Who should be added next?

The British/Canadians/Australians
- 0 (0%)
The Soviets
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 30, 2017, 10:47:35 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Seltsame Insel: OLD THREAD. DEAD.  (Read 18380 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Need one more player.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 10:30:38 am »

Permission granted. That'll give +1 to hit at long range.

That's it. This is gonna be brutal. Like Grunts brutal. If you die, you can respawn with your exact loadout and skills, just change the name. Anyone who wants to join in during the invasion, do it.

Afterwards, I'll take the people who are alive and split them into squads on different threads.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Starting Soon. Everyone Welcome. No Waitlist.
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 08:54:02 am »

TURN 0

Landing Craft 1

Quote from: S34N1C

Quote from: Shadowclaw777

Pvt. Reynolds and Pvt. Lewis stand in the middle of his craft, surrounded by men who either look too young to be soldiers or too old to not be from the Great War. The boat's captain shouts, "Land ahead! Gates down in thirty seconds!" The company commanders of each boat debrief the occupants on thier goals: Get up the beach and clear away enough of the tank traps [15] to allow for the armor to get out to land, get up the cliffs and clear out the bunkers at the top [4] and quiet the guns on top of the cliff [2].

[4] The craft makes it safely to land, and it drops to [5] open beach, no guns trained on it at all. The first few men step out [3] into a new hail of bullets most of them dying immediately.

Pvt. Reynolds [2] is on the outside of an artillery shell's blast radius. It tears his left leg off below the hip. It is bleeding profusely.

Pvt. Lewis [1] is hit BY the artillery shell that maimed Reynolds.

Pvt. Reynolds is maimed and is now bleeding out.

Pvt. Lewis is KIA

Spoiler: Pvt. Reynolds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pvt. Lewis (click to show/hide)

Landing Craft 2

Quote from: Enemy post

Quote from: Lenglon

Pvt. Gangl and Pvt. Spencer stand among nervous men who all looks absolutely terrified, and for good reason, they just heard the machineguns open up on craft 1. A couple vomit, two or three loudly pray, and the majority of the rest are silent in anticipation.

[4] Landing craft 2 makes it to the beach safely, with a couple bullets pinging off the sides here and there. The door drops to [2] heavy machinegun fire, killing the first couple rows of guys immediately. The wave of bullets comes back, hitting most of the men in some way.

[6] Pvt. Gangl manages to escape mostly unscathed. Mostly. He had turned around to not get blinded by the flying blood and chunks and had his bazooka on his back. The bazooka is hit right in the trigger mechanism, which shatters the bullet into a billion pieces, slowing it as well, so that it just peppers the skin.

[6] Pvt. Spencer is also spared for the most part. He dodges the bullets, by hiding behind the door mechanism. It gets hit and a splinter of metal lodges itself in his right arm.

The few surviving men jump off the side into the water, including the unluckily lucky Pvt. Gangl and Pvt. Spencer. The water was only waist deep here. [1] The gunners on the cliff focus on the men in the water, killing several instanly, and leaving most of the others incapacitated and unable to fight, including Pvt. Gangl.

[4] Pvt. Spencer makes the run to a tank trap unharmed further. He cowers behind it, so he doesn't just immediately die like his comrade.

Pvt. Gangl is KIA
Pvt. Spencer is Harmed

Spoiler: Pvt. Gangl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pvt. Spencer (click to show/hide)

End Turn 0
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:02:00 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 08:59:10 am »

Using the tank trap as a bipod to substitute for having a firm two-handed grip, Pvt Spencer calmly and precicely aims at one of the machine gunners, exhales, and squeezes the trigger.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Coin Flip to America. Soon to Start
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 09:58:18 am »

(Can I just come back in like this?)

Spoiler: Josef Schrader. (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Get up the beach.
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 10:03:11 am »

((Yes. Copy paste the dead one if you want, just put a different name on it. That, or make a new character.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 10:04:46 am »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Pvt. Reynolds screams at the loss of his leg. He hopes this scream will alert a medic to his situation.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 10:09:47 am »

(Alright.)

Pvt.Gangl Schrader fires his bazooka at the gunners and then takes cover.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:11:52 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 10:11:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spawn right back into the fight, charging in with his SMG looking for any enemies

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 11:38:10 am »

Name: Jacob Diamonds
State Country of Origin: Australia
Appearance: of average height; tan, with brown-red hair
Backstory: having a cousin in the command is useful for getting you into other countries' missions.
Skills:
High tolerance: negate up to -3 penalties from difficult conditions (including pain, excluding lost limbs)
Quick reflexes: +2 to avoiding getting hit (change to +1 against AoE (i.e. explosive) attacks, such as mortar fire)

Credit Count: ((After first invasion))

Inventory:
BAR M1918
Helmet [EQUIPPED]
Uniform [EQUIPPED]
Backpack [EQUIPPED]
Combat Knife
[Can I also start with a radio?]

