Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 76419 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #585 on: September 26, 2017, 12:29:36 pm »

I suppose we'll head over to the safehouse to see if Command can't take these kids off of our hands there

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 26, 2017, 09:52:21 pm »

Caught entirely off-guard by this development and on the verge of panic, Thrips hesitated for a long moment (a whole turn, in fact!) with his eyes wide in the direction of the inn's door and a utensil laden with food halfway to his lips. At length, he frowns sadly at his meal, eats that last mouthful with haste and hops to his feet.

He casts a quick glance around the common room, vaguely hoping not to see anyone who looks the sort to eat somebody else's food, then hurries out the door. Only then does he really begin to worry about just what might be going on, as opposed to his abandoned meal...

Finish one last bite of whatever-it-is that I'm eating, then head speedily back to the stable to see what's going on and assess the situation.
Oh, and of course, if on my way out I see the proprietor of the inn, or a waiter/waitress or whoever served me, mumble some apology and tell them I shall be back shortly to finish my meal. Hope to myself that this turns out to be the case.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 29, 2017, 03:53:37 pm »

No, it does not require assent, though Omega wants me to ask for permission first before using it on teammates. Val already got Vlad's permission though.
Okay

Look about the caravan, talk to the slaves and slavers and try to get to know them. Also, do I have any weapons on me or do I need to steal borrow some
The slavers are gone, dude. The slaves are sleeping after a long thirsty day in a cage. I don't remember, did you bring any weapons on this adventure? If not, you needed to loot. If you haven't looted any, then you still need to. I'm assuming you are weaponless as of now, since you didn't keep track and neither did I.

Dar'yajira shall continue to laze as only a cat can.
Sure. Bunch a useless hangers on. Only one competent character in the whole damned party -grumble-

I suppose we'll head over to the safehouse to see if Command can't take these kids off of our hands there
You arrive at the safehouse - this one, that I already dropped you at:
farsight yields nothing, so you just go by memory, which directs you to a three story tenement building.
. Instructions for creating a portal have been downloaded into your memory banks. These instructions will self destruct as applied, because magic. You will require: marking items, six large flat surfaces. something imbued with magical power, something imbued with locomotive power, two lenses, a light source. You must essentially encase the room in magical markings, create a directed beam of light through the lenses, and destroy via magic the locomotive item, while activating the Omega Brands of all those present. Those with the Mark must chant the proper stuff as well. I'm not writing that mumbo jumbo down for you, just assume you teach them the spell. Of course, some have lower memories than others, so good luck with that. Anyway, all beings to be transported must be connected, and within the bounds of the portal spell at the time of activation.

Notes: the more magical power, the better. The more marked the room is, the better. The more lenses focusing light onto a specific point, the better. The more voices in concert, the better.

"Arson party!"

Set more things on fire!
(2) you race toward the next lamp, but going against the tide of the crowd proves challenging. Even in full on "stab em in the knee until they move outta the way" mode. Well, at least the screams and tears make the trip worthwhile.

it looks like pas'qet's plan is to knock shit over and babble

((Damn straight.))

"YOU HEARD THE LAW, QUIRE-FUCKLERS. GETTING UNDER ARREST RIGHT NOW, PEASANDQUIETLIKE. REISTLANCE ARE FORTUITILE."

Dash into the nearest crowd, giving anyone who stands in my way a mouthful of quills. Once I've forced my way to the front, barricade the exit they're fleeing towards. Instruct those who like their intestines where they are to surrender at once.
(3) you dash into the crowd and (3) poke a few people. You fail to get to the front, but have succeeded in creating a small space around yourself. The group is stararting to thin. People are escaping!

"Bird, pigeon guy hold your breath."
Try to fill the room with Paralosis (paralyzing stuff).
(3) you fill an area with paralosis. About a dozen people freeze up and topple over. About a third of the crowd has escaped at this point, and you have about a quarter of the remaining ones trapped.

(2) and to add insult to injury, the curtain that was on fire gets torn down and burns itself out.

Get out of here by flying and breaking through walls, lest I be violently rearranged.  Maybe there will be food outside.  Am I hungry?
(1) you must have hit a beam, because you rebound from the wall, quite dizzy. No, you are not hungry, you literally ate two turns ago (or so, I don't remember, but it was like, half an hour in game time).

