Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 76393 times)

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #420 on: August 10, 2017, 12:13:40 am »

I point at the sign then at the clerk, then I'll give the clerk a good ol' double thumbs up.
I look at the sign, is the trial listed of our comrades? In what room is it? Does it look like there can be an audience present at a trial. If I can I visit the room where the trial will take place.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 13, 2017, 03:39:33 am »

Thrips slumps tiredly in his seat and raises the cup to his lips with both hands, carefully, as his eyes dart nervously about the room.

Just quietly sit and sip my soup for now.
Keep an eye on the room's comings-and-goings - any familiar faces to be seen? Is the place busy? Any interesting snippets of conversation to be overheard? And, of course, what does the soup taste like? Try and identify its primary ingredients and consider what sort of bread would best accompany it.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 13, 2017, 04:19:34 am »

The spoiler below doesn't happen, but almost happened.

Stay tuned for the exciting, actual conclusion to this round, in a second post, below.

Meanwhile, in the City:

"Huminahuminahuminahuminahuminahaaaaaa!"

Make the break! Or at least destroy the guard's genitals if my escape attempt fails.
Taking the GM's advice? Have you learned nothing? (3) you dodge out into the hall, but the guards start blocking you and trying to grab you. (1) Your attempt on the ol' coconuts leaves you wide open, and you are clobbered on the head. You awaken later, in the courtroom, bound and gagged, and tied to your chair.

Try to start moving again.  Begin with my eyes and work my way back.  If I do start moving, do some more roof hopping in the general direction of the warehouse.

Am I familiar with this effect?
(1) you slide off the roof and land in a heap. (4) you begin to process what is happening, and are able to connect the dots. Something ... someone, used some force to ... override your muscles and make them stop. Memory arises of the three hunters ... you caught one, and another caught you. You fade into unconsciousness, and awaken later, muzzled and sedated, in a small, dark enclosure.

I point at the sign then at the clerk, then I'll give the clerk a good ol' double thumbs up.
I look at the sign, is the trial listed of our comrades? In what room is it? Does it look like there can be an audience present at a trial. If I can I visit the room where the trial will take place.

The sign mentions: rioting and illegal gambling in the Warehouse district, along with a bevy of offenses: resisting arrest, property damage, that ind of thing. Sounds like your crew, anyway. You step into the courtroom. No one stops you. it's crowded here in the lower gallery, and you stand in the back, amid the smelly, sweaty masses watching this and any other trial. After a time, you see that weird metal doll guy being carted in on some kind of table. they sit it upright - it's like a tiny rack or something, which he is tied to. someone bound his mouth too.

The trial starts with the usual formalities -stand for the judge, sit and order in the court ("Shut up, I said! Quit that racket, we have serious business to attend and can't be about it if we can't hear ourselves think!"), and the charges being read in flowery, droning speech. It's boring as fuck, but the snob in you is caught up in teh pageantry, in spite of your rather ... common situation at the moment.

Thrips slumps tiredly in his seat and raises the cup to his lips with both hands, carefully, as his eyes dart nervously about the room.

Just quietly sit and sip my soup for now.
Keep an eye on the room's comings-and-goings - any familiar faces to be seen? Is the place busy? Any interesting snippets of conversation to be overheard? And, of course, what does the soup taste like? Try and identify its primary ingredients and consider what sort of bread would best accompany it.

You do hear some rumor about a dragon being captured and hauled off to the stables. At least, sounds like Freddy lives. no one here is recognizable, and you appear to be completely forgotten about. The soup seems to be mostly some kind of lentil in a white sauce. a sort of woody spice, and some mintlike leaves add a nice zest to it. Overall it tastes rather exotic and perhaps a tad too exciting, though your tiredness and hunger reduce that effect to comfortable levels. You think perhaps a soft garlic bread or soemthing with a nice soft cheese would go well with this soup. Maybe a barley flatbread, even.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:04:51 am by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 13, 2017, 05:08:15 am »

Look around.  How do I feel?  Is there any food or water here?  What's the nature of the room I'm inside?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:12:40 am by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2017, 06:22:47 am »

Welp.
I guess Val is dead now?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 13, 2017, 06:26:03 am »

The team in the desert
((all rolls rerolled))

Valyrie attempts to raise her constitution: (1) but the child who died was sickly. Not surprising, given the life she had led.
Valyrie then attempts to ride the lizard: (3) she gets hold of it, but slips down it's back toward it's hindquarters as it moves. Calming attempt autofails.

First Wing acts vindicitively, targetting, in order: Lizard, Valyrie, Clunkers. Lizard and Valyrie are behind First Wing, So Wing needs a roll to target them, But first: does Wing succede in harnessing the ice? (1) no. Does First Wing survive another round of Lizard Mastication? (1) No.

Vlad looks for pacification tools among the confiscated items: (1) and finds nothing but what is already recorded in previous turns.

Dar buffs and goes for the neck: (2) v (6) the lizard shifts it's bulk, unaware of Dar's attack. Dar is deflected and bounces across the rocky path.