Paradrop into the field, behind enemy lines.
Observe field. If I have a radio, report in enemy positions
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 11:41:44 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 08:42:46 am »

TURN 1

Landing Craft 1

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Pvt. Reynolds screams at the loss of his leg. He hopes this scream will alert a medic to his situation.

[5]The only surviving medic in the company swoops in and drags Pvt. Reynolds to cover and gives him a morphine syrette before bandaging the stump and using a touniquet to restict bloodflow to the area.

The gunners continue to fire, Pvt. Reynolds [6], being in cover manages to avoid the bullets hitting him. The medic attending him isn't so lucky. He is hit several times in the chest, leaving him on the sand in a swiftly growing red stain. But, the bleeding has mostly stopped for Reynolds.

Pvt. Smith charges in with his SMG looking for any enemies.

[3] Pvt. Smith charges up but is rerouted by machinegun fire. He hides behind those ever present tank traps and scouts for enemies to slaughter. The only ones are up the cliffs shooting down at him. He aims up there and [2] he hits his own cover, hitting himself with lead shrapnel and bits of steel. The bullets hit and ricochet back into his right foot.

Spoiler: Pvt. Reynolds (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pvt. Smith (click to show/hide)

Landing Craft 2

Pvt. Schrader fires his bazooka at the gunners and then takes cover.

Pvt. Schrader, with a fire in his eyes and courage in his gut, fires his bazooka at the gunners on the cliff. [6] He instantly reduces the gunners in one of the bunkers into a cloud of dust and smoke. At that same moment, a corporal runs behind the bazooka, getting killed by the backblast. Some of the pressure waves are reflected back and deafen poor Pvt. Schrader.

The other gunners see this happen and open fire [1] catching Pvt. Schrader off guard. He is unceremoniously filled with more holes than a cheese grater.

Using the tank trap as a bipod to substitute for having a firm two-handed grip, Pvt Spencer calmly and precicely aims at one of the machine gunners, exhales, and squeezes the trigger.

Pvt. Spencer goes to use the tank trap as a makeshift bipod. He pokes his head only slightly above the trap and [1] is hit in the head by a stray bullet, killing him instantly.

Spoiler: Pvt. Schrader (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pvt. Spencer (click to show/hide)

1st Airborne Division

Paradrop into the field, behind enemy lines.

Pvt. Diamonds sits on the troop transport plane. [6] The green light flashes and the man at the door opens it up and ushers the paratroopers out into the battle. Pvt. diamonds is the first out and as such the first to notice that they are way behind the cliffs. [1] A flak cannon fixes its barrel nearby to the paratroopers and fires. The exploding round kills Pvt. Diamonds, tearing him to shreds.

Spoiler: Pvt. Diamonds (click to show/hide)

Artillery Guns Left: 2
Bunkers Left: 3
Tank Traps Left: 15

End Turn 1
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:39:18 am by Sosoku234 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Coin Flip to America. Soon to Start
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 09:35:04 am »

Take cover and destroy another machine gun nest.

(Changed out Efficient.)

Spoiler: Deitrich Siegfried. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:49:20 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 09:40:51 am »

Peek out from cover and lay down some covering fire.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 10:10:33 am »

...let's try that again.

Name: Joseph Grey
State Country of Origin: Ireland
City of residence: Boston
Appearance: tall, with pale skin and bright red hair
Skills:
High tolerance: negate up to -3 penalties from difficult conditions (including pain, excluding lost limbs)
Quick reflexes: +2 to avoiding getting hit (change to +1 against AoE (i.e. explosive) attacks, such as mortar fire)

Credit Count: ((After first invasion))

Inventory:
BAR M1918
Helmet [EQUIPPED]
Uniform [EQUIPPED]
Backpack [EQUIPPED]
Combat Knife
[Can I also start with a radio?]

Paradrop into the field, behind enemy lines. (Remember to use my quick reflexes this time)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:12:41 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:06 am »

Rising out of the water where he'd gotten tangled in the bodies of the fallen, Marcus makes sure his weapon is clean of the water, then attempts to pick off machinegunners. He knows they'll be promptly replaced by their AG, but every moment they aren't firing is another moment for the others to make it up against the cliffside, below their minimum depression angle, and where they can begin the assault proper.
Spoiler: Marcus Nightingale (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 11:26:47 am »

With the death of the remaining medic in our company, it was quite unlikely to get Smith's wound healed, so he continued laying down suppressing fire against the machine gunners
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12