Play this game in hard mode?

I want hard mode ON!
- 5 (71.4%)
I want hard mode OFF!
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: March 31, 2017, 10:37:14 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Breakfast Wars: Tactical Forum Operations - 7/7  (Read 3398 times)

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Forum Operations [Experimental] - 2/7
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 02:48:28 pm »

Brock would sweep his eyes over the tall grass, looking for any signs of movement that would contradict the movement of the wind.

"No Sir, just a bunch of grass."

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
    • My totally-feminist tumblr.
Re: Tactical Forum Operations [Experimental] - 2/7
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 08:03:18 pm »

Check my weaponry to see what I brought with me. "Oh shit. Did I pack my weapon?!"

Your fireteam looks at you like you've grown a second head. For some reason, you fail to realize that your weapon is slung across your body. You would not have even been battle approved if you didn't have the proper items.

"Is Aspara feeling okay? Get a medevac prepped. The fatigue is setting in before the bullets even begin flying." It seems your NCO doesn't have any faith in you. "Did you forget how to shoot too? You just point and shoot. Too easy."

After the embarassing incident, you focus on your surroundings. It's a circular clearing, with thick bush all around you. It would be a good spot for air support, assuming the Yolks don't have anti-air, which they most likely do.

Brock would sweep his eyes over the tall grass, looking for any signs of movement that would contradict the movement of the wind.

"No Sir, just a bunch of grass."

"Look ahead. Try to make out profiles in the woodline or signs of movement that betray the direction of the wind."

You had that idea before your NCO gave the directive, but you acknowledge and execute as you were trained. After a few moments, you notice a soft yellow spot moving steadily west. You aren't the first to fire though; they are. Catching one of your squadmates in the head, killing them instantly.

"CONTAAACT! Get to fucking cover!"

Wasting no time, you find yourself behind a tree ASAP. Your squadmate is lost. There isn't any sense in trying to save him. He's done. The Yolklan soldiers begin firing widly, hoping they hit something. A few rounds chip some bark off the tree you're behind, but it's holding up well for now. They no doubt have some serious firepower waiting for a rainy day, when things get too heavy.

Spoiler: Lorknis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roboson (click to show/hide)

> The inventory has been unlocked thanks to Aspara's quick thinking! All players will begin with the standard issue jungle warfare allotment.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Forum Operations [Experimental] - 3/7
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 11:00:34 pm »

NAME: Bel P. Epper
PERSONALITY: A stickler for the rules. Kind, and friendly to her allies.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 01:23:14 am »

Spoiler: Pop I. (click to show/hide)
So, considering the reference I'm probably gonna be a Navy vegetable and be part of a SEAL equivalent so possible boat insertion? Or perhaps a HALO drop?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:30:31 am by Slick »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 02:02:36 am »

(Am I in the same group?)

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 08:44:07 am »

Well shite, Brock is stuck behind a tree without any smoke or normal grenades and is pinned. Really in this situation the only thing left to do is blind fire from behind the tree and hope the shooting stops soon.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:18 am »

Spoiler: Age Cabb (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 02:24:15 pm »

Driving. Update and answers to questions next.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:43:18 pm by Remain Calm »

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 03:33:11 pm »

So, considering the reference I'm probably gonna be a Navy vegetable and be part of a SEAL equivalent so possible boat insertion? Or perhaps a HALO drop?
I'm not sure what reference you're talking about, but if you want to go Special Forces you may. It'll be a great opportunity to develop different rulesets for different classifications of troopers. I'm going to do something a bit different for you.

(Am I in the same group?)
I'm not sure what you mean "in the same group"? Are you near Brock/Lorknis? No. Juuust in case that's what you meant. If not, please specify and I'll answer in short order.

For everyone else, get your actions in if you haven't already. Those who have just signed up will be added in the next update!

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 08:14:29 pm »

I'm not sure what reference you're talking about, but if you want to go Special Forces you may. It'll be a great opportunity to develop different rulesets for different classifications of troopers. I'm going to do something a bit different for you.
Pop I. you know the Sailor:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ComicStrip/Popeye

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfast Wars: Tactical Forum Operations - 6/7
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 08:35:37 pm »

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfast Wars: Tactical Forum Operations - 7/7
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 11:11:40 pm »

Well shite, Brock is stuck behind a tree without any smoke or normal grenades and is pinned. Really in this situation the only thing left to do is blind fire from behind the tree and hope the shooting stops soon.

"Damnit! We're pinned!"

"Come on", you retort. "You can always take pot shots or blind fire. These are hard-boiled Yolks, but they aren't uncrackable!"

"Not bad, Colli. But not your best material."

Before you have time to revel in your joke's success, your NCO orders you to focus on engaging the enemy. Your plan to blind fire works! The small element you were battling with weren't expecting you to do so, and they all drop in short order.

"Good shooting, Colli. But don't get too cocky. H.Q. just radioed in an objective. Intel says the Yolks have a major weapons cache somewhere in the jungle. They said head north until we find it, then blow it up when we do. Get your shit together, stock up on ammo and march!"

