Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 76423 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #630 on: October 23, 2017, 05:07:39 pm »

@bold "we're leaving you behind" statement: Gee, thanks guy. whatcha suggest we do about it?
"Right now, I can only do one thing, I'm to weak to do anything else, and you'll need to let me partially into your mind to do it."
Assuming Vlad allows me to (This ability auto-fails if he resists) I manifest my wings and grant him the ability to fly, my mind managing the details and mechanics of flight, adjusting his balance, the proper hop for a standing takeoff, etc, him still deciding where to go.
"I can grant you flight."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 23, 2017, 06:31:56 pm »

Keep assisting captain dude with the portal spell. Let's vamoose.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 24, 2017, 12:20:29 pm »

Help out with the proceedings if the captain tells me to.
Otherwise, wait meekly around observing, then follow either he or Horatio - the two most sane, or rather, least insane of my teammates - through the portal once it is operational.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 25, 2017, 07:40:04 am »

Dar will sneak closer to the dragon, still trying to stay out of its notice; he looks like prey, and is fully aware of that.  Once he's closer, he'll try to heal the leg a little--nothing major, just prevent the wound from getting worse, and dull the pain a bit.  More serious magic can be performed back at base after a levelup.  Speaking of, Dar is not letting the dragon out of his sight, and will probably make a scene if he thinks it's being brought back to the gnomes.

If anyone tries to order Dar around, he's going to make it very clear that he doesn't care, and is going to stay with his new charge.

...Ah, and in case you forgot, here's the obligatory reminder about the Return to Lathal mission.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 25, 2017, 03:34:18 pm »

Following misler gallsbag of through the porlat ssoonsit get doned

((or: "Don't get left behind."))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 25, 2017, 08:44:09 pm »

Dar will sneak closer to the dragon, still trying to stay out of its notice; he looks like prey, and is fully aware of that.  Once he's closer, he'll try to heal the leg a little--nothing major, just prevent the wound from getting worse, and dull the pain a bit.  More serious magic can be performed back at base after a levelup.  Speaking of, Dar is not letting the dragon out of his sight, and will probably make a scene if he thinks it's being brought back to the gnomes.

If anyone tries to order Dar around, he's going to make it very clear that he doesn't care, and is going to stay with his new charge.

...Ah, and in case you forgot, here's the obligatory reminder about the Return to Lathal mission.
you creep up and (5) gently set the broken bone and reduce the flow of blood to a trickle. That should hold til he gets better care, as long as he doesn't try to put weight on it. Congrats, you may have saved his leg entirely. Or at least, made it possible for the leg to be saved. No steampunk roboleg for Freddy this time around.

Noted that you are staying with Freddy fin OL, trying to keep him from teh gnomes and their "healing."

Also, Lathal will be our next mission. I kinda want to bring the other team back so everyone can go together. But, I'll let Dar and Clunkers decide on all that.

Whine piteously and move towards the captain.  Drag myself via my wings if necessary.
Something small and furry appears at your side. Moments later, your leg feels much less terrible. You drag yourself into the portal room. Your wings are sturdy enough to put weight on, so it's not like you're scraping your belly along and inching forward or anything.

Following misler gallsbag of through the porlat ssoonsit get doned

((or: "Don't get left behind."))
Help out with the proceedings if the captain tells me to.
Otherwise, wait meekly around observing, then follow either he or Horatio - the two most sane, or rather, least insane of my teammates - through the portal once it is operational.
Keep assisting captain dude with the portal spell. Let's vamoose.
”Hey guys check this shit out! True mindless entertainment! Whoever made this was a genius.”

Show my discovery to the Captain. I’m keeping it, though.

You all step into the room and take part in the ritual. With a white flash, you return to Omega, exchanging the dry, dusty heat of the desert with the dry, dusty heat of the desert.
Dar immediately begins demanding proper medical attention for Frederick, Gak natters on about his new TV, threatening to stab anyone who tries to take the remote (hey, look, a little hand mirror thingy that acts as a remote. neat.), Thrips and Horatio stick close to the Captain, and Frederick sniffs the air, recognizing 'home,' and still in pain.