Clunkers tears open both slave cages, scaring the already terrified children shitless. Literally, some of them defecate in the cages. They probably all would, but they are so malnourished that some of them probably had no BM left to release. One wonders how a profit could be made on such miserable creatures. Perhaps the fact that they are so tightly packed in would explain it. Profit through volume, with an acceptable margin of loss. Brutal. Anyway, Clunkers drags the two slave carts to the side of the road, propping up the broken wheels himself. They aren't exactly out of danger, but they are sort of to the edge of it.  It's gonna take some persuading to get the kids out and active. and maybe some water.

Now, for the confusion about the mission parameters:
1) Clunkers is right in that the mission included rescueing the children.
2) Dar and First Wing were right in that this was not explicitly stated in a way that bound them, or even that Dar would pick up on.
3) all characters IC acted correctly for their understanding of the mission.
4) any confusion or fault belongs to the GM, who is terrible.

Welp.
I guess Val is dead now?
Nope.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 13, 2017, 03:00:25 pm »

I had a feeling that action was going to get me killed. Turns out, it was bad enough to get me killed twice! The only thing that makes me a little upset is that I had to wait so long to find this out. :P
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 13, 2017, 04:43:16 pm »

Vlad, b team, go kick the shit out of some of the slavers before looking around to see if anyone has really run off yet.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:46:35 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 13, 2017, 04:58:34 pm »

Vlad, b team, try so soften any blows valyrie may take
?
Val isn't in danger right now. And what does this action look like to Valyrie? She might want to interact with it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 13, 2017, 05:00:09 pm »

Vlad, b team, try so soften any blows valyrie may take
?
Val isn't in danger right now. And what does this action look like to Valyrie? She might want to interact with it.
(misread it. Thought it was the lizard that died not first wing))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 13, 2017, 10:18:47 pm »

Ooh, a court! I wonder if they have those poofy wigs.

Subtly gnaw at my gag while I wait for the trial to begin.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2017, 10:43:33 am »

Fly clear of the lizard while its still distracted and keep an eye on it in case its anger at First Wing transfered over to me. while airborne check the surrounding area in case we missed someone. Afterwards land near the golem.
"So where will we move the kids? They're to sick to leave exposed like this. They need food, water, and the attentions of a doctor, or even more will die."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 14, 2017, 12:33:17 pm »

"So where will we move the kids? They're to sick to leave exposed like this. They need food, water, and the attentions of a doctor, or even more will die."
"Reply: This caravan surely has a supply of water, we will divide this between the kids. After that, we need to find them some shade and contact the Legion for an extraction. We do not have time to organize a picnic, and the children might be so malnourished that giving them food might worsen their states. Also, this one is somewhat unsure if it is wise to let any of its teammates practise their doctoring skills on the tiny organics."

Clunkers eyeglow grows slightly duller and his voice becomes even more monotone, if that's even possible.

"Dejected statement: that is, of course, assuming this one's team can go five minutes without destroying the mission objectives or fighting between themselves. This one will not get its hopes up."

Vlad, b team, gomkick the shit out of some of the slavers before looking around to see if anyone has really run off yet.

"Firm request: Non-useless teammate, please do not forget to ask them for the relevant information about the caravan while you attack them."

Clunkers will gather whatever water supplies this caravan carries and bring it over to the children. any of the slavers who so much attempts to attack/hinder him in keeping these kids safe gets fucking wrecked magically.

ALSO: is it possible for us to contact the legion, through our marks or something? I'm assuming yes, because how else would they expect to know of our failure/succes. If it's possible, do so and give them a situation report.

He will offer the kids water and do the following

Clunkers will approach the tiny organics with the water supplies, crouching down on one knee to get on their level.

"mollifying statement: Greetings, tiny organics. Please, don't panic. Despite what has occured, this one and its teammates are here to rescue you on behalf of the Legion. If you will all just follow our instructions, we will get you somewhere away from the people who captured you as soon as possible. In the meantime, this one would like to offer you all a drink. Please, don't panic."

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 14, 2017, 02:58:03 pm »

(This might be probably a terrible idea).
Wait for the right moment, if there is no right moment just act anyway.
Waltz confidently to the front.

"I will be defending my client, your honour."
Then when the charges are explained or something. I yell out: "Objection, there has been no physical evidence of these so-called crimes and therefore nothing can be proven."
When I may explain my case, I turn to the crowd and say: "Thank you, your honour. Dear ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Look at this creature and tell me what you see. (dramatic pause) A demon, a monster, a devil? I see a victim, a victim of prejudice and an unfair and unjust society. A society that treats anyone whose different badly. A society that favours the rich but pushes the poor down in the mud. Dou you think this hrrmm... man favoured an education? A steady job? An investigation to prove his innocense? Noo, of course not, that's only for the rich. When I look at this thing I see a hideous creepy metal baby doll, yes... but I also see you. (points at random dude in the crowd), and you and yes, even you! All victims of a poisoned society, when you condemn this man, you only condemn yourselves and you only side with the ones that supress you. Say no. No to unfairness, no to injustice, no to possibly condeming this man to hang. Thank you my honour. I rest my case."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:33:07 pm by Loki987 »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44