Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 10265 times)

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2017, 07:47:52 am »

"You lads continue whatever it is you're doing. I'm going to see if I can't figure out a way to get this big hunk of tokens into the shuttle."
Inspect the immobile hunk of soon-to-be-tokens. Does it have wheels or something to move it? Can two people be reasonably expected to move it?

If not, see if I can't shut off artificial gravity on this part of the ship all the way to the shuttle so we can just float it there.

Logged

spazyak

  • Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2017, 07:57:03 am »

"I'll help you"
Logged
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2017, 11:29:52 am »

Try and push that thing the bugs came from

That thing is bolted tightly into the container it rests, no amount of pushing will make it move. Luckily you have a solution. Borrowed solution.

"Give me the rope then!"

Slap fight for rope



[Dex: 4]
[Citotp Dex: 1-1]
[Str: 3+1]
[Citotp Str: 2-1]
[Citotp End: 5-1]

You have had enough of his shit. You need the rope and boneman doesn't. You flip yourself from under him and tie his legs into a knot. Unsuprisingly easy considering how many pieces his bones are in at the moment. While this only makes him grunt, it also puts him in situation where every attempt to move causes considerably amount of pain.

"You lads continue whatever it is you're doing. I'm going to see if I can't figure out a way to get this big hunk of tokens into the shuttle."
Inspect the immobile hunk of soon-to-be-tokens. Does it have wheels or something to move it? Can two people be reasonably expected to move it?

If not, see if I can't shut off artificial gravity on this part of the ship all the way to the shuttle so we can just float it there.



No wheels or other hover technology you can identify. Assuming you can detach it from the container and cut off some of extra steel you think two people should be able to move it, even if it is slow tugging few centimeters at time. You are not actually sure how much non-human tech parts weight, so this only an educated guess.

Shutting off gravity... Well that certainly can be done, but not very selectively. You probably end up disabling gravity on the entire ship.
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

  • Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2017, 11:35:29 am »

"Right.  I'll give it back!"


Go fetch a big one that I can still drag back.  Tie it up and drag it back.

Make sure to give rope back when done!

Logged
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

  • Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2017, 01:23:17 pm »

BLow torch the bolts and then drag the thing with me back to the shuttle while the others fight.
Logged
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2017, 11:06:39 am »

"Right.  I'll give it back!"


Go fetch a big one that I can still drag back.  Tie it up and drag it back.

Make sure to give rope back when done!


[End: 5]

Honstly you would prefer to be carried all over the place than crawl by yourself, but you grind your teeth and do what must be done. At half way to the pile you spot one man carrying a dead bug of your preferred size and wave him over. Using very creative sign language you indicate you want the corpse. He drops it and sings a question why you are not walking. You point the shuttle with thumb, make a pistol finger and shoot yourself in head. The man gives you a thumb up indicating he gets what you mean and leaves.

With this your workload is cut to half, so getting vexile corpse back to shuttle is more tolerable.

Rope returned.

BLow torch the bolts and then drag the thing with me back to the shuttle while the others fight.

This is handiwork roll since you are deconstructing things. You have -2 in handiwork. Perhaps it could be counted as aux with some argument, but you have -1 in that too. In the end it doesn't matter because you rolled 2. 2-2 is not significantly different from 2-1. So...

Grits and Joanna are pondering if they can shut off gravity or not. You, being a man of action rather than a man of well thought plans, decide to solve the problem. You whip out the stolen borrowed cutting torch and get into work. The thing has a lot of superficial parts which you away out until whole thing collapses soundlessly into a pile of hot parts. Taking a step back you observe your work, nod with satisfaction and forget to shut off the cutting torch, addicentally burning away the medifoam seal on your thigh. Air leaks out from your suit and you are dead before you realize it.

Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Twinwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2017, 01:20:20 pm »

Joanna just face-palms. Was she the only totally sane person?

"Dave, do we get tokens from telling you where this thing is, since we clearly can't move it without killing ourselves?"

Say this to Dave.
Logged
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2017, 01:38:08 pm »

"Well, that just happened. Since the entire thing is basically in pieces anyway, we could probably just carry it piece by piece to the shuttle now, right?"
Logged

Twinwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2017, 01:40:40 pm »

((Oh, is the whole thing in a bunch of pieces now? I thought it was just like, the outside that was or something.)
Logged
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2017, 01:42:29 pm »

Joanna just face-palms. Was she the only totally sane person?

"Dave, do we get tokens from telling you where this thing is, since we clearly can't move it without killing ourselves?"

Say this to Dave.

> No. But I'll give a few if you bring back all the pieces. And another if you kick the man who broke it.
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Twinwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2017, 01:44:58 pm »

"He's kinda dead, but alright.

Grits, let's just not mess with the gravity. I don't want to be a pancake."


Kick the guy who broke it's corpse, and then start bringing bits back. The corpses too. And the living but crippled team members.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 01:51:18 pm by Twinwolf »
Logged
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2017, 01:49:23 pm »

"Yeah you're right, not much point in messing gravity anymore. Just going to need a few trips to get this loaded up and then we're pretty much ready to go, right?"
Start bringing bits back to the shuttle. Start with the machine/token pinata, then the corpses from teammembers, then a few more of the mutated vexile corpses for the science lads back on ship.
 Put the vexile corpses in boxes or something.

Logged

AoshimaMichio

  • Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2017, 09:18:16 am »

"He's kinda dead, but alright.

Grits, let's just not mess with the gravity. I don't want to be a pancake."


Kick the guy who broke it's corpse, and then start bringing bits back. The corpses too. And the living but crippled team members.

[Str: 6] You jump/stomp kick his hurt leg with all your might. So hard is your kick that it breaks his femur in few places.

> Good girl.

"Yeah you're right, not much point in messing gravity anymore. Just going to need a few trips to get this loaded up and then we're pretty much ready to go, right?"
Start bringing bits back to the shuttle. Start with the machine/token pinata, then the corpses from teammembers, then a few more of the mutated vexile corpses for the science lads back on ship.
 Put the vexile corpses in boxes or something.



It takes few rounds to bring all pieces and corpses to closest cargo elevator even with Joanna's assistance. The elevator itself is nothing more than large metal slab, big enough to accommodate four containers next to each other and then some. Control panel is simplicity itself, much like doors were; two buttons controlling direction. You hit the only one you can.

The elevator descends down smoothly and slowly. This gives you time to admire situation on lower level; entire hull-side wall is folded open into space. There is nothing preventing you from jumping into void and die lonely death out there. Five shuttles is parked right on the edge. One them is the one you arrived with, four others are of similar design, but are actually marked with various identifying symbols. And like Filgres observed earlier, there are bunch of armed people collecting corpses into piles. They give you wide space, not wanting to catch HMRC craziness.

The trip back to the ship is exactly as boring as it was to other direction. This time there are two people less talking, but two more frequently voicing the pain and lack of comfort their legs cause. Eventually shuttle door opens again with welcoming sight of nurses and transport-stretchers.

> Welcome back. Hand over your artifacts and xeno corpses to the R&D guys left and and dead and wounded people to the nurses. Report to briefing room soon.




((And the first mission is over! Go back to the on ship thread and level up. Normal 5/5 level up for everybody else but Bastien, he got only 4/4 points to distribute because he spent time dead long enough.))
Logged
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]