Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 31476 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2017, 02:46:51 pm »

I mean half of the team and George cannot walk on their own. There are more broken people than people who can carry them.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2017, 06:03:40 am »

Filgres already has dibs on a steed!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2017, 02:19:21 pm »

"Well, obviously we need to check it out!  It's the right thing to do.  Come on!"

Nudge steed thataway!  Yes, aware there's a void in the way.

You crawl to Vik's feets and then carefully and slowly climb up onto his shoulders.

"Yippee ki-yay!" you scream and slap his ass.

"Hey George, know where you can find some damn painkillers around here?"

"Infirmary of course. Where else?"

"I like tokens a hell of a lot, Dave. I'll see what I can do."
Assuming my suit doesn't have a hole in it yet, carefully and slowly make my way over to bay 1B and check out what the hell is up with it.

"Well it was nice to meet you, George. We'll be off to loot your shipment. Ciao."

Poke about and see what I can find. If attacked or anything respond with laser fire
Roughly nothing, because there's roughly nothing I can do. Like a tempted who can still yell at everyone for being idiots.

"Hey Dave, did you see who took my damned torch?"

> Yes.

Majority of people capable of basic locomotion seems to have the opinion of ditching cripples into shuttle first before investigating more. So Joanna works as Bastien's crutch, Vik carries Filgres as usual, so duty of dragging Citotp is left for Grits. George is left behind with promise to let official bug exterminators know about where he is.

First problem is getting the elevator moving up after Grits gutted its control panel. He has to fiddle with wires constantly which results very unsteady ascension and much pain for Citotp. Outside of the elevator is deadly quiet and whole pile of unmoving vexiles. After couple of seconds team confirms that those bugs are indeed dead and safe to ignore. They backtrace entire way to the airlock they entered through in first place, picking up Bastien's gauss rifle on the way. Nobody notices how uncharastically quiet he is before someone notices his suit wasn't sealed. Well, not a big deal, at least he's silent now.

After the wounded and dead, that's Filgres, Bastien and Citotp, are dumped into shuttle to fend for themselves remaining half of the team makes their way to cargo holds following arrows and George's instructions. Hold 2B which is on the way doesn't have much anything interesting beyond bunch of dead bugs and couple of open containers.

Cargo hold 1B offers much different sight. For starters it is considerably more messy. There's collections of plastic trash neatly piled next to container stacks, almost looking like nests, that have held together pretty well despite of undoubtly strong winds rapid depressuration caused. Vexiles of all sizes are scattered around; from tennis ball sized to all the way as big as your helmets are, though small ones are in majority. From your view point you can already see around ten open containers on floor level, packaging trash overflowing from them. There are probably more deeper in.

Oh, and as soon as you make it into 1B, your suits beeps notification about increased radiation. It's not on level to be dangerous for anybody but possibly Vik, but sudden rise is enough to warrant a notification.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2017, 02:27:28 pm »

((Didn't Joanna's medi-foam seal Bastien's suit when she treated him?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2017, 02:35:35 pm »

((Didn't Joanna's medi-foam seal Bastien's suit when she treated him?))

Not well enough to make if vacuum proof.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2017, 03:45:36 pm »

"Bastards."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2017, 04:57:01 pm »

Continue walking and being alert.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2017, 11:21:12 pm »

During the whole being walked out ordeal Bastien didn't notice the lack of his suit working too overconfident due to his immense ego. When he expired due to lack of oxygen the last thought on his mind. Was and I quote.
I...hate Everything.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2017, 10:40:16 am »

Filgres looked around the shuttle.  Now what?

"So... anything we can do to help, Dave?"

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2017, 11:41:49 am »

Continue walking and being alert.

You walk along edge of the hull and pass cargo elevators, which are three large platforms with glowing yellow outline warning people about possibility of suddenly disappearing floor. What you see doesn't really change; massive number of container stacks up to the ceiling, couple of open containers here and there. Some have plastic trash speard in front of them, very few have not.

Filgres looked around the shuttle.  Now what?

"So... anything we can do to help, Dave?"

> With your limited mobility? Not much, really. I could bring the shuttle to the cargo hold below where rest of your group went, and perhaps you could crawl and get few corpses for boys at research. I believe few samples could fetch you a token or two.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2017, 01:25:23 pm »

open some of the containers.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2017, 02:17:19 am »

Try to locate source of the radiation. Also grab some of the tiny vexiles to give to the lab boys.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2017, 10:21:32 am »

"I'm willing to help!"

Offer crawly services.  Maybe look for a rope to drag home one of the bigger ones.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2017, 10:55:21 am »

"We should make this quick. I don't want to be here when the radiation gets even higher..."

Follow the other able-bodied party members and keep watch because who f-ing knows what's gonna happen here.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2017, 01:57:55 pm »

open some of the containers.

You limp to closest closed container and open whole series of locks meant to ensure nobody and nothing opens it by accident. Inside is boxes. You pull out one and check what's inside. Clothes. Different clothes in another box. More clothes in third.

Try to locate source of the radiation. Also grab some of the tiny vexiles to give to the lab boys.

Mk I doesn't exactly have easy to use radiation radar. Even the meter just measures dangerous/not dangerous threshold. So you need to get little creative with it.

[Aux: 4+1] You link your wristpad with the suit and locate various sensors hidden around suit and plug into their feed. API is reasonably straightforward, so you can pull out exact numbers out of each. With the suit itself working as insulator you can fairly easily make a program to estimate rough direction the radiation is coming from. It's far from perfect, but it is about as good as you can possibly make it. Any more precision requires more sensors.

With that automatic assistance you turn around few times to establish direction and start walking deeper into forest of container stacks, picking up two smallest corpses that you pass by. Every now and then you make full spin and correct your direction. Soon you reach one open container and determine the radiation is coming from within. Not because of the numbers your program says so, but because of the rather suspicious looking device in it.

It looks like someone put it together in their carage. Mess of wires, circuits, weird things, steel beams for support and a display in a cage like structure, as tall and wide as you are. Frankenstein's monster that's 10% clearly human technology and 90% something else. The device is bolted tightly on container walls to keep it from moving. The display is dark, but slowly blinking green light in corner indicates it is on. Behind it is what looks like a life support unit of some sort, but with a lot of small open holes in it, holes just large enough for normal vexiles pass through.

Hello there, big pile of tokens in very immobile form.

"I'm willing to help!"

Offer crawly services.  Maybe look for a rope to drag home one of the bigger ones.

> Alright. One moment then.

It's more than a moment, though. Four minutes later the shuttle jerks a little, eliciting violent protests from Citotp, and shuttle door opens. It's now in cargo bay, much like the one you was before, but  this one has more open space on this side. And other people. You see people in nice white spacesuits walking around and piling dead bugs into a pile. Some of them seem to have Tesla Arcs and neat looking exoskeletons, and those are the only ones who stop to give a glance before continuing their corpse collection duties.

Nice, you don't even have to go looking for easy tokens. Just crawl in and grab few from the growing pile.

Rope? Citotp has some. And he's not using it.

"We should make this quick. I don't want to be here when the radiation gets even higher..."

Follow the other able-bodied party members and keep watch because who f-ing knows what's gonna happen here.

Grits walks in with determination not found in the other guy, so you figure he's better one to follow. After all, he hasn't really fucked up (badly) yet.

And in end of the not very long journey you see what he sees.

> Just so you know, the shuttle is on floor below you, so you don't have to drag that very far.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16