Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 75472 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #615 on: October 09, 2017, 08:58:44 am »

"I thoughting we dones real gort, chapstain. What'd did wrong?"

Grab anything shiny I see off the nearby corpses, and toss it in my head bag. Fail to understand what went wrong.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:23:34 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 09, 2017, 03:24:20 pm »

Inscirbe the walls, and generally get everything else into place for the spell, including the lenses from my staff.

Then have a think, if I do this on my own since teammates seem more interested in faffing about, what are my chances of succes? If they're higher than, say, 75%, just go for it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 14, 2017, 02:33:21 am »

Sorry been busy and distracted, and damn I wanted to enslave liberate them. Well go wander about for a little pick pocket to club to death or aomething,
Before we go follow clunkers

(1) you get hopelessly lost, and are set upon by a band of burly teens.
Look, fellas, a visitor! I bet he wants to try out our new toys! You guys think he wants to try out our new toys?
something glints in their hands.

Fly to the warehouse and sleep it off with everyone else.
You fly to the safehouse and tear your way through a window. A large metal man turns toward you at the sound, staff raises, cloak billowing, Brand glowing ever so slightly.

"No it wasn't! I got this kickass bowl! It's shiny and shit. Besides, what even was the thing we were supposed to do? All we really did was wander around starting riots and setting shit on fire. Not that that wasn't fun, of course."

Admire my loot.
shiiiiiiiiny! (5) you peer into the bowl. Your reflection peers back for a moment, and you admire your rather marred appearance. Battle scars sure are sexy, right? your image flickers, and scenes from around the city take it's place, one after the other. You recognize the burning husk of a building you just left, several scenes oferotic play, some guy about to get trashed by a gang, more sex scenes, a couple of old people sitting around an ornate wooden table with serious frowns on their faces, some kind of drug den, filled with a yellowish haze ... looks like this thing is some kind of spy device. looks like it is attuned to acts of depravity.

"Excuse me my failure, captain. It's this toddler's fault, though. I really tried."
Follow the captain's lead.
You did fine, Horatio, just fine. Can't be helped, lad. Can't be helped. Let's get home."
You arrive at a tenement building on the south side of the river. The Captain heads in and you follow. Up a few floors and you locate Clunkers and Freddy. The rest of the building is oddly quiet. Bet news of the dragon got around, and people got out.

"Did..." Thrips pipes up in a moment of silence, having finally caught up with the following the captain, looking rather tired, stressed and dishevelled, "Did we ever catch up wif that bad feller what we was supposed ta be after? I got sort'f, uh, separated a bit."

Rejoin the group, ask the above and inspect my fellows for injuries and the like.
Keep a wary eye on our surroundings, wherever we're headed - we make for an odd-looking group, and word has doubtless spread about a band of troublemakers as prolific as we. If we make it back to the barn to rest or whatever, find a snug corner and do so. Otherwise, just continue following the captain and the guy wearing purple.

"Well, now, my boy, well now. We did find him, at one point. Just before the constabulary arrived to shake things up. No matter, no matter. He'll be ours soon enough. Looks like the Duke has his eye on that one." You follow along and note how quiet the streets are. when you arrive at the safehouse, you curl up in a corner and fall asleep with ease.

Wounded dragon and burning building?  That is exactly the sort of thing Dar is looking for!  Follow the scent, quickly, but try to stay out of sight--no need to tip off any twolegs, or get seen by a likely hungry dragon.
They all go the direction you came from. You track them right back to the safehouse. What a waste of a trip.

"I thoughting we dones real gort, chapstain. What'd did wrong?"

Grab anything shiny I see off the nearby corpses, and toss it in my head bag. Fail to understand what went wrong.

"Well lad. Yu survived, so that's good enough, innit? Don' trouble yeseff aboot it Live to figh' anuthe day!'"

Inscirbe the walls, and generally get everything else into place for the spell, including the lenses from my staff.

Then have a think, if I do this on my own since teammates seem more interested in faffing about, what are my chances of succes? If they're higher than, say, 75%, just go for it.

Well, you get interrupted twice in the inscription process. Once when a dragon crashes through the window in the adjacent room, and once when the rest of the crew noisily stomps up the stairs . At least the Captain starts helping you with the rituals. He moves with smooth, practices motions, and at lat the portal is complete and ready.

"We all here? Good enough. Let's get going."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 14, 2017, 07:29:20 am »

"Hey, will these people do?"

Back up a bit and wait for one of them to swing first, respond by bashing them in the arm, or side of the head, which ever seems easier, with th e broken table leg, preferably using any points such as nails in it
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:11:23 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 15, 2017, 03:14:24 am »

Growl at the guy a bit.  I'm too wounded to fight back, but this guy is reminding me of the gnomes.

Don't do anything strenuous and lick my wounds.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:14:14 am by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 15, 2017, 11:03:46 am »

"Absolutely. :D "
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 15, 2017, 11:11:35 am »

"Fabulous."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 15, 2017, 03:58:39 pm »

"Glad statement: This one is glad to have help that is competent, captain. This mission has not gone quite as this one had hoped, but this one has tried its best to make due. Keeping the small organic objectives alive has been difficult.

