Who should be added next?

The British/Canadians/Australians
- 0 (0%)
The Soviets
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 30, 2017, 10:47:35 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Seltsame Insel: OLD THREAD. DEAD.  (Read 18105 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Get up the beach.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 12:14:12 pm »

(Remember to use my quick reflexes this time)

((I apreciate you reminding me of it, but you still rolled a 1. Even with bonuses, that's pretty much instant death.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Get up the beach.
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 12:21:34 pm »

(Remember to use my quick reflexes this time)

((I apreciate you reminding me of it, but you still rolled a 1. Even with bonuses, that's pretty much instant death.))
I know. I'm just hoping this time goes better, and want to stack it that way as much as possible.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

lucaaas09

• Escaped Lunatic
  • http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/i
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Into ze Slauterhaus.
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 08:23:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Can I also have a scope))

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 08:35:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Can I also have a scope))

If you do, your skill doesn't stack with it. Maybe change the accuracy one to +2 to hit with unscoped bolt action Rifles. Also, I'm going to assume you mean bolt action.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Coin Flip to America. Soon to Start
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2017, 03:51:10 pm »

TURN 2

Landing Craft 1

Peek out from cover and lay down some covering fire.

[6] Pvt. Reynolds peeks out and lays down supressive fire. If there were enemies on the cliffs, they won't be coming out of their cover for now. And niether will the other soldiers on your side of the beach. [6] The gunners start firing again, but they miss Reynolds and hit the other soldiers around him, further slowing the advance.

With the death of the remaining medic in our company, it was quite unlikely to get Smith's wound healed, so he continued laying down suppressing fire against the machine gunners

[4]Aiming up to the nearest bunker, Pvt. Smith unleashes hell on the bunker, causing it to, for a minute or two, stop firing. The other gunners fire at him [2] hitting him in the gut and right arm.

Spoiler: Pvt. Reynolds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pvt. Smith (click to show/hide)

Landing Craft 2

Take cover and destroy another machine gun nest.

Pvt. Siegfried runs out into cover of a tank trap and aims up to the gunner's nest. [5] That nest was a good spot, until it got opened up like a tin can. [4] The gunner's hit the trap, only narrowly avoiding Pvt. Siegfried.

Rising out of the water where he'd gotten tangled in the bodies of the fallen, Marcus makes sure his weapon is clean of the water, then attempts to pick off machinegunners. He knows they'll be promptly replaced by their AG, but every moment they aren't firing is another moment for the others to make it up against the cliffside, below their minimum depression angle, and where they can begin the assault proper.

[4] Pvt. Nightingale carefully aims up to the nest. He puts his sights on the gunner, and squeezes the trigger. The gunner's head disappears into a cloud of red mist. His assistant sees this happen and, after a moment of hesitation, gets into the machinegun and lays down suppressive fire. [6] It doesn't phase Nightingale, who escapes completely unharmed, but the rest of the company is not so lucky. They are suppressed and as such will not move until it is safer.

Spoiler: Pvt. Siegfried (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pvt. Nightingale (click to show/hide)

1st Airborne Division

...let's try that again.

Paradrop into the field, behind enemy lines. (Remember to use my quick reflexes this time)
Observe field. If I have a radio, report in enemy positions

After the death of the first jumper, the others were obviously shaken. [3+1] Pvt. Grey makes it to the ground alright and so do most of the other jumpers. The glider makes a sharp turn back to the ocean, where it'll ditch and be recovered.

[2] Grey is unable to convey any information about the enemy's positions, and gives a false guestimate of where the guns are, causing a barrage of explosive ordinances to come too close to the company, alerting the enemy and [3+1] stopping just short of making Pvt. Grey a greasy spot in the exploded earth.

[2+2] Immediately machineguns start ripping and hell is released above the heads of the airborne division. Pvt. Grey is fine, but suppressed.

Spoiler: Pvt. Grey (click to show/hide)

Artillery Guns Left: 2
Bunkers Left: 2
Tank Traps Left: 15

End Turn 2

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2017, 03:57:17 pm »

Could've been better, definately could've been worse.

Tentatively - tentatively - attempt to peek out; use my quick reflexes to help negate the suppressive fire. Radio in where the suppressive fire looks to be coming from, so it can get artillery'd.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2017, 03:57:31 pm »

Hey, I lived this time.

