Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 30699 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: Vexing
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 02:56:56 pm »

"Odd jobs, mostly. Odd being the key word; London 37 is a strange place.
Unrelatedly, would you mind giving me your camera data? So I can watch your glory in better detail, naturally."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 02:58:44 pm »

hand this beautiful speciman my camera data how could I deny such a purehearted and lovely request.
"Oh certainly! Asym I think we shall get along don't you? In case your wondering me personally I gave advice on life know just a bit about everything though I'm a bit more indepth with my knowledge of medicine."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 02:58:47 pm »

(Hey Toaster, are you with us?)

((Yes, sorry.  Can we assume Filgres bought a kinamp and has been tagging along?  I was out of town.))

Stick with the team!

"This is really exciting!  Isn't space great?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 03:00:10 pm »

"Oh certainly! Asym I think we shall get along don't you?"
"Certainly."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 08:41:25 am »

"Yeah, space is allright. They call me Grits, by the way. I'm somewhat of a tech guy."

stick with the team for now. Help Egan with closing the outer door, pressurizing the room, and opening the inner door, if he needs any help with that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 09:17:42 am »

"I'm Filgres!  I'm a boxer!  I hear this thing-" he waved the kinetic amp on the suit-glove- "can make punches super strong!  I can't wait to try it!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 09:21:33 am »

"Oh then get a little in front of me.We can't have a melee fighter ij the back dosent make much sense does that?"
Not to mention that gives me a slight shield but that's just an added bonus.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 09:43:59 am »

"Oh then get a little in front of me.We can't have a melee fighter ij the back dosent make much sense does that?"
Not to mention that gives me a slight shield but that's just an added bonus.
"Seems silly to have the melee guy breach a door. I feel like he'll be more useful as a flanker. You can take point, you've been doing a good job so far."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 09:47:49 am »

"True But I am your backup doctor."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 12:02:38 pm »

Press buttons to close the outer door, pressurize the room, and open the inner door.
If that idiot tries to open the inner door before the first two steps are complete, give him a good slap.

If he manages to get me camera data alright, put it in the corner of my faceplate.

You hit the button and outer door swings close. Inner one makes you wait for half minute while atmosphere rushes in before opening.

The prick graciously shares his camera views with you.

The glorious Mr prick exudes smugness right now and waggles his eyebrows at the fair graceful lady for surely she was in awe of him and being the big...great great man he was he would have to show her the way

"Nice Job sweetheart don't worry someone competant unlike these loafs is leading the way dear."
A small chuckle comes from him as he eyes up the gilr like a total damn creeper before giving a flamboyant bow and turning with his gauss rifle readied.
Smugness intensify's ready gauss rifle for anything gloat and show off be a bit of a creep and finally and tottaly least importantly he's not in much of a hurry. Open the door that leads further into the ship with its controls.
"Oh yeah what are we supposed to be doing again sweetheart dident hear the breifing probably not important right whatever it is you have me and quite frankly any mission with me on it is bound to be a glorious success."
hand this beautiful speciman my camera data how could I deny such a purehearted and lovely request.
"Oh certainly! Asym I think we shall get along don't you? In case your wondering me personally I gave advice on life know just a bit about everything though I'm a bit more indepth with my knowledge of medicine."

Citotp in his slightly too large spacesuit managed to open inner door already.

[Cha: 5-1] You point your rifle at the room on other side in most professional manner you can imagine, mostly like you have seen action heroes doing in movies. In your subjective opinion you look very good. So good! No doubt you are the best role model around here!

Behind the airlock is a larger room. On right side is couple of lockers and on left side is what seems small changing rooms. Above lockers is a sign saying "Spare suits". An open door leads into ten meters long hallway which splits in two directions at its end. On hallway floor is painted a black line with frequent arrowheads pointing towards airlock, while in far end of the hallway you can make out couple more lines of different colors.

It's pleasantly empty here. No humans, corpses or xenos in sight, nor do you hear anything but discussion of your teammates. Or whatever you want to call them.

Sharing your camera feed is easy. It takes little use of your chin and tongue to operate necessary quick menus. Apparently this is commonly used feature.

get up and rush over to the others, have gun at ready to shoot any filthy xenos

You see same thing as Bastien does, and it doesn't please you. There's nothing to shoot, nothing to burn and punching walls just doesn't provide same satisfaction. So you sprint straight ahead into the room and hallway beyond until you reach the end. Hallway here leads to left and right. On right few meters ahead is closed blast door and on left nothing but empty hallway with couple doors leading to side.

On the wall is color coded quide to different areas on the ship matching painted arrows on floor. Apparently you are on the section of the ship where power generator is. If you go to right you'll find life support, bridge and crew quarters. Going to left will take you to generator, cargo holds and engine room.

(Hey Toaster, are you with us?)

((Yes, sorry.  Can we assume Filgres bought a kinamp and has been tagging along?  I was out of town.))

Stick with the team!

((Sure.))

Nobody noticed when you got into the airlock, not even yourself. It's so easy when universe itself forgets you exist for a moment.

The team seems to be mostly sticking in the airlock. Not counting the angry man who sprinted ahead.

"Yeah, space is allright. They call me Grits, by the way. I'm somewhat of a tech guy."

stick with the team for now. Help Egan with closing the outer door, pressurizing the room, and opening the inner door, if he needs any help with that.

Citotp handles airlock management by himself magnificently, not that it is very hard to press buttons saying "close" and "open". Not even idiot can fail at that.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 01:46:20 pm »

"Let's go check if we can turn on the power."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 02:03:43 pm »

"Let's go check if we can turn on the power."
"Really? if anything is sleeping turning the power on would wake it.
Bastien The prick raises an eyebrow towards their teammate...they suppose that would do for calling them that that's what they were though mostly inferior they surely had at least some value and it wpuld probably look good on him if he the valiant leader kept em alive and well.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 02:07:15 pm »

"Might well make progressing further easier anyways."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 06:14:13 pm »

"Uh, turn on the power? Firstly, that is not our mission, and secondly, the power would seem to already be on."
Citotp points at the lights in the ceiling.

"We should head towards the cargo hanger, like the briefing said."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 06:15:49 pm »

"Okay"
To the cargo hangar we go have weapon at the ready
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:48:27 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16