@bold "we're leaving you behind" statement: Gee, thanks guy. whatcha suggest we do about it?
"Right now, I can only do one thing, I'm to weak to do anything else, and you'll need to let me partially into your mind to do it."
Assuming Vlad allows me to (This ability auto-fails if he resists) I manifest my wings and grant him the ability to fly, my mind managing the details and mechanics of flight, adjusting his balance, the proper hop for a standing takeoff, etc, him still deciding where to go.
"I can grant you flight."
It was one of those things, you know? Not much I could do for you except deus ex machina your character home. Captain did ask the team if everyone was present. This applkies ot a couple of other players who have been idle for a while now. I needed a headcount.

Now, you are manifesting your own wings, which are incorporeal, and flying, attempting to carry a human sized being, with your -2 strength, correct? Am I missing a mechanic of this ability here? Because that, as I am reading it, is just plain ineffective. As in, you can't even get him on his tip-toes.

Back away, Prepare to use my projectile blocking bracelet along with what ever protection magic I may have. If it stops the goop trudge forwards and club them over the head. If nothing seems to stop it just run back to clunkers.

Edit:Let Lenglon into my mind, if I get wings fly over the goop but still keep the bracelet ready and give the men a hard hit on the head.

"Really now, in public? Haven'tyou any restraint?
Vlad gets quieter
"You in my head, forgot your name, heat, got any means to helo?"
you back up and defend: the mist touches your defensive dome and swirls up around, locking into place. It can't get in, and you can't get out. the sounds fro mteh gang, though muffled, are clear enough to exhibit some confusion and concern. a strong voice seems to be holding them together, but they seem to be surprised by something. hard to say what, really.

and then the Brand and Mark kick in, dragging your bodies and souls out of space, and into the very essence of Omega, feeding it, granting it vitality and increasing it's Mark on reality in some small way.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 25, 2017, 08:46:36 pm »

you are completely misreading the ability. will PM with details.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 25, 2017, 10:30:04 pm »

So, p3nding the results of that pm, did we die or what?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 25, 2017, 10:43:08 pm »

"That went well overall! Fun outing, maybe getting roped into you lot wasn't such a  bad thing after all."

Watch more magic TV until someone makes me head back to base.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 25, 2017, 11:20:50 pm »

Now, you are manifesting your own wings, which are incorporeal, and flying, attempting to carry a human sized being, with your -2 strength, correct? Am I missing a mechanic of this ability here? Because that, as I am reading it, is just plain ineffective. As in, you can't even get him on his tip-toes.

well that's easy see you missed that it was magic
and magic always works
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 25, 2017, 11:24:13 pm »

Where's my cave at?  I gotta go sleep.  I'll feel better after resting.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 26, 2017, 06:48:37 am »

well that's easy see you missed that it was magic
and magic always works
hmm. Hey! what are you doing here? go post in the other thread, you! And tell ATH to do so as well!

So, p3nding the results of that pm, did we die or what?
you are currently in a quantum state between being dead and having some sort of horrible, life altering experience as a result of missing the ride back home. I haven't exactly decided yet. I really don't want to kill either character - heck, you as a player have earned a 'get out of death free' card by now, I'm sure. But, I've never had to enforce the "don't miss the ride home" clause of the Omega Brand before.

Where's my cave at?  I gotta go sleep.  I'll feel better after resting.
you're in a sandy floored cave at the moment, and the Captain has ordered you to stay still. You think your cave is forward, down a winding cleft, out into the canyon, and arund a bit. If not, you are sure you could find it easily enough.

"That went well overall! Fun outing, maybe getting roped into you lot wasn't such a  bad thing after all."

Watch more magic TV until someone makes me head back to base.
(5) you get surprisingly good reception here. seems there are numerous access nodes here that allow you to peek in on a variety of locales and events. Any particular genre, location, or event tickle your bloodthirsty fancy?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 26, 2017, 07:01:27 am »

Well, this is boring.  Try to get comfortable, and sleep if the surface and my injuries let me.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 27, 2017, 10:07:34 am »

I guess I'm done right?If I'm excused, I want to study the phenomenon of the tendrils that burst out of me, try to get rid of it or control it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 27, 2017, 10:54:54 am »

((Welp, guess I'm Schrodinger's idiot))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44