pull out my remaining knives, or find something sharp nearby. Prepare for enjoyment.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 22, 2017, 02:30:53 pm »

"Statement: So, we have arrived. Does anyone know where we are supposed to meet up with the other team?"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 22, 2017, 07:37:35 pm »

Pas'qet frowns, tapping his beak thoughtfully. "Hmm... Pas'qet's'more of an stealthily rouge than attentioning getter. But I supposition we could expanse.  I knowing! The youngin and I's could get some attention with a spot of pokeling or screamings or light on fire or somesuch, and then Horbliot can give hims some speech about slavers and duty and lawyerins and yadda and the omegle nest queen and all that once them attentions were got. Do it reallily clever' diplomaticy-like."

Pas'qet pokes Gak on the forehead with a stray quill.

"Boss gave us the biggin' ol' green lights. Whaddyasaying, my littlest manling?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 22, 2017, 08:13:52 pm »

Pas'qet frowns, tapping his beak thoughtfully. "Hmm... Pas'qet's'more of an stealthily rouge than attentioning getter. But I supposition we could expanse.  I knowing! The youngin and I's could get some attention with a spot of pokeling or screamings or light on fire or somesuch, and then Horbliot can give hims some speech about slavers and duty and lawyerins and yadda and the omegle nest queen and all that once them attentions were got. Do it reallily clever' diplomaticy-like."

Pas'qet pokes Gak on the forehead with a stray quill.

"Boss gave us the biggin' ol' green lights. Whaddyasaying, my littlest manling?"
"I only caught a third of that shit, but what got through sounds good for my ears. Fuck yeah, porcupine demon thing."

Follow Pas'qet's plan, whatever it is.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 22, 2017, 08:44:00 pm »

"Issssnots shit. It's strategy, ya cobbler-assed simbledon.

Well, seen as how I's were in all in agreelment*, supposition let's getting gone. Anna one and a two and a-"

Burst into the building, full phase shift, and let loose a coo of war. Skewer and drain the first person I encounter, preferably in full view of everyone present, and toss their skin at my feet. Smash something. Maybe several somethings. Yell something about how they've all been very naughty, and the King or Queen or whatever functions as a nest mother in this absurd plane is very disappointed in them, I guess because they've mishandled her slaves? Something like that. And now that I have their attention could they please give it up for my gaseous friend Hoblano, who has a very important speech he'd like to share with them if they'd just direct their attention this way. Thank you. Woolooloo.

Gak... can do whatever Gak's impulses tell him to do, it's not like Pas'qet has actually thought that far ahead.

((*I'm not one for telling other players what to do... but this would be a great point for Horatio to suggest an alternative plan.))

EDIT: less murder
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:06:37 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44