Caught entirely off-guard by this development and on the verge of panic, Thrips hesitated for a long moment (a whole turn, in fact!) with his eyes wide in the direction of the inn's door and a utensil laden with food halfway to his lips. At length, he frowns sadly at his meal, eats that last mouthful with haste and hops to his feet.

He casts a quick glance around the common room, vaguely hoping not to see anyone who looks the sort to eat somebody else's food, then hurries out the door. Only then does he really begin to worry about just what might be going on, as opposed to his abandoned meal...

Finish one last bite of whatever-it-is that I'm eating, then head speedily back to the stable to see what's going on and assess the situation.
Oh, and of course, if on my way out I see the proprietor of the inn, or a waiter/waitress or whoever served me, mumble some apology and tell them I shall be back shortly to finish my meal. Hope to myself that this turns out to be the case.

(1) oyu leap up, nearly choking on your last bite, ending up spilling most of the food and coughing out the rest. People's eyes are on you, and you shrink within yourself as much as possible, mumbling bleak apologies as you sidle away from the dining hall. Once outside, you head toward the stable. Getting close, you see a number of the city guard rushing to and fro, wielding weapons and gathering water in buckets, nets, and setting up pedestals with braziers on top. Wonder what that's about.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 29, 2017, 04:06:48 pm »

Maybe the hallways are a better way out.  Fly up and head down some of them looking for an exit.  Roar if anything gets in the way, but just push past people who aren't attacking.  Set things on fire if I get lost or confused or wounded, or if someone looks to be attacking.  If I find an outer wall with sunlight behind it, bash away with my tail until I'm free.

((I know he just ate, but he had a busy day yesterday, and.. dragon.  Think of it as me asking if he's satisfied with the meal.  If he was still hungry I'd probably have him looking for a horse rather than just breaking out.))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:22:47 am by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 29, 2017, 05:13:41 pm »

Go loot a weapon or something usable at a weapon like a table leg, in the cart..., I think I got one at some point and forgot.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 29, 2017, 06:02:05 pm »

"NOTHING EVER GOT DONE BY QUITTING EARLY!"

I'm setting this house on fire, by golly!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 30, 2017, 10:02:19 am »

"Displeased statement: Truly, the legion has no simpler method of doing this? Could they not have issued us some scrolls of teleportation at the start of this mission? What a mess.

Allright comrades, here's what we need for the teleportation spell to get the kids to Omega: marking items, six large flat surfaces. something imbued with magical power, something imbued with locomotive power, two lenses, a light source.

This one can source lenses from its staff. The six flat surfaces will be the walls, ceiling and floor of one of the rooms in the safehouse. The rest, however, we will have to find somewhere. Get to it so we can get finally get this over with."

Lenses will come from my staff, but only take them out once we've found all other items. Flat surfaces will be walls/ceiling/floor of the room, since I believe that's what's implied here.
Try to find something to mark with. Alternatively, would would gouging the markings into the surfaces with my metal finger/a knife work as well?

Also see if I can't spot a light source and something with locomotive power in the safehouse somewhere.
PS: What is the magic infused item for? I don't see it used in the recipe. I'm assuming I can just destroy the locomotive thingy with my own magic. 

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 30, 2017, 06:58:55 pm »

Stick my beak straight out in front of me and phase shift towards the exit, without bothering to dodge anything between me and it. If I make it there, park myself in the doorway and repeat the prior threat.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 01, 2017, 02:43:49 pm »

(woops, sorry for the late reply)
"No, do NOT. Set everything on fire. Bird, please stop your friend."
Do it again, fill the room again with paralosis.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 03, 2017, 03:49:46 am »

Dar'yajira will leave, and start exploring the city, trying to stay out of sight of twolegs.  He doesn't feel any need to help Clunkers, but will keep an eye out for the items it described.  Dar will also keep an eye out for the team we were sent in to assist, or anything else of note.  Twolegs "abusing" animals definitely counts as something of note, by the by.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 03, 2017, 07:19:37 am »

Maybe the hallways are a better way out.  Fly up and head down some of them looking for an exit.  Roar if anything gets in the way, but just push past people who aren't attacking.  Set things on fire if I get lost or confused or wounded, or if someone looks to be attacking.  If I find an outer wall with sunlight behind it, bash away with my tail until I'm free.