Reply: This one believes all mission critical persons are present. "

Help the Captain in completing the teleport ritual and get us all home, kids included. Seriously, do not forget the kids, I've had too much trouble keeping them alive to leave them behind now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 16, 2017, 01:57:04 am »

"Fucking yeah, a party detector! This is just what I needed."

Try to look for stuff going on nearby. Or failing that, look more at the old people sitting around a table, that sounds dramatic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 16, 2017, 02:22:09 pm »

Do whatever needs doing, help in any way.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 21, 2017, 08:37:14 am »

Dar will stay in metal form, and inspect that dragon--without revealing himself to it, yet.  How badly is it wounded, and what did those wounds come from?  What are those metal bits on it, are they twoleg in origin?  Are they well-integrated with the dragon, or sloppy and cruel?  Dar actually has experience hybridizing gnomish tech with life (the Eye and its Plantbaby), and since he's Lathalian now too I bet he could tell.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 22, 2017, 06:42:31 pm »

"Hey, will these people do?"

Back up a bit and wait for one of them to swing first, respond by bashing them in the arm, or side of the head, which ever seems easier, with th e broken table leg, preferably using any points such as nails in it
They don't approach you. instead, they stand spaced evenly apart, and hold their hands out, palm up. A thick, ropey mist begins to bubble up from their palms, pouring over their hands and arcing slowly toward each other's hands while slowly bubbling forward, building up speed.

Growl at the guy a bit.  I'm too wounded to fight back, but this guy is reminding me of the gnomes.

Don't do anything strenuous and lick my wounds.

After a moment's regard , the metal man ignores you and returns to whatever he was doing. Yeah, it's definitely got something gnomish about it. (1) your wound does not take kindly to the ministrations, and you let out a sharp, chirping howl as the mangled leg starts bleeding profusely.

"Frederick. Come!" The captain calls from the other room.

"Fucking yeah, a party detector! This is just what I needed."

Try to look for stuff going on nearby. Or failing that, look more at the old people sitting around a table, that sounds dramatic.
There's tons of 'partying' going on nearby. The slums are filled with room after room of doped, drunk, undressed, or otherwise intoxicated beings doing various things with and to each other and themselves. You stare wistfully into your bowl, oblivious to your surroundings, feasting off the vicarious depravity of this world's only known Reality TV series.

Dar will stay in metal form, and inspect that dragon--without revealing himself to it, yet.  How badly is it wounded, and what did those wounds come from?  What are those metal bits on it, are they twoleg in origin?  Are they well-integrated with the dragon, or sloppy and cruel?  Dar actually has experience hybridizing gnomish tech with life (the Eye and its Plantbaby), and since he's Lathalian now too I bet he could tell.
It's leg is mangled. It will need intense medical care or replacement. The dragon's self-care is not helping. The leg looks damaged by numerous weapons, and quite recently.
The metal bits definitely appear gnomish in origin - all brasslike and oddly complicated. They seem focused on some sort of device in the dragon's neck and a large engine of some kind on the dragon's back, just behind it's wings. You're not really sure what they are for though. The one on the back could be a power source,  some kind of cargo container, or something that generates a mechanicomagical effect. the last seems likely, but what effect that is, your current inspection does not reveal. The ones in it's neck look to end in two small nozzles in it's mouth. You know enough about dragons to know about breath weapons.

"Glad statement: This one is glad to have help that is competent, captain. This mission has not gone quite as this one had hoped, but this one has tried its best to make due. Keeping the small organic objectives alive has been difficult.

Reply: This one believes all mission critical persons are present. "

Help the Captain in completing the teleport ritual and get us all home, kids included. Seriously, do not forget the kids, I've had too much trouble keeping them alive to leave them behind now.
Do whatever needs doing, help in any way.
You guys finish up the portal and herd the kids into the portal room, then you three begin the chant, teaching the kids the words as you go. tehy join in with varying degrees of success.

Portal's being activated. If you are not in the room next update, you get left behind.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 22, 2017, 07:04:41 pm »

Back away, Prepare to use my projectile blocking bracelet along with what ever protection magic I may have. If it stops the goop trudge forwards and club them over the head. If nothing seems to stop it just run back to clunkers.

Edit:Let Lenglon into my mind, if I get wings fly over the goop but still keep the bracelet ready and give the men a hard hit on the head.

"Really now, in public? Haven'tyou any restraint?
Vlad gets quieter
"You in my head, forgot your name, heat, got any means to helo?"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:09:34 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 23, 2017, 01:00:42 am »

Whine piteously and move towards the captain.  Drag myself via my wings if necessary.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 23, 2017, 03:02:19 pm »

”Hey guys check this shit out! True mindless entertainment! Whoever made this was a genius.”

Show my discovery to the Captain. I’m keeping it, though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44