Hold position and reload.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2017, 04:54:39 pm »

Pvt Nightingale is completely unphased. He knew this would happen, and he kept his sight picture. He didn't even have to shift his aim an inch. just work the bolt and squeeze the trigger once more.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 06:57:41 pm »

Continue suppressing
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2017, 02:35:51 pm »

Search around for the equipment from that medic who died, try to stabilize my wound if the equipment is found

(I remember reading the turn but I forget to sent an action, whoops)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 01:30:41 pm »

TURN 3

Landing Craft 1

Continue suppressing

[4] Suppressive fire is the way to go. The nest nearest to Pvt. Reynolds stops firing for the moment. [5] The other nest is too preoccupied to slaughter the incoming tide of soldiers.

Search around for the equipment from that medic who died, try to stabilize my wound if the equipment is found

[1] In his scramble to find a medic before he bleeds out, Pvt. Smith goes across the beach only to find that the only medics he could find are all either dead or wounded. He does find what looks to be a medical kit, but it is just an empty box. [4] Even with his mad dash, Smith manages to not get shot again.

Spoiler: Pvt. Reynolds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pvt. Smith (click to show/hide)

Landing Craft 2

Hold position and reload.

Pvt. Siegfried reloads the bazooka. This is an easy task for two, though difficult, it’s still doable for a single person. Siegfried stays in cover, so the machineguns’ suppressive fire doesn’t tear him to pieces. [4] He isn’t hit with anything.

Pvt Nightingale is completely unphased. He knew this would happen, and he kept his sight picture. He didn't even have to shift his aim an inch. just work the bolt and squeeze the trigger once more.

[2] Working the bolt back, Pvt. Nightingale has to fight it to get it back, temporarily losing sight of his new target, when he does get back to the unlucky Gerry, he’s moved a couple feet to the left. Aiming back up, Nightingale squeezes the trigger, but the round is a dud. [2] Nightingale is hit by a bullet in the lower left leg and in the upper left arm.

Spoiler: Pvt. Siegfried (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pvt. Nightingale (click to show/hide)

1st Airborne Division

Tentatively - tentatively - attempt to peek out; use my quick reflexes to help negate the suppressive fire. Radio in where the suppressive fire looks to be coming from, so it can get artillery'd.

[4+2] Looking out over the low rubble wall keeping him and his company from being gunned down, Pvt. Grey sees a mass of about ten to fifteen nazis, give or take a few. [1] Pvt. Grey gives the exact location of his position to the boats for artillery barrage. A little voice in his head says Ya dun’ fooked up, pal. He holds his breath and awaits a death that [6] doesn’t happen the way he thought it would. Due to a miscalculation from the gun sights for the ship’s main cannons, the rounds end up in the correct place, taking out the nazis keeping the company pinned. However, seeing that the rounds were misplaced, another salvo is sent out to the radioed location killing the bulk of the 1st airborne division [3], but only heaving Pvt. Grey out of the defilade, giving him a slight concussion.

End Turn 3

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 01:42:25 pm »

Stay in cover.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2017, 01:46:48 pm »

1st Airborne Division

[4+2] Looking out over the low rubble wall keeping him and his company from being gunned down, Pvt. Grey sees a mass of about ten to fifteen nazis, give or take a few. [1] Pvt. Grey gives the exact location of his position to the boats for artillery barrage. A little voice in his head says Ya dun’ fooked up, pal. He holds his breath and awaits a death that [6] doesn’t happen the way he thought it would. Due to a miscalculation from the gun sights for the ship’s main cannons, the rounds end up in the correct place, taking out the nazis keeping the company pinned. However, seeing that the rounds were misplaced, another salvo is sent out to the radioed location killing the bulk of the 1st airborne division [3], but only heaving Pvt. Grey out of the defilade, giving him a slight concussion.

BWAHAHAHA
Sure, that works. XD

What does RMA stand for?

I'll wait until that's answered to post an action.

EDIT: would my high tolerance negate my concussion penalties?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2017, 03:03:26 pm »

((no long-range bonus? okay.))
welp, I've got little choice here, I can't make the sprint with a crippled leg. I fight through the pain, work the bolt to extract the dud, and attempt to take that MG out once more.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2017, 07:08:00 pm »

Try to shoot the guy manning the MG closest to me
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12