Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 31502 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: Vexing
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2017, 07:11:13 pm »

"...Sorry to say, I don't have any pain meds. Went for the anti-shock and medifoam... neither of which I think would help you very much." Joanna says to the melting man.

Also watch for attacks because focusing on the melting guy seems a wonderful way to lose awareness of your surroundings.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2017, 07:19:33 pm »

"You might need the medifoam incase I cut into his feet."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2017, 08:02:19 pm »

((First casualty of the campaign.  I feel honored.))

"AHHHHHHH"

Try to be enthusiastic about this?  Also not die.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2017, 05:27:53 am »

The prick cringes at the sight of this mans idiocy and then...he stiffens as he is covered in white foam..twitching a enraged look coming onto their face

Attempt to not shoot these fucks. Gonna be a hard roll. Go over and examine how fucked foot guy is. Do not perform.medicine on him I may be great but I don't have any equipment. Have weapon ready for a fight just in case.

"Dave why am I here again?  Because I really don't want to be near these idiots much longer."

> You are here to earn bragging rights, and over there because I'm telling you to.

[Will: 6] These HMRC guys are not worth of shooting. Because it would be really stupid to shoot your own meat shields and you are not stupid. What you really should do is to ensure they always stay between you and anything remotely threatening, which means you have to make them obey you. They have to respect you. And you earn that respect by being awesome you.

[Med: 5-1] You locate the victim under slowly receding foam and inspect his legs carefully. Well, he aint walking anytime soon. His shoes are literally filled with nothing but loose collection small bones and ash and he doesn't appear to have any sensation left in lower part of his shins. Poking his knees still makes him grunt so there's that. And you are not entirely sure how vacuum proof his suit is anymore. So diagnosis is as follows: For purposes of this mission he is mostly dead weight and serves best as a bait.

Carefully aim at the fucker melted to the ground, use laser to cut the ground around his feet, leave a bit of ground stuck to him to give him some nice platform shoes.
"I'll get the melted fuck out, let's get ready for a fight."

He didn't melt into ground, his feets were burned inside his suit. That amp attack wasn't enough to melt floor, but it certainly raised its temperature too hot to walk on without heat insulated boots. Either way, he isn't walking on his own.

"Woooooo~ That's-a-spicy-meatball!"

Hold head. Wish I had drugs.

You keep squirming in foam and wishing you were dead. Sweet release, where art thou?

There's one gal with drugs, but... you know, can't focus on anything.

((First casualty of the campaign.  I feel honored.))

"AHHHHHHH"

Try to be enthusiastic about this?  Also not die.

((And from friendly fire, naturally.))

[Will: 3-1] It's really fucking hard to find anything positive about losing your feets and being poked on developing blisters. If something would make you feel better, it would be punching the cause of this. But then again you're under foam and can't see shit because foam is covering all cameras, so even that is a big minus for your general mood. Smell of burned flesh and something else floating inside your suit doesn't help either.

While everyone deals with the shenanigans, keep my head on a swivel for possible attacks.
"...Sorry to say, I don't have any pain meds. Went for the anti-shock and medifoam... neither of which I think would help you very much." Joanna says to the melting man.

Also watch for attacks because focusing on the melting guy seems a wonderful way to lose awareness of your surroundings.

Good thing someone is keeping eye out. Grate from ceiling vents ahead falls down into foam followed by something big and brown. And another. And third. Fourth doesn't because of extremely high pitched shrill emitted by the three who fell first, barely audible thanks to the fire alarm.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2017, 06:56:14 am »

"Medic!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2017, 11:44:22 am »

"Yeah, yeah, I get it."

Use cutting torch to fend off those bugs if they get close.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 06:53:48 pm »

"The only good bug is a dead bug! Fucking buuuuuugs!"

Start shooting the buuuugs!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2017, 11:32:22 am »

I'm gonna wait for few more actions.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2017, 12:10:54 pm »

Open damn fire on those bugs try to stsy behind my allies.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:28 pm »

Pew pew the bugs if There seems to be a lot of them try to heat up the air and metal around them to burn them all. Say appropriately pun.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:34:43 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2017, 05:59:00 pm »

Stay close to allies, be prepared to defend myself with the Monoatomic Razor if the bugs get too close.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2017, 12:46:03 pm »

"Yeah, yeah, I get it."

Use cutting torch to fend off those bugs if they get close.

World is pain. You have barely enough mind to think, let alone to do anything useful.

"The only good bug is a dead bug! Fucking buuuuuugs!"

Start shooting the buuuugs!

[Con: 4+1] Fallen bugs(?) are entirely under the foam, but it is steadily spreading out so it makes it possible to see how blindly running bugs make waves. Two of them seems to line up neatly in a moment. You take a step back, fall down low on floor, line up your shot and wait for a moment. When it comes you calmly pull the trigger and watch aftermath of hypersonic slug making two vexiles basically explode.

"Two flies with single shot. Easy."

Open damn fire on those bugs try to stsy behind my allies.

[Con: 1-1] Uh oh... Let's see, There's Vik, Joanna and Grits standing between you and the bugs... aaaand dice says Vik takes one for the team.
[Vik Dex: 3]
[Vik End: 6-1]
[Vik End: 3-1]

Vik, being big man and realizing there will be people shooting, tries to move aside so he won't be on anybody's firing line, but he isn't fast enough. Bastien panics when things start falling from ceiling and fires at them on instinct, despite the fact there's team mates between him and his intented targets. The bullet clips Vik's right hip tearing his suit open and taking his little bit of skin and flesh along. It takes a moment before he feels it, but as soon as he does he roars out.

It's gonna be hard to make that look like it's good for the team...

Pew pew the bugs if There seems to be a lot of them try to heat up the air and metal around them to burn them all. Say appropriately pun.

Despite of being shot by a teammate you still attempt to do the right thing.

[Con: 5+1] Maybe it is because of you got shot, but you swing your laser around little too wildly, little too long, definitely cutting the blindly tumbling bug into pieces and carving walls and floor around it. This is not a warship, so it isn't really designed to have defenses against lasers fired from inside, so needlessly say your rifle is fairly effective.

"Warning. Warning. Reactor chamber compromised. Radiation flooding possible." Nice calm female voice repeats over the fire alarm. Clearly nothing to worry about.

You receive a shock that makes you spasm and squeal.

> Remind me what I said about structural damage?

Stay close to allies, be prepared to defend myself with the Monoatomic Razor if the bugs get too close.

Perhaps you should reconsider? Your so called allies seem to be most dangerous things here. Man eating xenos seem much safer option so far.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2017, 01:18:59 pm »

"What's going on?  Help?"

Regain control of situation?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2017, 01:23:44 pm »

Fall back to the medic. Continue to shoot at the bugs
"Fuck you Dave! Fuck you Team shooter!"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2017, 01:28:48 pm »

"I should have bought DRUUUGS!"

Get up, soldier!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16