Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mouse picture invisible  (Read 3024 times)

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
Mouse picture invisible
« on: March 28, 2017, 07:39:43 am »

I turn on mouse picture in the ini files and it makes my mouse invisible  :-\
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse picture invisible
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 11:30:32 am »

I didn't want to reply because I don't know much more than you do, but seeing as nobody else is: this feature is broken for me as well. It's a shame because GemSet includes a nice cursor, and I tried my hand at a replacement myself before realizing it was pointless.

Unfortunately nobody seems to care. There's no bug on the tracker that I can find for this issue. The closest one I could find is 367, which has a misleading title: the posted bug is about burrows and doesn't mention MOUSE_PICTURE apart from a comment. A comment on this bug also mentions MOUSE_PICTURE being broken. Even searching for MOUSE_PICTURE in the forums shows only a few comments, ignoring all of the copied and pasted init.txt settings.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:20:13 pm by Taffer »

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 01:15:34 am »

I didn't want to reply because I don't know much more than you do, but seeing as nobody else is: this feature is broken for me as well. It's a shame because GemSet includes a nice cursor, and I tried my hand at a replacement myself before realizing it was pointless.

Unfortunately nobody seems to care. There's no bug on the tracker that I can find for this issue. The closest one I could find is 367, which has a misleading title: the posted bug is about burrows and doesn't mention MOUSE_PICTURE apart from a comment. A comment on this bug also mentions MOUSE_PICTURE being broken. Even searching for MOUSE_PICTURE in the forums shows only a few comments, ignoring all of the copied and pasted init.txt settings.
oh well i guess there's no hope in fixing this bug if no one reports it btw i like your tileset 
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 02:44:43 am »

oh well i guess there's no hope in fixing this bug if no one reports it btw i like your tileset
You could...report it yourself. Or is that too much effort?
You know you'll regret not doing so when 10 years from now someone in Future of the Fortress asks Toady what's up with the mouse and he says 'no idea, is it on the tracker?'.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 02:13:23 pm »

i do not know how to report a bug :(

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 06:25:17 pm »

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 05:31:54 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Bug tracker:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php
i still do not know how to report the bug it seems all i can do is look at them

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 09:40:11 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Bug tracker:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php
i still do not know how to report the bug it seems all i can do is look at them
You need to create an account:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/signup_page.php

Also, to everyone reporting this:
- What DF version are you using? If it's before 0.43.05, have you tried the tips from http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2688 ?
- What OS (and version) are you using?
- Is there anything mouse-related printed to the terminal if you're using OS X/Linux? If you're using DFHack, what about stderr.log?
- What image file(s) specifically are DF refusing to load?

Edit: I found at least one issue on the tracker that sounds exactly like this one: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10243
If you could provide feedback there, that would help.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:43:52 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 05:49:22 am »

oh i already reported it

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 09:04:25 am »

Huh, I didn't notice the date on this thread, sorry. I could have sworn I was only on the first page of this board, so I don't know how I could have even found this thread.

Anyway, we need a lot more information in order to figure out what the problem is. I suspect it's a recent OS change that Toady may not be able to fix, given that nobody has reported it in the past, but I don't even know what OS you're using, let alone what DF version. If you don't provide that information in the bug report, it's likely to remain unfixed.

(The issues that Taffer linked to are unrelated, and the separate MOUSE_PICTURE issues that people mentioned in the comments are probably from library incompatibilities on Linux.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 10:16:21 am »

my os windows 10 my version is 43.05