Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 31308 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« on: March 28, 2017, 11:44:38 am »

As soon as last person has secured themselves tightly in the shuttle door closes. There's no sensation of motion of any kind, and fifteen minutes later some start wondering if the shuttle is actually still sitting in hangar. At twenty minute mark gravity suddenly disappears, suit sensors indicate rapid loss of external pressure, and finally the door opens sucking last bits of air out.

On outside is silvery metal wall only about two meters away. In every other direction you see vast emptiness of cold and unforgiving space, countless stars against infinite blackness. Single red star on left is brighter than others, presumably in direction this unlucky freighter is going to. Right in front of the shuttle door you can see outline of the airlock. Naturally closed. Around it you can see couple of rungs for hasty astronaut attach themselves to in case they lack handy maneuvering packs.

> Here you go. On your left of the airlock there should be inlaid control panel for the airlock and perhaps even manual override in case you can't get it open otherwise. Try to ignore the fact you are hurtling along thousands meters per second and single stray micrometeoroid could easily kill you out there.

Actually it's pretty easy to forget, considering you don't have any kind frame of reference here. Except the part about meteoroids. That sticks in your mind damn too well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:25:35 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: Vexing
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 11:49:13 am »

The arrogant prick quietly checks his gauss rifle strapped in his suit and camly moves to open the door.
"...This will be a piece of cake."
Make sure weapon is primed and ready the rifle specifiacally open door Snark. Keep in mind he actually dident hear the briefing unless it was broadcast throughout the ship.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:54:10 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 01:33:14 pm »

"Let's just hurry up and get in."
follow the prick and make sure he enters first, though still cover him, stay to the side of the air lock and wait a bit till after prick has entered to walk inside
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:58:21 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 01:51:40 pm »

Grits doesn't speak, eyeing the prick warily as he assumes points. He'd speak up to let the technician take a look at the airlock, but no amount of bitching makes anyone actually listen to tech support. Sighing, he shoulders his rifle and follows the group.

Make sure my rifle is loaded, then follow the group. Stand some distance away and not directly in front of the airlock as it gets opened, follow everyone inside if they succesfully get it open.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 09:08:00 am »

Joanna stays a bit behind, as well - she's by no means a fighter, she's mainly there just in case somebody gets fucked by whatever was in here. That said, she was ready to pull out the monoatomic razor she'd grabbed at any point.

Follow the group, try to stay a safe distance from the door (with Grits, presumably), follow people inside.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 10:54:57 am »

"Are you sure it is not us who are standing still and the micrometeorites that are moving at 2000 meters per second?"

Stay safely behind the prick. Try to get his camera view on my screen so I can see what's in front without exposing myself.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 01:57:40 pm »

The arrogant prick quietly checks his gauss rifle strapped in his suit and camly moves to open the door.
"...This will be a piece of cake."
Make sure weapon is primed and ready the rifle specifiacally open door Snark. Keep in mind he actually dident hear the briefing unless it was broadcast throughout the ship.

Your gauss rifle is fully combat ready. Just keep your finger off trigger until you find something to shoot at.

[Dex: 5-1] Moving in zero G is a bit challenge for someone who's used in normal gravity. You gently push yourself out of the shuttle towards the airlock, but end up slightly rotating yourself 90 degrees with uneven push. Either way, in three seconds you reach the ship hull and grab tightly of one rung near by securing yourself in place. Arrogant prick is proud of his first unsecured spacewalk.

[Aux: 4-1]
Airlock control panel, or rather its cover panel, is within arms reach so you bang it akwardly to get it open. The cover sinks inside the hull and slides aside revealing two buttons, red and yellow, and a some sort of handle that is begging to be pulled out. Red button is labeled "Close" and yellow one "Open", so it isn't really hard to figure out which one to press.

Just like the cover for control panel, the airlock door too sinks inside good half meter before swinging wide open revealing suprisingly spacious room. Entire team could fit inside at once.

[Int:3] It also seems like the company owning this ship had unusual design sense, because lights are on the floor. Weird. Not thinking too much about it you swing yourself in.

[Dex: 6-1] Turns out the floor is actually ceiling. You figure this out when you get inside the airlock and gravity suddenly kicks back on making you fall head first. You take this opportunity to display your amazing body coordination by executing perfect roll and springing up your feet as if you had planned this.

"Piece of cake!" you declare while giving yourself thumbs up.

"Let's just hurry up and get in."
follow the prick and make sure he enters first, though still cover him, stay to the side of the air lock and wait a bit till after prick has entered to walk inside

The prick is making a real show of this. It's starting to feel like his arrogance is warranted.

