Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: subterranean dark elves  (Read 868 times)

XxSolarBlaze

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
subterranean dark elves
« on: April 01, 2017, 06:30:49 pm »

Hello,
This is just a small suggestion to make DF more "fun". I suggest that dark elves or "drow" may be added as underground civilization, which has the ability to attack forts or possibly trade with them. This is just an idea so that every siege isn't one of goblins.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: subterranean dark elves
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 02:10:59 am »

Oh, cavern traders! I like that idea.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 02:33:00 am »

Deep Dwarves are planned for when the underground is suggested out a bit more. They'll trade probably. Then there's the broken underground animal civs too. Not sure what they'll be like in the future, but I guess we'll have an idea after mythgen which will apparently define animal-men a bit better.

Hopefully it'll just work out one day when the bits are in place and working that in a certain world one group of elves will prefer the underground and pretty much act like Drow.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 06:29:48 am »

Just when we thought that DF was too original.....

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 06:51:56 am »

Hopefully the game will roll up fully subterranean races when procedurally generated races start happening.
One wheel short of a wagon

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 07:15:10 am »

Hopefully the game will roll up fully subterranean races when procedurally generated races start happening.
Yeah. Hopefully. But there's a lot of work just to get the whole concept of underground sites and civs working first even if you can generate the races to put in it.