The way to the cache will likely bring heavy resistance. Intel cannot, at this time, confirm the total combat effectiveness of Yolkan forces in the AO. Stay frosty and keep your head on a swivel.

> DEPLOYING REINFORCEMENTS!

- Olivia McMullen -
Because you came in by heli, you got a good lay of the land. A mental map to keep you grounded, and you'll need every advantage you can get. The Yolks aren't playing around. You suppress the urge to make a macabre joke, and it wouldn't get you anywhere in this situation either. With the helicopter hovering and you and your squadmates hopping out of it, the pilot gives a 'good luck' before zooming away, dropping you all in a fairly tucked-away village.

"Now", your NCO says, doing a head check while he speaks, "Our mission is pretty simple. Yolkan forces are going to come through this area. We have to ambush them and stop them from reinforcing their frontlines. Do a quick sweep of the village. It's unpopulated, but keep your head on a fucking swivel, got it? Watch out for booby traps."

- Bel P. Epper -
You come in hot. Very hot. AA fire screams through the blue sky, some of it fragging your squadmates before they get feet on the ground. You're lucky. You don't really get any AA fire aimed directly at you, and given how close you are behind the AA crews, you weren't noticed either.

"This is Epper. Callsign: Spice. I've landed and am ready to receive my directives."

"Epper, this is HQ. We need you to take out all three of those AA guns so we can have our forces land and reinforce. Do not leave that AO without silencing those guns. Out."

- Pop I. -
"It's quiet. Too quiet."

That's all your fellow operator says as you both trail the river in your zodiac towards the entry point. You tell your comrade to stay frosty and he acknowledges. It's afternoon, the height of the day. Decked out in full camo and kit, you both make your way to a small hodgepodge wooden dock and secure your zodiac to it. "Boat secured. Beginning mission."

"Pop. You and Leaf have a multi-pronged task. 1) Rescue high-value asset Georgia Peach. Is being held in a warehouse somewhere to the east. Stealth is preferred. 2) Exfiltrate her. We need her alive, brass says. We think she's being held and forced to work with Yolklan RnD to develop weapons to use against us in the future. She's not a traitor, boys. Just a scientist caught on the wrong side on the wrong day. Do your damnest to get her home. 3) Locate and exfiltrate or assassinate Wasabi Rando. One of the Yolks' top scientists. We need him out of the picture before his experimental superweapon goes operational. Good luck."

"Easy as pie", you say, trying too hard not to break your professional visage by letting your grin get a little too wide for a long-time veteran of the service. "Leaf, look sharp". Your co-operator Leaf, young guy but high-speed, sighs as he crouches behind some crates. You both observe two Yolklan troops, clearing far away from post. Likely dicking around and getting up to shenanigans. Tsk. They picked the wrong day to slack off. Unfortunately, they're in your way.

"What do you wanna do, Pops? Smoke 'em from a distance or get up close n' personal for a handshake?"

- Age Cabb -
Your convoy arrives at a small FOB. The vehicles need to be refuelled and serviced. Luckily, no sign of any hostile presence yet and you're in a safe enough area to take a piss. It's been a long ride, and command doesn't like the convoy stopping for every soldier to relieve himself (or herself). Not that they're assholes. It just compromises the mission. If the convoy stops it is vulnerable. Hell, it's vulnerable when moving.

"Hey Cabb. You know what we gotta do, right?" You nod to your NCO, not wanting to get too familiar or comfortable with him. Nothing personal, but you have a job to do.

"Right", he says in response. "We gotta make it to another FOB a few miles north. Clear out any traps or Yolk ambushes along the way. Finish up and we'll get rolling."

- "Lett" Tuce -
Getting in was easy enough. Navigating will be another issue entirely. The helicopter dropped you off in one of the few populated villages. It's anyone's bet if any Yolks are waiting to set you up for an ambush, or if the entire village is set to blow or something. They're crazy enough to do it! Make no mistake. Your NCO tells you that your mission is to find intel somewhere in this village, or interrogate a caputred Yolk and get them to tell you where it is. Brass didn't say what was in that file, but it has to be important for them to dedicate an entire squad to getting it. It sounds like a job for special forces, but they're stretched thin in other theatres so, you're picking up some of their slack for now.

Spoiler: Olivia McMullen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bel P. Epper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Age Cabb (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Lett" Tuce (click to show/hide)

> Sorry for the wait. Hard mode means more numbers for me to crunch and, ultimately, more work for me to do. I think the new simplified spoiler sheets will help me immensely. If I messed up anywhere, please let me know!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 11:21:46 pm »

Epper tries to get the drop on the AA crews. She sneaks up from behind and ambushes them.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 11:27:39 pm »

"It seems they always rely on me for the scrap jobs."
Move from cover to cover, heading the direction towards the small village

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 11:41:02 pm »

Cabb gave the NCO a second nod, before finishing up his business. He'd head back to the convoy, and mount up, running through his gear as he waits.

Move out with the convoy. Scan the roadside for anything that looks out of place, and stay alert.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3