[Dex: 5+1] Not to be outdone you reorient yourself and forcibly kick yourself out of the shuttle and into airlock way too fast, doing somersaults entire way until you are stopped by a wall.

Grits doesn't speak, eyeing the prick warily as he assumes points. He'd speak up to let the technician take a look at the airlock, but no amount of bitching makes anyone actually listen to tech support. Sighing, he shoulders his rifle and follows the group.

Make sure my rifle is loaded, then follow the group. Stand some distance away and not directly in front of the airlock as it gets opened, follow everyone inside if they succesfully get it open.

Smart man would have secured themselves on the shuttle with a rope or something and only then carefully exited. But apparently here are no smart men around.

[Dex: 3] You reorient yourself upside down inside the shuttle and then carefully and slowly sail out. It goes well until you hit airlock room and stumble down on your face.

Joanna stays a bit behind, as well - she's by no means a fighter, she's mainly there just in case somebody gets fucked by whatever was in here. That said, she was ready to pull out the monoatomic razor she'd grabbed at any point.

Follow the group, try to stay a safe distance from the door (with Grits, presumably), follow people inside.

It seems safe enough. Everyone is getting safely over so there's no reason you can't.

[Dex: 5] The point proved by touching airlock floor the very moment you enter in range of gravity automanipulator, so unlike others, you gracefully fly inside landing gently like some sort of space fairy. You wouldn't be a good doctor if you couldn't do at least this much.

"Are you sure it is not us who are standing still and the micrometeorites that are moving at 2000 meters per second?"

Stay safely behind the prick. Try to get his camera view on my screen so I can see what's in front without exposing myself.

> Absolutely certain. Do not forget that those micrometeoroids can actually go in opposite direction than you, so the actual impact speed is going to be double of that. Potentially extremely lethal.

[Dex: 4-1] You too make it akwardly over, falling over by sudden reintroduction of gravity.

[Aux: 3] Pretending stumbling didn't happen you start fiddling with your wristpad, trying to figure out how to peek through other people's cameras. You don't quite figure out how to do that. API is confusing, protocol isn't familiar and encryption also poses a bit of problem. At least you figure out how to make connection in first place, which doesn't really help that much.

Like said, the airlock is spacious, same silvery color as hull is with darker line painted around ankle height on all walls. On wall next to open door to space is controls for it, both buttons and manual crank. On the opposite side is equivalent controls for the internal door.

(Hey Toaster, are you with us?)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:43:49 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 02:28:29 pm »

Press buttons to close the outer door, pressurize the room, and open the inner door.
If that idiot tries to open the inner door before the first two steps are complete, give him a good slap.

If he manages to get me camera data alright, put it in the corner of my faceplate.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:04:16 pm by Egan_BW »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 02:28:42 pm »

The glorious Mr prick exudes smugness right now and waggles his eyebrows at the fair graceful lady for surely she was in awe of him and being the big...great great man he was he would have to show her the way

"Nice Job sweetheart don't worry someone competant unlike these loafs is leading the way dear."
A small chuckle comes from him as he eyes up the gilr like a total damn creeper before giving a flamboyant bow and turning with his gauss rifle readied.
Smugness intensify's ready gauss rifle for anything gloat and show off be a bit of a creep and finally and tottaly least importantly he's not in much of a hurry. Open the door that leads further into the ship with its controls.
"Oh yeah what are we supposed to be doing again sweetheart dident hear the breifing probably not important right whatever it is you have me and quite frankly any mission with me on it is bound to be a glorious success."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:07:20 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 02:31:16 pm »

get up and rush over to the others, have gun at ready to shoot any filthy xenos
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 02:33:47 pm »

"I hope you have a decent ablative index, Mr. Durand."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 02:39:51 pm »

"I hope you have a decent ablative index, Mr. Durand."
"Put away your theasaurus nerd I'm not gonna get touched during this whole mission."
They flash you a grin and then something comes over them..he knew none of these peoples names. He supposed he might as well learn them even if just so he can mock people easier.
"Name? Everyone what are your names? I'm Bastien Durand. Honored I'm sure." 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 02:42:58 pm »

"Mysa Photic Citotp Asym, in no particular order. You may call me by any of those individually, if you like."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 02:47:07 pm »

"Asym it is. So what do you do?"
He quietly smiled and looked over his rifle for a moment checking to make sure it wasen't dirty or anything of the like. That'd be damn dreadfully and a crime agasint all that is good in the world to give dirty equipment to him. Him of all people.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 02:55:21 pm »

"That was a bit of an impact, I'm alright...anyways get ready...I'll cover the medic."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16