((I know he just ate, but he had a busy day yesterday, and.. dragon.  Think of it as me asking if he's satisfied with the meal.  If he was still hungry I'd probably have him looking for a horse rather than just breaking out.))
You begin flying down the main hallway. A line of soldiers blocks your path with polearms (long pointy sticks aimed in your direction.) and shiny shields. Very shiny shields.

Go loot a weapon or something usable at a weapon like a table leg, in the cart..., I think I got one at some point and forgot.
table leg get!

"NOTHING EVER GOT DONE BY QUITTING EARLY!"

I'm setting this house on fire, by golly!
(4) there ya go. you set a couple of sofas and an armchair on fire. Someone says "My word!" In a shocked voice. Someone else gasps.

"Displeased statement: Truly, the legion has no simpler method of doing this? Could they not have issued us some scrolls of teleportation at the start of this mission? What a mess.

Allright comrades, here's what we need for the teleportation spell to get the kids to Omega: marking items, six large flat surfaces. something imbued with magical power, something imbued with locomotive power, two lenses, a light source.

This one can source lenses from its staff. The six flat surfaces will be the walls, ceiling and floor of one of the rooms in the safehouse. The rest, however, we will have to find somewhere. Get to it so we can get finally get this over with."

Lenses will come from my staff, but only take them out once we've found all other items. Flat surfaces will be walls/ceiling/floor of the room, since I believe that's what's implied here.
Try to find something to mark with. Alternatively, would would gouging the markings into the surfaces with my metal finger/a knife work as well?

Also see if I can't spot a light source and something with locomotive power in the safehouse somewhere.
PS: What is the magic infused item for? I don't see it used in the recipe. I'm assuming I can just destroy the locomotive thingy with my own magic. 

gouging the markings into the surface would work, but you'd need a knife rather than your finger. burning the markings in would work as well.

(6) you find various methods of lighting fires all around you. You also find lots of things that move under their own control: people, rats, fleas, Dar. There are carriages outside, but you'd have to magic one to make it run on it's own.

Also, floors walls and ceilings is correct.

Stick my beak straight out in front of me and phase shift towards the exit, without bothering to dodge anything between me and it. If I make it there, park myself in the doorway and repeat the prior threat.
(1) You end up with your head caught in the railings of one of the ornate banisters. This does not discourage you from issuing your threats.

(woops, sorry for the late reply)
"No, do NOT. Set everything on fire. Bird, please stop your friend."
Do it again, fill the room again with paralosis.
(6) you manage to paralyze everyone in the room this time. Except, oddly enough, your teammates.Black tendrils race out with your breath, interconnecting every living thing in the room. It also touches the fires that have been started, freezing them into an unsettling black brightness, an immobile dance, an unending consumption. You feel the collective horror of your victims as their minds scream in unison, slowly raising in pitch, but never quite reaching a crescendo.

Dar'yajira will leave, and start exploring the city, trying to stay out of sight of twolegs.  He doesn't feel any need to help Clunkers, but will keep an eye out for the items it described.  Dar will also keep an eye out for the team we were sent in to assist, or anything else of note.  Twolegs "abusing" animals definitely counts as something of note, by the by.
(3) you find the usual detritus of a city. lots of stuff to mark stuff with, including the usual cat methods - claws and scent glands. Lots of life, including two legs. No apparent abuse -not even a horse carriage on the move. A dog barks in the near distance. Perhaps it is being oppressed by it's two legs' overlords.

As for the other team, (4) well, all signs point to them not being anywhere near here. Perhaps the rumors of the street can help you out there.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 03, 2017, 08:32:30 am »

"We should go hunting. I can give you much more if I become stronger. Right now, anyone will do."
"Im not on a tight time limit anymore, should be good for about five days or so, but I have a long way to go and grow from my current state. I dont need any exceptional targets or whatever, just nomal, average people will do nicely."

((Note: Val is lying here. she actually has a week. She is saying 5 days because the penalties for going over the time limit are severe.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 08:34:06 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 03, 2017, 09:08:15 am »

Go set the floor on fire beneath their feet.  If one of them fumbles a shield, grab it with my uninjured claw.  In any case, pass through the line once they've scattered from the fire a bit, and head out the building.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 04, 2017, 12:15:09 am »

De-bannister myself, marvel at the fact that everybody stopped fleeing, and feel very proud of my accomplishment.

"Well she'll be adorned, the quire-fucklers listeninged. Snotallbad for Pas'qet'll first ago at them less of strategeler arts."

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44