Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm making a text adventure, i need names  (Read 572 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
I'm making a text adventure, i need names
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:55:39 am »

I'm making a text adventure game for my AP computer science Performance Task, and I would like to let you guys give me a bunch of names.

Right now I need a dwarf name (placeholder is TOBNOM ASSGOD) a bunch of goblin names, a troll name or two, and a name for a forgotten beast. The dwarf main character starts as a brainwashed kidnapee of a goblin faction that joins a raiding party. Should he have a dwarven name or a goblin name?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm making a text adventure, i need names
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 03:16:56 pm »

He should have both. His dwarf name is something he doesn't even know, at first. Brainwashing, after all. Half the fun could be in Finding his name and either loving it or rejecting it.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!